Tommorland Skyway Building Referb

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The staircases, so I understand, are getting close to structurally unsafe. The building may or not have a part in the plan for this area depending on how things turn out, so for now it is a `keep it as it is`.

Figment1986

The 2nd floor i still used a storage and such with props and items... (including the buckets from the skyway) Untill they have a better use for the area it's best that it's used for this.. I'm suprised the store underneighth is still locked and and closed though.... you would figure they would have used that to sell something, then again they have the store in starcade so i guess it's not needed.

wdwCC

The 2nd floor i still used a storage and such with props and items... (including the buckets from the skyway) Untill they have a better use for the area it's best that it's used for this.. I'm suprised the store underneighth is still locked and and closed though.... you would figure they would have used that to sell something, then again they have the store in starcade so i guess it's not needed.

OK, how long has the skyway been gone? Yet they still have the buckets for it??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yet they still have the buckets for it??
Yep. It was easier to park them there before removing the cables - and that`s where they`ve remained ever since until the building has a use or needs to be removed.

Dskipper

sky ride

fyi the buckets from the skyway was sold off a few years ago to a zoo. there is just storage up there now, but before they were sold off that was all that was up there. they could not be moved untill the state finished there investigation. it took a few years. the bucket still had the yellow tape on it till the day it was sold.

landauh

As part of the judgement/agreement for the lawsuit, all the skyway equipment was required to be kept for 10 years. They were store in the TL building until this spring when the 10 years were up. That night all the buckets, cables, and hardware were removed from the building. The storage is on the bottom floor and is for merchandise.

The refurb is for Stitch's new stage show that is coming next year.

Tearing down the building requires more than normal demo. I was informed that it still contains some asbestos and requires special equipment & personnel to meet EPA requirements.

Figment1986

um... I dont remember any lawsuit where they needed to keep anyting mostly intact for 10 years, and if there was it would be public record... I'm not doubting it cause this is florida after all (I live here and question stuff sometimes) but could you point to the records? I thought they were just stored cause they didnt have anywhere else to go, like those 2 monorails they kept in storage till the early millenium...

devoy1701

As part of the judgement/agreement for the lawsuit, all the skyway equipment was required to be kept for 10 years. They were store in the TL building until this spring when the 10 years were up. That night all the buckets, cables, and hardware were removed from the building. The storage is on the bottom floor and is for merchandise.

The refurb is for Stitch's new stage show that is coming next year.

Tearing down the building requires more than normal demo. I was informed that it still contains some asbestos and requires special equipment & personnel to meet EPA requirements.

Why would that building need to be refurbed for Stitch's show? the stairway in on the entirely opposite side than the Galaxy Theatre or the courtyard between Space and the Skyway where the stage show could take place... and if they were planning to demo building, they wouldn't be refurbing anything in it.

And I don't know where you guys are getting the information about the Buckets not being up there anymore but you can clearly still see some of them through the space of the door that covers the old opening for the Skyway when riding the TTA...atleast you could in Aug (last time I rode TTA during the day.) I'll be there Saturday anyhow and will have a looksee.

some ppl present some wacked information!

MousDad

I thought GPT was not the location of the Stitch show. Remember, we're going to find out in January if JH was right about it being demo'd for a parking lot.

devoy1701

I thought GPT was not the location of the Stitch show. Remember, we're going to find out in January if JH was right about it being demo'd for a parking lot.

you're right...I shouldn't jump to conclusions about other people jumping to conclusions so quickly...but it still didn't make sense that Landauh mentioned the refurb for the building was for Stitch but also that the building would be demo-ed.

Now that I think back to the original thread about the stitch bash...I think that Stich will be done like the DJs used to be during Grad Night with the stage and mixing table set up infront of the skyway building causing a mass crowd in the courtyard infront of Space... :shrug:

it always seemed like a breakdown to me...

either way...if the show took place in the theater or in the courtyard...unless they were going to remove the doors covering the opening for the skyway buckets and using that area for the show...I don't see how the stair refurb could coincide with the Stitch show...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom