Tom Staggs drops some REAL information about the future

Captain Neo

Original Poster
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ar-land-cars-land-resorts-chairman-tom-staggs

Knock yourself out with the link but for those that want a summary:

- Avatarland budget between 400-500 million dollars.
-Cars Land has (obviously) been a huge success and will be used as the model going forward. They want to focus on building entire lands for properties instead of just 1 ride like in the old days.
-He hints/basically confirms Cars Land is getting cloned (Doesn't mention when or where)
-Promises bigger Lucasfilm presence in all of the parks.

SirLink

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ar-land-cars-land-resorts-chairman-tom-staggs

-Cars Land has (obviously) been a huge success and will be used as the model going forward. They want to focus on building entire lands for properties instead of just 1 ride like in the old days.
-He hints/basically confirms Cars Land is getting cloned (Doesn't mention when or where)

1)Wasn't that always the case - when they announced this "project"
2)Think that is a given, in general of theme parks, now - even more so at Universal where they are creating a little Springfield
3)He doesn't confirm Cars Land for O-town, more states that future expansions will have a dining, shops, small 'experiences' and a grand 'experience' - urgh
4)Already been confirmed by quite a few insiders and JR himself all future Star Wars will be going to the Orient.

NoChesterHester

The Avatar budget is larger than I expected. For gods sake... what did the Lightstorm version cost!?!?

Oddysey

Considering there are two more films coming out right before it opens....i should say so

Depends on the quality and reception of the films. Just because there are two more films coming out it does not mean Avatar is going to be a successful franchise in 2017. My point is Harry Potter was an established franchise before US invested in it. The same with Star Wars before Disney invested in it. Avatar has had one succsessful film that was based on the futuristic re-telling of the story of pocahontas. Im not sure how many more variations of the story can be told. Ultimately, I hope you are correct because I think Pandora in a theme park could be amazing.

wiigirl

Sounds promising. Hope it's all gonna actually happen. Time will tell

We can only hope! :p
75.gif

Bolt

This, coming from the man who is a year overdue on a PI announcement.

I can only hope/assume that Curl moving out of that pod of buildings is a sign of a major overhaul in that complex area and I can bet that Apricot Lane doesn't hold much weight in that area to jeopardize a major overhaul.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I can only hope/assume that Curl moving out of that pod of buildings is a sign of a major overhaul in that complex area and I can bet that Apricot Lane doesn't hold much weight in that area to jeopardize a major overhaul.
Apricot Lane is a popup location, so no long term commitment there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom