News Tom Sawyer Island closed due to suspicious person

BaymaxFan

Original Poster
I guess the question could be asked is how close does he have to get before one can identify a prop from an actual hatchet? After it is imbedded in your skull it is going to be difficult to run from danger. You make it sound like the way the world is today we should be able to just assume it's plastic.
I said it was a prop because they had already arrested him and found it to be a prop...

Goofyernmost

I said it was a prop because they had already arrested him and found it to be a prop...
The timing that it was unfolding is what I was talking about. Of course, people will panic until the person is apprehended and it is determined that it is a prop. They cannot just assume that is what it is, it might be the last assumption they ever make.

Lilofan

The timing that it was unfolding is what I was talking about. Of course, people will panic until the person is apprehended and it is determined that it is a prop. They cannot just assume that is what it is, it might be the last assumption they ever make.
There are props everywhere at WDW. One would be unsuccessful trying to steal a prop at Prime Time restaurant and lounge at DHS. The 1950s props are glued onto the shelves.

TrainsOfDisney

So on an island designed for kids to play with guns / cannons etc. - the entire place gets evacuated because a kid (teenager) picked up a “hatchet” on the island?

Goofyernmost

There are props everywhere at WDW. One would be unsuccessful trying to steal a prop at Prime Time restaurant and lounge at DHS. The 1950s props are glued onto the shelves.
I didn't know that any were out loose and I can only assume that others wouldn't know that either so why would they automatically think that it is a prop. Honestly I have been on the island once and that was in 1983, so I would also have been concerned had I been there. Couple that with the fact that there is more than one way to get in the park, without going through the front gate and you have reason for panic. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing, but there is no reason to think that it couldn't have been more serious.

Lilofan

I didn't know that any were out loose and I can only assume that others wouldn't know that either so why would they automatically think that it is a prop. Honestly I have been on the island once and that was in 1983, so I would also have been concerned had I been there. Couple that with the fact that there is more than one way to get in the park, without going through the front gate and you have reason for panic. I'm glad it turned out to be nothing, but there is no reason to think that it couldn't have been more serious.
I think back in the day guests could shoot the Davy Crockett like rifles at a shooting gallery. I think that place is no longer.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This just in, we now have an artist rendering of the suspect:

Hatchet_Man.jpg

If you see him please notify the authorities immediately.

spock8113

"Tom Sawyer Island closed due to suspicious person"

API/Reuters Sept 5, 2021 17:52
The Tom Sawyer Island at DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom was closed today after a person of suspicious nature was noticed.
It turns out the person was Walt Disney's ghost escaped from the Haunted Mansion and was bemoaning the conditions of his parks and company at the hands of majority shareholders. Details at 11.
Next up: How to bake a blemonge with celebrity Swedish Chef Hurdy Nerdy Goody Sverdi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom