Tom Hanks to play Walt Disney

IowaHawks7

Original Poster
The Disney Company is producing a movie based on Mary Poppin's author P.L Travers life and the making of Mary Poppins. In the moive the role of PL Travers will be portrayed by Emma Thompson and the role of Walt Disney will be portrayed by Tom Hanks. What does everyone think of this casting?

steviej

I think he'll do good looking like him, but Tom Hanks has a very distinct voice, that is nothing like Walt's, hopefully he's able to get that in gear, cause if he can, i think he'll be an amazing Walt

RonAnnArbor

Note: in a movie about PL Travers and Mary Poppins the movie, Walt is going to be in about two scenes...I wouldn't worry too much about who is playing him...

Taylor

Note: in a movie about PL Travers and Mary Poppins the movie, Walt is going to be in about two scenes...I wouldn't worry too much about who is playing him...
I thought the movie was about Walt trying to get the film rights for Mary Popins I hope I'm not wrong because if so my interest level went down for it

twinnstar

thats perfect. he doesnt sound like him and maybe doesnt even look like him, but his "vibe" is exactly the same - perfect fit!

he has passed, but my grandfather would have been PERFECT. they looked exactly the same. i think thats one of the reasons i love walt :)

ExtinctJenn

I sat here trying to hear Walt's words through Tom Hanks' mouth and y'know I think it is a good casting. He's a fantastic actor and really puts everything he has into becoming the character he is portraying. I think even vocally they are similar (sure not exact) but it would be a real match if Hanks can pull off the "accent" as well.

SirNim

Jon Stewart mentioned T.Hank's mustache during the Night of Too Many Stars and said he *hoped* it was for a role. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom