Tom Hanks as Walt Disney

disneybuff79

Original Poster
Who all thinks Tom Hanks is a great cast as Walt Disney in the upcoming new movie about Mary Poppins? I think it will be awesome!! Thoughts?

216bruce

I think it's a lot more important that you have someone who can get across Walt's "spirit" to the audience as opposed to just look like him. Tom Hanks is an amazing actor, seems very young-at-heart and not disimilar to the age needed for that time of Walt's life. I think he's a great choice. The supporting cast is top notch and Emma Thompson is a great actress also. Personally, I'm looking forward to this movie more than just about any other release for 2013. I just hope that they make it "real and don't sanitize it. Let there be conflict, smoking, etc.
Also, I'm thrilled to be making a trip to Disneyland and the Burbank studio during the filming. Maybe I'll get lucky and see some of this from a distance. Can't wait for a trailer of the movie.

216bruce

I saw Mr. Hanks on the Emmy awards last evening complete with Walt mustache and new haircut for the part. Looked good.

FitzherbertFreak

I think Hanks will be good as Tom. I also saw his mustache on the Emmy Awards last night ;) I've also heard of a movie coming out in the next few years called Magic Kingdom. I believe it had something to do with the parks when they were closed.

Californian Elitist

I wonder if they'll be allowed to film in Walt's apartment? It's already decorated in 60's Victorian style...

Hopefully they will. It looks and feels very 50's in that apartment and all of Disney's property is still in there and intact the way he left it. I think they're going to have to go in and digitally change the Disneyland scenes, unless all the scenes will be on Main Street. Disneyland looks so different today compared to when it first opened. I'm anxious to see how those scenes, or scene will turn out.

Cosmic Commando

Hopefully they will. It looks and feels very 50's in that apartment and all of Disney's property is still in there and intact the way he left it. I think they're going to have to go in and digitally change the Disneyland scenes, unless all the scenes will be on Main Street. Disneyland looks so different today compared to when it first opened. I'm anxious to see how those scenes, or scene will turn out.
Yes, I have to imagine they will carefully plan the Disneyland scenes, to say the least! Just imagine the task of getting period-appropriate extras!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom