Tokyo DisneySea

WigglyWiggins

Original Poster
howdy all,
our family has some very close friends who have recently moved to japan....there is a possibility wewill go and visit them. If we do we would all love to visit Disney Seas because it looks AMAZING. Have any of you been? Whats it like? arethings in Englich aswell as japanese? normally im quite bi-lingual but japanese......yeah right.
Any feedback would be great!
thanx
wiggly

by the by......19 days till we go to WDW....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA the excitement is too much!

DisJosh

I haven't been but I'm almost positive that both Tokyo DL and D Sea's attractions ect...are all in Japanese. In some attractions you can get head sets that have the narrations in english.

See TDL and TDS are both owned by a big Japanese Entertainment company...Disney only owns a small part of those two parks so I'm sure they made it a point to cator to mostly the Japanese guests. Unlike at DL PAris where you can find alot of signs and attractions in English. :)

WeirdOne

Originally posted by DisJosh
I haven't been but I'm almost positive that both Tokyo DL and D Sea's attractions ect...are all in Japanese. In some attractions you can get head sets that have the narrations in english.

See TDL and TDS are both owned by a big Japanese Entertainment company...Disney only owns a small part of those two parks so I'm sure they made it a point to cator to mostly the Japanese guests. Unlike at DL PAris where you can find alot of signs and attractions in English. :)

Let me correct this statement by saying that it is not true. This snippet here is courtesy of my friend Joe. His website about The Tokyo Disney Resort is located at http://www.jtcent.com. I hope this helps.

"In English:
Park Guide Map booklet
Porto Paradiso Water Carnival (show - English/Italian singing)
Encore! - (show - cast singing)

In Japanese only:
DisneySea Transit Steamer (recorded narration)
Venetian Gondolas (live narration/singing by gondoliers)
DisneySea Symphony (show - Mickey's dialogue)
Lido Isle Meet and Smile (show - character dialogues)
Journey to the Center of the Earth (narration)
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (narration)
Big City Vehicles (driver narration)
DisneySea Electric Railway (recorded narration)
Donald's Boat Builders (shows - character dialogues)
Indiana Jones Adventure (Indy Jones's dialogue)
Sindbad's Seven Voyages (narration)
Magic Lamp Theater (preshow and all main show dialogue)

In English and Japanese:
Fortress Explorations (display signs)
Sail Away (show - dialogue/singing)
StormRider (preshow - spoken Japanese and English/Chinese displays; during attraction - Japanese only)
Mermaid Lagoon Theater (show - mixed dialogue and singing)

* Aquatopia has no spoken announcements or narration aside from safety spiels during queuing.
* Mystic Rhythms show announcements are in English and Japanese. There is singing during the performance but not in English nor Japanese.
* Caravan Carrousel, Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster, Scuttle's Scooters, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Blowfish Balloon Race, The Whirlpool and all of Ariel's Playground are in minimal Japanese or have no dialogue.
* All street performers (except for The Living Statues) speak in English with minimal Japanese.
*All attraction, show, shop, restaurant menus, and restroom signs and displays (in Italian for places in Mediterranean Harbor , in Spanish for places in Lost River Delta ).
*Public address announcements.
*Most introductions and safety spiels on attractions and shows."

Once again, thanks to my friend Joe for letting me post this. His site is located at http://www.jtcent.com. You're Welcome for the help. - The WeirdOne :D

barryb

Hi,

If you're interested in having a look, I was last there in September and have videos running on my site. www.barrybedford.com

Most attractions are in Japanese but it's fairly easy to figure out what is going on.

20K is the new version of the ride. Forget WDW and DL's versions. The subs you ride in are running from an overhead rail (think Peter Pan - only on a grander scale).

Hope this helps,
BarryB.

www.barrybedford.com - Now showing over 60 minutes of Tokyo & Paris Resort Videos!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom