Tokyo DisneySEA Fantasmic?

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
...Looks like World of Color, and looks amazing. I'm jealous. :lol:

http://www.blooloop.com/News/Image/2220101055491.760.jpg
Tokyo DisneySea® Park has announced that a new nighttime entertainment spectacular titled “Fantasmic!” will premiere in April 2011 to kickoff the yearlong celebration of the Tokyo DisneySea 10th Anniversary, which is September 4.

Taking place at night in Mediterranean Harbor, this spectacular features Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer’s Apprentice who creates a breathtaking world of wonder and imagination. The show features fantastic scenes from many familiar Disney films such as Aladdin, Cinderella and Finding Nemo, as well as a thrilling sequence of Mickey fighting a gigantic dragon. Filled with special effects using water and fire on the waters of Mediterranean Harbor, this dramatic show promises a night of unforgettable fantasy and excitement for all.

Performances of “Fantasmic!” will continue to be presented after the Tokyo DisneySea 10th Anniversary celebration ends.

Details

Duration: Approximately 20 minutes
Opening: April 2011 (date not yet determined)
Investment: Approximately 3 billion yen

Note: “BraviSEAmo!” , the nighttime show currently being presented, will end on November 13, 2010 in preparation for the new show.
Image: copyright Disney.

I will miss BraviSEAmo, though, and although I have never seen it live. Vids and soundtracks are amazing, though. :eek:

sponono88

Very cool! This looks like a mix of Fantasmic+Braviseamo+World of Color.

Perhaps they didn't go for WoC due to the big platform that would have to be installed. Maybe they wanted something a bit more temporary? It looks like instead they borrowed some of the mist screen technology. Hmm. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster
Very cool! This looks like a mix of Fantasmic+Braviseamo+World of Color.

Perhaps they didn't go for WoC due to the big platform that would have to be installed. Maybe they wanted something a bit more temporary? It looks like instead they borrowed some of the mist screen technology. Hmm. Can't wait to see what they come up with!

The platform on the concept art is HIGHLY reminiscent of their earliest show, DisneySEA Symphony, which had Sorcerer Mickey and a amalgamation of music. :lol: I like.

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster

EPCOT Explorer

Original Poster

sponono88

New concept art was revealed today in the new D23 Disney Geek video:

FantasmicDisneySea-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom