Tokyo Disneyland/Sea expands!

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/blog/pr141030/?adpcnt=7uK_2Ul

Above is the link of the press release.
-Tokyo Disneyland gets Famtasyland Forest with a different theme and without removing Toontown
-Tomorrowland Bids goodbye to Starjets and Autopia
-Alice in wonderland Moves in and Beauty and the beast.
-Small World Moves near Tomorrowland
-FROZENLAND goes to Tokyo Disneyland in 2016
-Olafs Sweets restaurant opens in 2016
-Frozen opens in 2017
-Tomorrowland gets refreshed
DisneySea
-A new port Debuts in 2017
-The newly renovated Hotel Miracosta opens with new rooms.
-Mediterrainian Harbor after construction artwork.
-New regular Shows goes in.
plus more details about this expansion and new shows will be featured in D23 expo 2015.

Last edited:

FerretAfros

Here's a crazy thought: Frozen is nowhere to be seen in the Fantasyland concept art. TDS is getting an all-new port that would presumably represent a different culture, location, and era than what's already in the park.

Arendale is a port. The park's only European area is Mediterranean Harbor which is set in a different era, with very different architecture and atmosphere. It's a little disappointing to think about, but the more I ponder it, the more sense it makes

doctornick

Arendale is a port. The park's only European area is Mediterranean Harbor which is set in a different era, with very different architecture and atmosphere. It's a little disappointing to think about, but the more I ponder it, the more sense it makes

They could easily theme a port to (say) the North Sea with a Scandinavian theme. Then you can have your Frozen type attractions, but also have something more generically Scandinavian like a Viking or Norse god ride. This would be similar to how they have the Arabian coast and have Aladdin themed attractions, but also Sindbad.

Sped2424

Keep in mind the 8th port was always meant to be Glacier Bay. When the missing piece of the DisneySea puzzle was a port focused on Ice and Snow... it's not hard to guess what they decided to do with Frozen.
Actually there was supposed to be a show done for tokyo Disney sea about the snow queen. The original tale.

mahnamahna101

Keep in mind the 8th port was always meant to be Glacier Bay. When the missing piece of the DisneySea puzzle was a port focused on Ice and Snow... it's not hard to guess what they decided to do with Frozen.

Personally, I'd go with a general Norwegian/Scandinavian theme for the new port. Include a Frozen dark ride (D ticket, all ages), some sort of lavish E-ticket water coaster (maybe Maelstrom on an E-ticket level), a show, an Olaf flat ride (to differentiate from your typical kid-friendly flat ride), and a Viking play area/walkthrough.

Then add a Soarin' esque ride to Mediterranean Harbor, another ride to American Waterfront (something gangster or Muppet themed could be fun, as originally planned back in the mid 2000s), a Little Mermaid C-ticket dark ride (like the classic Fantasyland ones), and something for Port Discovery (in the plot by Lost River Delta)... it needs an E-ticket more than Delta.

Then, use the New Fantasyland expansion to include:
B&TB dark ride (all-ages)
Be Our Guest
Aurora's Cottage (replacement for Enchanted Tales with Belle)
The Story of Rapunzel (indoor/outdoor family boat ride) - 36"
Alice in Wonderland show/walkthrough
Bald Mountain (E-ticket indoor/outdoor coaster) - 52"
IASW relocation
updates to all current Fantasyland attractions
Dumbo relocation
Casey Jr. Circus Train added (all-ages)
new Tomorrowland attraction (D or E ticket)
relocate Star Jets (no reason to completely remove a small Tomorrowland standard that actually is futuristic)

All of that would get me to visit Tokyo Disney Resort today lol

The_Mesh_Hatter

http://*****.com/wp-content/uploads/TDL_Fantasyland_10-22-2014_Full_Revision_copyright-gallery.jpg
here's a high quality rendering. You can really see the details on Small World, as well as the broken up village facade for the huge restaurant replacing Tomorrowland Terrace (I'm assuming the trees and structures above where the roof should be are mainly there for stylistic purposes). The BatB castle is more life sized than it's WDW counterpart. You actually enter this one through the front gates. Who knows if this will lead to an attraction, walk through experience (they already have one in Cinderella's Castle), or a restaurant (although they already are adding the huge village one it seems). So hopefully an attraction.

edit-

it's a shame I can't link to the image because of whatever filter this site as up. I guess you all can just look for it yourself.

BrerJon

here's a high quality rendering. You can really see the details on Small World, as well as the broken up village facade for the huge restaurant replacing Tomorrowland Terrace (I'm assuming the trees and structures above where the roof should be are mainly there for stylistic purposes).

Ah, that's better, and yes it's obvious now what most things are. Looks like Belle's village is there in full, but I'm not sure what the cluster of buildings below that and above the new restaurant are. I don't think they'd be BatB as well.

lazyboy97o

Just wild speculation, but maybe they revived the Beauty and the Beast animatronic show once envisioned for Disneyland Paris.

cheezbat

I saw this yesterday and almost cried. Why couldn't this have happened at the Magic Kingdom? Will they ever move Its A Small World and open up that expansion pad? Will they ever remove the awful Speedway?
They're keeping Toontown...something that's supposedly getting the axe in California for Star Wars.
I also noticed they are keeping all their dark rides...none being replaced by meet n greets?

Man oh man...makes me want to take a trip there right now!

doctornick

I saw this yesterday and almost cried. Why couldn't this have happened at the Magic Kingdom? Will they ever move Its A Small World and open up that expansion pad? Will they ever remove the awful Speedway?

This. It is ironic that TDL is making the two changes that would IMHO would be the biggest things to help modify MK in a sensible way for new additions. Sure, I'd also like to see them add rides to TL and Adventureland but they could do that with existing expansion pads.

SweetDuffy101

Original Poster
what if Tokyo gets MyMagic+?
according to their press release they said that they are in the process of making a hardware similar to mymagic+ will it be a success or a fail?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom