Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Btw i just watched Illuminate! SDL nighttime show, I have a feeling we might see some scenes from Illuminate to be incorporated in Believe! Sea of dreams. but then again i might be wrong.

BrianLo

One has to wonder how they're going to get away with charging inflated Disney prices for this when the Sheraton and Hilton are next door.

The same way they get away with charging people 300-400% markup for the ‘Nice’ ones.

People seem to have no appreciation for even mild frugality when it comes to these hotels and Disney.

I get it, some are pretty. Some also cost more than what it would cost to just fly yourself to Venice and stay in the real thing.

Oddly Shanghai’s Toy Story hotel is still one of the very few I’ve ever thought was priced ok. But it’s also way less gaudy than this. I’m confident this one will be disgustingly priced.

RandySavage

^I'd been hoping we'd get to see a detailed model soon.

Rockwork looks great. Numerous buildings in the model are unfinished with little detail, which, as a model-lover, is disappointing.

The thing that I am most interested in seeing is the hotel and how it interfaces the park. Curiously, they left it out (mostly). Regarding the disconcerting white section that looks like a modern midrise, I hope/assume there are missing model pieces of the hotel between that section and the park.

BubbaisSleep

Regarding the disconcerting white section that looks like a modern midrise, I hope/assume there are missing model pieces of the hotel between that section and the park.
I'm almost positive the white section is just a reference to the newly built Beauty in the Beast ride or the new Fantasyland Theater. It's in the same exact area.

Very excited about the model. Looks like the Tangled area will be the smaller land of the three, though I'm still very curious what is inside of that rockwork as it cannot be just a simple spinner as some rumors suggested.

RandySavage

I'm almost positive the white section is just a reference to the newly built Beauty in the Beast ride or the new Fantasyland Theater. It's in the same exact area.
Here's an aerial to illustrate. It's definitely part of the hotel, but is going to cause some confusion, as in "what is that unthemed midrise modern building that is taller than the frozen summit?" Fingers crossed for a model of the complete hotel soon.
guesswork.jpg

568658658565685456.jpg

Last edited:

BrianLo

It's a bit odd they are showing the half finished model. But perhaps it's more so that the camera can sweep through to look at the rock work?

In the picture right above the berm foliage is actually in the model, but no other trees are.

Even though it's obviously there, I don't feel the hotel will be a focal point once you are on the ground level with foliage.

SweetDuffy101

I still wonder why they still keep the attraction details under wraps though, Is it like a trend with theme parks these days. To not reveal details until near completion?

IMDREW

Do we think Tokyo Disneyland will receive a new daytime parade for the 40th in 2 years? I cant help but feel Dreaming Up! hasn't had it's time yet. It's a too good parade for a run of 3-4 years imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom