Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Animaniac93-98

The Soarin' there is really a mistake. The show building is fantastic but it's really not connected to the ride at all, considering the ride is just the exact same thing as WDW. I know it was to save money, but they should have come up with an entirely new ride film to match the show building.

Soaring Over Italy or Soaring Over the Mediterranean would have been nice.

fradz

The Soarin' there is really a mistake. The show building is fantastic but it's really not connected to the ride at all, considering the ride is just the exact same thing as WDW. I know it was to save money, but they should have come up with an entirely new ride film to match the show building.
Heh... Everything is wonderful separately in the attraction (building design, queuing, theme, pre-show, show), and as soon as the show begins, you are immersed into it. Sure, a new film would've been nice, but I wouldn't call the attraction a "mistake."

UNCgolf

Heh... Everything is wonderful separately in the attraction (building design, queuing, theme, pre-show, show), and as soon as the show begins, you are immersed into it. Sure, a new film would've been nice, but I wouldn't call the attraction a "mistake."

I didn't mean building it was a mistake; I meant not using a new film was a mistake. The current film doesn't really fit the rest of the attraction and a new film could have really elevated it into something special.

UNCgolf

Isn't the Frozen ride a longer version of Frozen Ever After in Epcot?

That's what they're doing at Paris -- although apparently it isn't longer. I thought it was supposed to be longer with additional scenes as well, but someone (I think Martin) recently said that it was going to be an exact clone of the one at WDW.

I think the Frozen attraction being built in Tokyo is something completely new.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Not sure how much plans have changed in the years since the various announcements were given, but in the past it was said that Tokyo's Frozen would be the only totally different build and the rest would all be lightly changed FEA variations.

yensidtlaw1969

Paris and HK are getting FEA+. Tokyo is getting an original attraction (I've heard Shanghai Pirates ride system and trackless, so I'm not sure which one it is).
Shoutout to anyone else who fails to see the logic in a water ride through a completely Frozen landscape . . .

To me, Trackless Sleds "skating" across the "ice" is the OBVIOUS answer for Frozen, but alas . . .

UNCgolf

Paris and HK are getting FEA+. Tokyo is getting an original attraction (I've heard Shanghai Pirates ride system and trackless, so I'm not sure which one it is).

Is it still FEA+? That was my original understanding. I thought it was stupid because FEA is a mediocre attraction hamstrung by the space available for it -- why clone it when you can build something new without that hindrance? -- but I'm 99% sure Martin posted here in a response to me that the current plans were for them to be an exact clone with no additional scenes of any kind.

Magic Feather

Is it still FEA+? That was my original understanding. I thought it was stupid because FEA is a mediocre attraction hamstrung by the space available for it -- why clone it when you can build something new without that hindrance? -- but I'm 99% sure Martin posted here in a response to me that the current plans were for them to be an exact clone with no additional scenes of any kind.
No additional scenes. But some plusses and built from the ground up. Not a retrofit is enough to be a + in my opinion.

yensidtlaw1969

The blueprints seem to reveal that they are near clones.

Slight adaptations seem to be made to the track and orientation of scenes within a new building - the track switch before the drop seems to move guests to the Left where in Epcot they are moved to the Right - but to the casual guest the ride experience will likely appear to be basically identical.

EPCOT Layout:

28963163185_a92c9afa55_o rotated.jpg

Disneyland Paris Blueprints:

EShjuOsXgAAIReO.jpg

EShkYJQX0AEwUSL.jpg

UNCgolf

No additional scenes. But some plusses and built from the ground up. Not a retrofit is enough to be a + in my opinion.

Like maybe (hopefully) doing something with all the blank walls in the existing attraction? It's not great regardless, but I think that's my biggest issue with it. There are multiple scenes that are almost bare.

BrianLo

The blueprints seem to reveal that they are near clones.

Slight adaptations seem to be made to the track and orientation of scenes within a new building - the track switch before the drop seems to move guests to the Left where in Epcot they are moved to the Right - but to the casual guest the ride experience will likely appear to be basically identical.

EPCOT Layout:

View attachment 527156

Disneyland Paris Blueprints:

View attachment 527153
View attachment 527154

Yes it will definitely more or less preserve the same identical beats and progression. There is actually more square footage though and the track has been stretched out a bit into the square building.

It will be interesting to see if they follow through with some more depth to the show scenes as a result to make it feel more meaningfully plussed.

I can't really think of a good comparison for other attractions. Maybe sort of a Peter Pan's flight scenario?

yensidtlaw1969

Yes it will definitely more or less preserve the same identical beats and progression. There is actually more square footage though and the track has been stretched out a bit into the square building.

It will be interesting to see if they follow through with some more depth to the show scenes as a result to make it feel more meaningfully plussed.

I can't really think of a good comparison for other attractions. Maybe sort of a Peter Pan's flight scenario?
Peter Pan's Flight is probably a good comparison, especially given that we know the WDW version is bigger, longer, and plussed over the original (even if it's failed to maintain that lead), but ask the average person who's ridden Disneyland's before as they step off the MK attraction and they're likely to say the two rides are "the same".

SweetDuffy101

So yeah we can confirm A whole world scene, Peter pan scene and what looks like to be a Moana Sequence for Believe! Sea of Dreams.

When those Barges Light up its going to be Super bright Together with the Projection mapping Around Hotel Miracosta and the Ginormous Main barge being built behind soaring.

jrhwdw

So yeah we can confirm A whole world scene, Peter pan scene and what looks like to be a Moana Sequence for Believe! Sea of Dreams.

When those Barges Light up its going to be Super bright Together with the Projection mapping Around Hotel Miracosta and the Ginormous Main barge being built behind soaring.

I'm guessing that the date for Believe: Sea Of Dreams has been put on hold due to COVID? Any rumors about other Entertainment coming back?

SweetDuffy101

I'm guessing that the date for Believe: Sea Of Dreams has been put on hold due to COVID? Any rumors about other Entertainment coming back?
Depends on How long the government wants State of Emergency. For now the entertainment department can't do things regarding regular entertainments we just have to wait next week if they tend to extend it or not, From what i'm seeing if all goes smoothly we might get an announcement on april or may.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom