Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Thank you for showing the scale. What tool do you use to measure and draw that block? Uber Cool!

was my guess of the small world building being about the same size? Now that I see your overlay I am guess the small world is a little bit bigger.

Google Earth:)

Google Earth is amazing.

FYI...

Download and install Google Earth Pro, it's free!

Go to where you want to plop the building. Hit "R" to center yourself above the plot looking straight down. Make sure Terrain is unchecked. Click on the polygon tool. Here I shall add a tower to World Showcase Plaza...
View attachment 295145

Left click to drop corners and edges of your polygon. Right click erases a point. You can grab and drag points around. You can chose the color of the line and the fill and their opacity. If you don't want a fill, but just a wire frame, reduce area's opacity to zero. Likewise, zero opacity on the lines hides the frame. Here's a pentagon...

View attachment 295146

When you got the right shape and placement click OK to save it. Now, we'll add height. Right click on your polygon on the map or on the places menu and click Properties to alter it. Go to Altitude. Chose relative to the ground and check Extend sides to ground. Use the slider to add height or type in the altitude (in meters). Let's make it 20m tall and click OK....

View attachment 295147

Now you want to go into 3D mode, so, click Terrain and 3D buildings. Now, position yourself (the camera's POV) to see how the model looks in 'the real world.'....

View attachment 295148

The show building of Disneyland's Runaway Railway takes up about 1.75 acres.

Tokyo is more than capable of getting MMRR but the better question is how eager they are to get it.

View attachment 523518

The entire neighborhood section of Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown would have to come down to make way for the building. Before the massive Fantasy Springs expansion, they could have put the MMRR showbuilding behind Toontown, just like Disneyland but that ship has long since sailed.

Another major factor that would likely discourage Tokyo from building MMRR in their Toontown is its ridesystem. On the left side of the picture is Pooh and on the right is Beauty and the Beast, two trackless attractions. MMRR would be the 3rd trackless attraction in just that specific spot.
Still think it works better at the end of Toyville Trolley Park. I made a post some months ago to that extent, with some theming ideas as well.

RandySavage

In the ride plan there doesn't seem to be any indication of rounded "screen rooms", where the vehicles move in front of a large projections as in Shanghai Pirates or Ratatouille.

The linear track makes it seem like a boat ride. Can anyone translate the text on the screen?

dennis-in-ct

Can anyone translate the text on the screen?
I used the google translate app where you can point your camera at the text and it will translate. Not much to go on. Off the right it says service road.
0670F025-5FCA-4219-8CB5-F80FE4FC8D2C.jpeg
87474B38-3A62-4960-B30B-765EBB012036.jpeg

PalisadesPkteer

Then you'll have to give me advice for WDW!

How have you commuted for an hour?? The furthest I've been was in Odaiba, which was 30min away but that was just for one night while transiting out.
From the "banana of hotels" on site: I prefer the Sheraton over the Hilton but they're about the same. I tried the Grand Nikko Tokyo Bay as it's on the cheaper side; and it was a mess, full of rude chinese invading the buffet and it felt understaffed.
Last year, I actually went on a big solo trip through Japan and at the end stayed in Hotel Mystays Maihama, which is a 15min walk from DisneySea or a 10min busride from Disneyland (I walked back because I wanted to relax). It was cheap but pretty quiet. Breakfast nothing special but not awful. You don't have to depend on any transportation if you don't want to, just your pair of legs. I think it's the best value option.
And as I said, I don't particularly recommend the Disney hotels. MiraCosta is still on my to-do list though, which I'll try with the lady.
For WDW. The Best Western Hotel, Lake Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd worked great for me. You get the same perks as a Disney Hotel (Extra Magic Hours). buses mostly every 30 min most times that drop you off at the parks. Also very short walk to Disney Springs. And the cost was half of what Disney charges for their value resorts. maybe even less than that. Room was pretty good. They are also building a new tower next door. Could have a name change to Drury hotel, but still a good choice.

UNCgolf

For WDW. The Best Western Hotel, Lake Buena Vista on Hotel Plaza Blvd worked great for me. You get the same perks as a Disney Hotel (Extra Magic Hours). buses mostly every 30 min most times that drop you off at the parks. Also very short walk to Disney Springs. And the cost was half of what Disney charges for their value resorts. maybe even less than that. Room was pretty good. They are also building a new tower next door. Could have a name change to Drury hotel, but still a good choice.

The bolded part may not be true anymore. Extra Magic Hours have been eliminated anyways, but there's also some indications that the lesser replacement (30 minutes early each day at any park) is going to be limited to actual Disney hotels. I don't think that's been verified yet though.

PalisadesPkteer

The bolded part may not be true anymore. Extra Magic Hours have been eliminated anyways, but there's also some indications that the lesser replacement (30 minutes early each day at any park) is going to be limited to actual Disney hotels. I don't think that's been verified yet though.
Last I saw on this site, is that the Good Neighbor hotels (Best Western LBV is one) will have the extra 30 min perk.

Piebald

Has it been revealed what type of rides the expansion at TDS will be like? Is it kiddie type rides or is there any sort of E ticket coming? I think TDS is amazing but at the same time they really need some more attractions. I'm kind of surprised (disappointed?) Soarin was built there although the show building is amazing.

J4546

peter pan is supposed to be a major e ticket, frozen as well. the tangled and tinkerbelle rides will be c/d tickets for young kids.

UNCgolf

Has it been revealed what type of rides the expansion at TDS will be like? Is it kiddie type rides or is there any sort of E ticket coming? I think TDS is amazing but at the same time they really need some more attractions. I'm kind of surprised (disappointed?) Soarin was built there although the show building is amazing.

The Soarin' there is really a mistake. The show building is fantastic but it's really not connected to the ride at all, considering the ride is the exact same thing as WDW. I know it was to save money, but they should have come up with an entirely new ride film to match the show building.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom