Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Toni25

The only thing that made me a bit anxious about fantasy springs is their new Beauty and the Beast ride..
BIG MOOD...I was so excited for all the Japan expansions...and now I'm like 👀👀👀 maybe worried a little?
Beauty and the Beast was probably the biggest surprise in the bad sense...I was not expecting to be let down like that.
Sure, the building is beautiful, the preshow is great...but what happened?!
It's trying to be so big and opulent, but ends up being kind of repetitive, empty, boring and dull...reminds me of the Soviet Union 🤣

HongKongFooy

I am guessing a coaster will NOT go there, but rather some sort of River Rapids type ride...I feel like that would make the park complete, as there is no such ride in either DisneySea or the Main Park. It

Japanese don't dig on getting wet like that. Don't expect such a ride like Kali, Popeye or Grizzly River Run.

Even TDR's Splash Mountain limits sprays and splashes.

ThemeParkTraveller

Is the current early entry only 15 minutes before general public?

Also, when I stayed there a few years back I dont remember any early entry(I could be wrong but I thought there was no EE) . I just remember we were all queuing single file like along a lavish hallway/semi open area waiting to walk down into Disney Sea via the hotel's dedicated entrance.

Early entry for MiraCosta guests is 15 minutes and available at a special entrance near the main gate (guests queue on the side closest to the MiraCosta while the TDL Hotel and Ambassador use the further side). The hotel's dedicated entrance opens at the regular opening time.

SweetDuffy101

So this happened today after park closing for Sea.

What we're looking at might be one of the New lighting package for Believe! SOD. and we already know they are already constructing 2 Huge Barges with 2 being as tall as the Hat barge.

(Its a light testing for the barges) Don't be mistaken as a drone. Oh yes i think they're trying to do Second star to the right light testing.

Last edited:

HongKongFooy

There's reports that the New Fantasy Springs hotel will be the most lavish Disney one ever..........I'm thinking about this early claim because Mira Costa already is, more or less, a crazy detailed high end looking hotel. Nothing in the Disney chain is close to it. This Fantasy thing will be unreal!!

If a Mira Costa base room on the cheapest days is approx $550 I'm wondering what will be the Fantasy hotel base price??

If we go by the pattern of budget to high end starting with Celebration at $250ish to Ambassador $375ish to MC and DLhotel at $550ish can we assume the new one will start at around $700??

RandySavage

The hotel will likely make or break the land, environmentally, as it will loom over most of it (as MiraCosta does). If the Fantasy Springs hotels is 85% as well done as MiraCosta I'd be happy. But I'm pessimistic about how the hotel will end up looking. I have so little faith in today's Disney/WDI and their associated outside architects' ability to create great looking themed hotels (i.e., MiraCosta or Disneyland Paris Hotel) that my expectations for the new TDS hotel as an architectural berm for a highly-themed land (as MiraCosta) are quite low. Hope they can surprise me.

Animaniac93-98

The hotel will likely make or break the land, environmentally, as it will loom over most of it (as MiraCosta does). If the Fantasy Springs hotels is 85% as well done as MiraCosta I'd be happy. But I'm pessimistic about how the hotel will end up looking. I have so little faith in today's Disney/WDI and their associated outside architects' ability to create great looking themed hotels (i.e., MiraCosta or Disneyland Paris Hotel) that my expectations for the new TDS hotel as an architectural berm for a highly-themed land (as MiraCosta) are quite low. Hope they can surprise me.

Part of the problem is that "Fantasy Springs" has no unifying visual theme. It's 3 different unrelated movie locations and a vaguely defined hotel all placed closely together and none of them really fit next to each other.

Mediterranean Harbor and Main Street USA both have a uniform architectural style. More significantly, it makes sense to have a hotel in both locations based on their historical context. Both lands also do a good job of hiding part or most of the hotel structure to blend in with the rest of the land and not dominate its sightlines.

What would have made more sense would be to have the whole area as Arendelle and the surrounding mountains, with the hotel component hidden in the upper floors of the village buildings, instead of a huge 8-storey structure.

HongKongFooy

What would have made more sense would be to have the whole area as Arendelle and the surrounding mountains, with the hotel component hidden in the upper floors of the village buildings, instead of a huge 8-storey structure.

I love that idea. Perfect.

And the central ride should have been a sleigh ride using the same rollercoaster ride system as 7DMine or If not that then IJ and Journey To Center Earth. Yes, 3 in the same park still works out just fine.

As for 3 mini lands instead of one: I'm very disappointed..... Such a colossal opportunity cost!

PiratesMansion

Toy Story Hotel

progress on the backstage areas for new fanastyseas

Well...at least the TS Hotel has more...color?...than the other hotels in that area...I guess...?!?

That's the closest thing to a positive I've got.

Not that there's really a right way to do a concept as terrible as a Toy Story Hotel, but the aesthetic looks more like Super Mario Bros. mixed with Lego colors than anything Toy Story. Those are some VERY 1985 NES clouds!

Last edited:

Robbiem

Well...at least the TS Hotel has more...color?...than the other hotels in that area...I guess...?!?

That's the closest thing to a positive I've got.

Not that there's really a right way to do a concept as terrible as a Toy Story Hotel, but the aesthetic looks more like Super Mario Bros. mixed with Lego colors than anything Toy Story. Those are some VERY 1985 NES clouds!

I agree it‘s not the best theme for a hotel. If they were building a more generic hotel I’d have preferred an art of animation style tower with floors themed to different movies or maybe a Disneyland hotel style design with floors themed to the different lands in disneyland and disneysea

Robbiem

Given how close it is to the Sheraton and Hilton, I don't see the point of staying at Toy Story unless it includes perks like Happy 15 and park hopper tickets from day 1.

I agree. You can get some good deals at both. They both have fun themed floors as well for a bit of magic. I’ve stayed in a fairytale ‘happy magic’ room at the hilton and an ocean liner themed room at the Sheraton- both had more fun theming than many of the disney resorts in WDW

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom