Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SweetDuffy101

Previews for the new area have started today, Yes days before grand opening theyve addressed it within the app, Theres no reservation or entry pass being mentioned in the app.

SweetDuffy101

(Update) There is a lottery in the attractions and famous twitter accounts didn't get lucky, It looks like the numbers for Enchanted Tales are very low.

Time to tear down the exterior to Be Our Guest at WDW and replace it with this.
They'll never get rid of that restaurant. They're more likely to tear down Mermaid than one of the biggest money generators in the park.

That theater could be a nice bicoastal COVID-conscious clone however. I think Magic Kingdom still needs a theater and I bet you could plot it down in Disneyland's Fantasyland Theater space.

IMDREW

EiaSIqZU4AAl1LZ.jpeg
EiZYFCYU8AEyMEP.jpeg
EibBuAGU0AEOmsC.jpeg

from themeparx.com

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
That's a lot of blacklight for what's supposed to be a daytime scene (film-wise). Maybe they changed the setting to fit the ride's storyline? From the looks of it, "Be Our Guest", "Something There", the balcony scene post-"Beauty and the Beast", and "Mob Song/Tower Battle" should take place in one day anyway.

Also, interesting how it went from this to that. Not saying it's a downgrade, but it's very different from how it was (at least to us) initially presented.
0*Ch4EAjp3zjhPw4uH.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Excellent.

Tho, some minor nitpicks...

Preshow: two thirds of guests will have a poor view of the Belle or Beast AA since some are directly underneath a balcony. Also, the stained glass window animation could have been plussed a bit.

Also, the preshow's 'candles' have the same fault as the ones in MK's BatB restaurant: bunches of them dim and brighten in sync with one another. That's not how candles work. It's a poor simulation of candlelight especially since bulbs exist that can flicker on their own. Or they could have used fiber optics as the source for more control. It's almost a strobe effect. I wonder if I complain about strobing and seizures if Disney would change it...

Queue: I would have expected a lot of animated objects in the queue. Instead there's a frozen statue of an anthropomorphic boiler (?), and that's it. At the end of the ride there is a projection of running water on the fountain that looks great. They couldn't do any such projections in the queue to make things look alive?

Also, the queue has a window in which a shadow of Beast is doing or saying something. I guess no lessons were learned from the queue for the Little Mermaid ride in which such things are a speed bump of the queue since you have a limited space and time to stop and watch what it's about.

The big rooms with musical numbers all looked great. And I appreciate that there were full musical numbers and not quick pass thrus (looking at you, all you other dark rides based on musicals).

Tiny nitpick: The wardrobe was just another frozen statue... c'mon, after all the other great effects and AAs, there's this giant anthropomorphic wardrobe just frozen in mid-action?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom