Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Steve2753

A Iocal fanblog ( I think tdrmania) mentioned that the moat fountains and spotlights installed for Celebrate! were removed before the castle refurb and now that the castle refurb is complete have they reinstate the moat fountains and spotlights?

SweetDuffy101

A Iocal fanblog ( I think tdrmania) mentioned that the moat fountains and spotlights installed for Celebrate! were removed before the castle refurb and now that the castle refurb is complete have they reinstate the moat fountains and spotlights?
Actually during its closure theyve been doing some projection and strobes testing within the past few months during midnight.

SweetDuffy101

Perhaps they are planning to debut a new projections show sometime in 2021 ? if they do plan to do so i hope the moat spotlights and fountains return
I hope they bring back Celebrate, Since the show was Touted to be one of the permanent nighttime spectaculars in Disneyland, and before the castle refurb it was still advertised as a long term show. since they had to end it so soon. because of Cinderella Castle refurb, There might be a chance of A) Celebrate coming back B) they're making a new show C) a new holiday projection mapping in the works since Tokyo had multiple Projection shows such as (frozen ever after, OUAT winter special, Gift of Christmas, Ouat and Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland.) or D) they might be testing some joined projection mapping with World bazaar and Cinderella Castle.

jrhwdw

I hope they bring back Celebrate, Since the show was Touted to be one of the permanent nighttime spectaculars in Disneyland, and before the castle refurb it was still advertised as a long term show. since they had to end it so soon. because of Cinderella Castle refurb, There might be a chance of A) Celebrate coming back B) they're making a new show C) a new holiday projection mapping in the works since Tokyo had multiple Projection shows such as (frozen ever after, OUAT winter special, Gift of Christmas, Ouat and Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland.) or D) they might be testing some joined projection mapping with World bazaar and Cinderella Castle.
Gift Of Christmas only had 1 Chrisrmas and it was good. So I don't think TDL would replace that but who knows???

A bit of Good News!: F!'s replacement Announced for 2021!

Not much detail, but it's something to look forward too!

Steve2753

jrhwdw

It kinda sounds like a spiritual successor to F! hope it will include more pyros and fountains and the rumored projection effects on mt Prometheus
Ha! Convenient, the theme song was already written over a decade ago ;)

I mean, I’d imagine they’ll use it?? Great song

I highly doubt they would go back to the 5th Ann. Theme for the 20th. Sure, TDR reuses songs but not in this manner I'm thinking.

This looks more like a TDS-like show than a real F! successor to me.

ThemeParkTraveller

There were rumors that Fantasmic was scrapped because of the number of performers (I imagine this is an even bigger concern in the age of COVID-19). The new show will probably be similar in design to recent nighttime shows at TDL- focusing on projection mapping, fountains, and pyro.

SweetDuffy101

So......from what I understand is
1) The show was supposed to be announced during shareholders meeting, and one thing to notice here is that, The announcement is not tied with other 20th anniversary celebration details.
Meaning......Expect a Small scale Celebration for the 20th anniversary(I might be wrong).

2) There is a one huge barge being constructed within the Marina behind soaring much bigger scale than the hat barge, with 4 Barges of Fantasmic! Being repurposed backstage.

3)It might not Utilize the Sea Of dreams Theme song, and from what I see here is a Celebrate! Type of show, Giving the 20 years throwback of Tokyo DisneySea.

Toni25

Somebody posted these on themeparx.com and I...am speechless. This could be like an A Ticket 🤣
And the sleeping kitty on the roof 😍🥰 Mochi

BAYMAX.png

tanc

Somebody posted these on themeparx.com and I...am speechless. This could be like an A Ticket 🤣
And the sleeping kitty on the roof 😍🥰 Mochi

View attachment 486783

Japan literally has such cool design to their parks. The recent Ratatouille ride had a background thing in Epcot that literally is a painted wall.
The amount of detail that Tokyo does really shows what happens when more care goes into the design of the lands and attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom