Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

MarkTwain

Any word on if the expansion is still on track to open next year? Hopefully everything is further along than the American expansions were.

Last edited:
Really great overview from ThemeParx (a guest, so credit to whoever you are/were).

View attachment 472044

The only minor thing is I think the Arendelle village comes down further than they've outlined. You can actually see the blue building in the Tinkerbell/Gaden area, which I agree is part of the Arendelle village complex. Probably the posters first assumption before they changed it. The village does sit in front of the hotel from the model.

Also between the Lagoon and Pan building you can see the foundation for the rock work.
Given their current progress, I don't see why this couldn't open in 2022, though I understand that Tokyo often does construction at a 'glacial' pace.

BrianLo

Any word on if the expansion is still on track to open next year? Hopefully everything is further along than the American expansions were.

It was delayed in January (to April 2023-March 2024), but as a result I think that will likely stick.

I'd also imagine it is earlier in that year long period than later.

The Fantasyland expansion is opening this year, if that's what you mean.

Robbiem

It was delayed in January (to April 2023-March 2024), but as a result I think that will likely stick.

I'd also imagine it is earlier in that year long period than later.

The Fantasyland expansion is opening this year, if that's what you mean.

that sounds like a sensible timeline. Assuming the Olympics next year go ahead opening in 2023/4 would place it just before the 2025 expo in Osaka giving the resort something to market

BrianLo

From Themeparx. 933 is the village, so it does come down like I was speculating.

The most interesting part though is that the Tinkerbell ride is not a flat ride (like it was rumoured), but a boat or bus-bar type experience. I actually think this has been re-designed as it doesn't align with the model from the Imagineering Documentary.

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-10410800.jpg

ThemeParkTraveller

Source appears to be a sign from the construction site, but there's no date. I wonder which one is the current design. OLC's recent annual report did have me concerned that Fantasy Springs might see a budget cut due to the financial impact of the coronavirus on the resort.

SappySappy

From Themeparx. 933 is the village, so it does come down like I was speculating.

The most interesting part though is that the Tinkerbell ride is not a flat ride (like it was rumoured), but a boat or bus-bar type experience. I actually think this has been re-designed as it doesn't align with the model from the Imagineering Documentary.

View attachment 473582
i'm so confused which one is the Tinkerbell ride and how can you tell it's not a flat ride?

Toni25

i'm so confused which one is the Tinkerbell ride and how can you tell it's not a flat ride?

Tinkerbitch.png

That is it.
Only in Tokyo could a flat ride end up actually being more and surprisingly get "upgraded" 😅

EDIT:
933 is Arendelle Village
931 is Frozen Ride
922/932 are Arendelle Castle restaurant and the Ugly Duckling Restaurant
921 is Tangled Ride
971 is a Backstage building
The Peter Pan building is not numbered but you can see the lagoon and boat in front

Last edited:

BrianLo

Source appears to be a sign from the construction site, but there's no date. I wonder which one is the current design. OLC's recent annual report did have me concerned that Fantasy Springs might see a budget cut due to the financial impact of the coronavirus on the resort.

I’d assume the construction sign is more up to date. The Imagineering documentary model I think was filmed about 18-24 months ago. Maybe even longer.

SweetDuffy101

Wait wasn't there a canceled Pixie Hollow type of attraction that was coming to the Magic kingdom and got canceled ? Or the area was just for meet and greets? If there was supposed to be an attraction within pixie Hollow, It looks like it made its way into Tokyo DisneySea.

The track layout really looks like not a flat ride but rather it might go underground or have a some type of water feature.

Magic Feather

Wait wasn't there a canceled Pixie Hollow type of attraction that was coming to the Magic kingdom and got canceled ? Or the area was just for meet and greets? If there was supposed to be an attraction within pixie Hollow, It looks like it made its way into Tokyo DisneySea.

The track layout really looks like not a flat ride but rather it might go underground or have a some type of water feature.
That attraction was a flat ride iirc. Something of a hybrid between the old Francis Ladybug Boogie and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree.

SweetDuffy101

Regarding about the construction leaks, It does look like Rapunzel ride might get The Shanghai Pirates technology and as For peterpan we might get the Flights of passage type Attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom