Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

BrianLo

So cool! Just replying in English out of respect for the forum and it’s members. I sometimes feel so alone in my love for the Disney parks and feel like I’m the only adult male on Holland who likes to go over and over again lol.

Efteling I think is my favourite non-Disney Park. And it's better than some Disney parks.

So you have my undying support at least!

Brummyboy92

Are you planning to stay at the resort? if you stay in one of the on site hotels you get guaranteed entry. We‘ve stayed at the Sheraton and the Hilton and used this, we found the Sheraton best. You can check in next to the station at the welcome centre and buy passes get your room key etc and they take your bags straight to the room so you can go to the parks. No need to buy online which can be a pain with Japan

I was not planning to, as I am there for a month and the cost is spiralling out of control LOL. Is it quite expensive, as I may consider it if the parks open?

IMDREW

So cool! Just replying in English out of respect for the forum and it’s members. I sometimes feel so alone in my love for the Disney parks and feel like I’m the only adult male on Holland who likes to go over and over again lol.
You’re definitely not! Me and my brother are 25 and 28 and we go together all the time and love it! Even have annual passes. I met a friend there also from NL same age and same passion for it. So I know for a fact there’s at least four of us XD.

Stevie Amsterdam

You’re definitely not! Me and my brother are 25 and 28 and we go together all the time and love it! Even have annual passes. I met a friend there also from NL same age and same passion for it. So I know for a fact there’s at least four of us XD.
That is so cool! I’m sure there are more of us, but they might not be on this website. I’ve been visiting Disney parks since ‘95 and will never grow old of it lol 😃

brb1006

Efteling I think is my favourite non-Disney Park. And it's better than some Disney parks.

So you have my undying support at least!
Funny you mentioned that, since the Disney Theme Parks community (mainly the Disneyland Paris community, with French and Belgian visitors) actually get along with very well with the Efteling community.

IMDREW

img_5712.jpg

img_5712b.jpg

Am I correct in assuming this overall placement? With the restaurants between the frozen and tangles rides and Tinkerbell somewhere in the Peter Pan area?

BasiltheBatLord

Quite a bit of news today:

Japan is lifting the state of emergency early for much of the country (39 out of 47 prefectures).

State of emergency will remain through May 31 for large urban prefectures (including Tokyo and Chiba) although government said it is still possible it could be lifted early in these prefectures as well depending on how things go over the next week.

Yesterday saw a record low of 10 new confirmed infections in Tokyo, and Chiba saw 0 new infections today for the first time in 45 days. However Tokyo saw 30 new infections today which is the first increase in a while. Hopefully won’t become a larger trend.

jaxonp

Quite a bit of news today:

Japan is lifting the state of emergency early for much of the country (39 out of 47 prefectures).

State of emergency will remain through May 31 for large urban prefectures (including Tokyo and Chiba) although government said it is still possible it could be lifted early in these prefectures as well depending on how things go over the next week.

Yesterday saw a record low of 10 new confirmed infections in Tokyo, and Chiba saw 0 new infections today for the first time in 45 days. However Tokyo saw 30 new infections today which is the first increase in a while. Hopefully won’t become a larger trend.

that’s good news. I hope it remains that way in Japan.

BasiltheBatLord

Japanese government lifted state of emergency for Kansai area (Osaka, Kyoto) today. No word on USJ re-opening yet although I would expect some kind of statement soon-ish.

State of emergency will continue for Tokyo area and Hokkaido until end of the month. But Abe says if daily trends continue to be as low as they currently are it's possible these areas could see state of emergency lifted as early as Monday.

There have been some concerns recently about increasing infections in Kanagawa (suburban prefecture immediately south of Tokyo), although Kanagawa's infections today were down from yesterday.

Also, for whatever this is the worth, the official TDR app was updated today with an updated map with recently completed construction on it (new Fantasyland and the new main entrance)

Last edited:

BrianLo

Really great overview from ThemeParx (a guest, so credit to whoever you are/were).

tokyo-disney-resort-expansion-973.jpg

The only minor thing is I think the Arendelle village comes down further than they've outlined. You can actually see the blue building in the Tinkerbell/Gaden area, which I agree is part of the Arendelle village complex. Probably the posters first assumption before they changed it. The village does sit in front of the hotel from the model.

Also between the Lagoon and Pan building you can see the foundation for the rock work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom