Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

jrhwdw

It could just be a televised (or filmed for online thing), like the performances of Minnie's show and for Fantasmic.
Could be, but I bet it won't be the full show!!!! :( I thought TDR would post professional full Videos of Very Minnie, Pixar and F! since the parks are closed but NOPE! It was just a short highlight video of Very Minnie! It was prob on their site already before Corona since they have short vids on the entertainment pages on the official site.

Tip Top looks to have taken place a number of days last week, like what TDS usually does for an upcomng season. Maybe TDR knows something we don't?? If you have good news TDR, please share it!!!

mharrington

Could be, but I bet it won't be the full show!!!! :( I thought TDR would post professional full Videos of Very Minnie, Pixar and F! since the parks are closed but NOPE! It was just a short highlight video of Very Minnie! It was prob on their site already before Corona since they have short vids on the entertainment pages on the official site.

Tip Top looks to have taken place a number of days last week, like what TDS usually does for an upcomng season. Maybe TDR knows something we don't?? If you have good news TDR, please share it!!!

I meant that Tip Top may be just a short video, too.

SweetDuffy101

As for what you are seeing are Dress rehearsals for shows are typical for Disney Entertainment, Its been shown on National TV, From blue sky to reality, This type of dress rehearsals are meant for futures Tokyo Disney Resort documentary for future platforms like What they did with Disneyland entertainments, and Full Videos of this shows are meant for future Streaming Platform Services from DVD BLU-ray box sets to Disney Deluxe or Disney+.
We don't know when will this air , But digest videos will pop up in the future and as for last Night Its very minnie made its very last performance on National TV.
Here's the video.

jrhwdw

Now that the Olympics have been delayed a year, expect Beauty and the Beast and Nintendoland open to be pushed back to 2021.
IDK the progress on Nintendoland, but BATB/ New Fantasyland??? WHY?!?!?!? It's just about done! It was going to open April 15th! Does TDR have to be closed for a long time now??

Brummyboy92

The world is not going to be "clear" of Coronavirus come December, maybe December 2021, but certainly not this year.

Disney, Universal etc... are not going to sit on completed projects for months on end due to a lack of "international visitors", especially considering both resorts are massively geared towards a Japanese market. Plus, Disney parks all over the world will struggle with attendance this year if they all open summer onward's. People are not going to rush on mass to the parks considering the situation, so they will need these attractions to open ASAP to pull in as many people as possible, as quickly as possible.

jrhwdw

The world is not going to be "clear" of Coronavirus come December, maybe December 2021, but certainly not this year.

Disney, Universal etc... are not going to sit on completed projects for months on end due to a lack of "international visitors", especially considering both resorts are massively geared towards a Japanese market. Plus, Disney parks all over the world will struggle with attendance this year if they all open summer onward's. People are not going to rush on mass to the parks considering the situation, so they will need these attractions to open ASAP to pull in as many people as possible, as quickly as possible.
It will be 2021.

I mean just look at all the people who thought there was no way that WDW would close just a month ago.
Maybe OLC needs to give us an update on what TDR plans are..... Why even bother with Tip Top just to make a 2 min clip vid if TDR is closed for Months on end?!?!??!? Granted it's giving Hotel Guests some Joy right now.(I'm surprised TDR Hotels are still open with the US Disney Hotels closed)

Also, if we still have Corona till Dec 2021... Do we have to forget WDW's 50th, TDS 20th? I'm sure TDR will be open for Tokyo 2020(now 2021) but do we HAVE too stop working and keep the parks closed till then if we have Corona till Dec 2021???

^ SORRY! It's been a BAD start to the week... and it might get worse!

Timothy_Q

Everyone will be pushed back.

first of all most of the world can’t even travel to Japan right now. They aren’t going to have the grand opening without international guests and famous people and a lot of world wide publicity.

It’s going to take at least till September but more realistically December to clear the world of Corona. At that point might as well move the open to April 2021 to take adanvatge of the New Olympic date.
New Fantasyland will open alongside Tokyo Disney.

There is zero reason to not open the new attractions once the park reopens.

The park will need all the boost it can get, and new attractions are exactly what will do the trick

Brummyboy92

Fully agree with Timothy.

It will reopen in summer along with Fantasyland and it's as simple as that, although do not expect Coronavirus to simply disappear this year, we have a long road ahead I'm afraid.

I'm unsure what long term measures we may see put in place from Disney/governments, perhaps they close the resorts again next year during flu season, so not to overwhelm hospitals during that period, at least until we have a cure.

mccgavin

Now that the Olympics have been delayed a year, expect Beauty and the Beast and Nintendoland open to be pushed back to 2021.
I'm not so sure about that. Super Nintendo World & especially Beauty and the Beast are very far into construction. While it's unlikely that they'll meet their original intended opening date, it's still likely that they'll open sometime within the year. The Olympics don't just require Japan to be in a better state with the virus, but also the countries that both athletes and tourists will be coming from. Once things are in the process of getting better in Japan (which is fairly likely to happen by the end of the year) I imagine both parks will reopen.

fctiger

Well it was supposed to open in April. Not happening. They want to have it open near Olympics as a huge attraction to get people to come to Japan. They aren't going to open it early just so one guy in the US can go there so they can say they were first.

Most people are going to make a once in a lifetime trip to Japan. They aren't going to go twice in a two year period. You watch and see, it's not opening till 2021.

Considering the Olympics has now been delayed a year I do wonder how that will change things. I'm guessing BATB will open in the summer now but it probably won't bring a lot of tourists to the park as planned. No matter what tourism is going to be down all around but more so now.

mccgavin

Well it was supposed to open in April. Not happening. They want to have it open near Olympics as a huge attraction to get people to come to Japan. They aren't going to open it early just so one guy in the US can go there so they can say they were first.

Most people are going to make a once in a lifetime trip to Japan. They aren't going to go twice in a two year period. You watch and see, it's not opening till 2021.
Conversely, it makes no sense to leave a fully completed theme park attraction closed for a year that cast members have likely already been trained for. The cost of upkeep despite it not operating wouldn't be worth it. It could open later this year for Japan residents to enjoy and next year tourists will come to see it who are there for the Olympics. These expansions were timed to get the parks attention during the Olympics, but by no means were they solely built for this purpose.

BrianLo

Everyone will be pushed back.

first of all most of the world can’t even travel to Japan right now. They aren’t going to have the grand opening without international guests and famous people and a lot of world wide publicity.

It’s going to take at least till September but more realistically December to clear the world of Corona. At that point might as well move the open to April 2021 to take adanvatge of the New Olympic date.

I don't think you understand the demographics and visiting patterns of the Tokyo parks. They are predominantly domestic.

While the parks certainly are eager for more international visitors, they are looking at the Eastern Asian region + Australia. They are not competing to attract North American or European visitors.

OLC wanted it to be open to market before the Olympics - not during the Olympics. The proximity to the Olympics itself was not really the key factor.

Unlike the US parks projects, this is now a fully completed project, with ongoing on site crews.

Brummyboy92

If we have Corona till Dec 2021 or even June 2021 it's over for all of us anyway.

Okay, I'm over this chat now.

Several people have explained in quite sensible terms the reason why the park expansions will likely open this year. Disney & Universal are not going to leave completed projects empty for 12+ months, so that they have a "slight" increase in attendance come Olympics 2021, for four weeks.

When the alternative is to open them on completion/combined with the parks reopening, therefore making more money, and still getting the boost in attendance during the Olympics next year, it's not rocket science.

jrhwdw

Okay, I'm over this chat now.

Several people have explained in quite sensible terms the reason why the park expansions will likely open this year. Disney & Universal are not going to leave completed projects empty for 12+ months, so that they have a "slight" increase in attendance come Olympics 2021, for four weeks.

When the alternative is to open them on completion/combined with the parks reopening, therefore making more money, and still getting the boost in attendance during the Olympics next year, it's not rocket science.
Like I said. You can close your eyes and ears but we’ll see what happens.
I predict April 2021.

when do you think it will open.
On what date?
I guess DL can sit on MMRR and Marvel until LA 2028. Why bother now????? Also, I think UOR should cancel HHN for 2020, 2021, longer?.....Oh Well!

We need an update from the overseas parks! We now know UOR is closed till April 19th. WDW at least till April 9th or later.

Brummyboy92

Like I said. You can close your eyes and ears but we’ll see what happens.
I predict April 2021.

when do you think it will open.
On what date?

Whose eyes and ears are closed?

So by your standard, the parks globally will also not open until April 2021?

I don't work for either companies, so how can I possibly know a date? I'm using common sense, which makes me think the parks along with there expansions will open this summer. If they were planning on delaying the opening by a full year, then we would see construction slowing/stopping, which we have not and construction has continued across both parks throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.

Japan has also seen a slowdown in confirmed cases of Covid - 19, and has began opening other attractions. The only reason they are postponing the Olympics is because the virus is out of control throughout the west, and major countries are beginning to pull out of the competition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom