Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

jaxonp

Barely. As soon as you step out of New Fantasyland, it’s that jarring tent and castle look it’s been forever. I still wish they’d redo all the facades around the rest of Fantasyland in MK to actually make it fit.
MK doesn’t have giant wide open areas of cheaply painted concrete like tdl. It’s really bad TBH. For as much praise as Tokyo gets and rightfully deserves... this is simply not one of them.

disneyC97

Barely. As soon as you step out of New Fantasyland, it’s that jarring tent and castle look it’s been forever. I still wish they’d redo all the facades around the rest of Fantasyland in MK to actually make it fit.
People always say this but seem to miss the European architecture there from 1971...Pinocchio, the castle forecourt shops, the venues between the tents, the transitions west of IASW and PPF leading towards Liberty Square (even pre-Tangled), all of which influenced the DL 1983 Fantasyland reno. Not arguing against upgrading the tents to something more interesting but it’s hardly the cheap land most seem to make it out to be...

RandySavage

Part of a concept for a Land-wide renovation of FL around the time Pooh was being planned:
1 Overview Tokyo Lonon Sq (0) plan.png

1 Overview Tokyo Lonon Sq (1).png

RandySavage

^ Correct.

WOW, Randy! Where did you get these?
I came across it a couple years ago from an Imagineer's personal web portfolio... can't remember his name or site, though. There is/was a remarkable amount of 'never-before-published' WDI art put out on the web on similar such online portfolios of non-famous ex-Disney designers. You'd never know about it unless you looked up their individual names (e.g. from THEA Awards Programs) and did web-searches.

jrhwdw

Not expansion but IDK where else to put this:

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! Another TDL Season YT doesn't Like!!!! What is YT's problen with TDR lately?!?!?!?! The vids either have to be in slow motion or 1 min a vid, I don't get it! Even Christmas Stories was a problem to start with this year!!

Is there another Video Platform/Site The Japanese are using for full Videos now???? I'm beginning to wonder if YT will like Magic Happens or Harm.! Rollseyes!!

jrhwdw

Not expansion but IDK where else to put this:

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!! Another TDL Season YT doesn't Like!!!! What is YT's problen with TDR lately?!?!?!?! The vids either have to be in slow motion or 1 min a vid, I don't get it! Even Christmas Stories was a problem to start with this year!!

Is there another Video Platform/Site The Japanese are using for full Videos now???? I'm beginning to wonder if YT will like Magic Happens or Harm.! Rollseyes!!
I did find that TC/That other site had great vids of Very Very Minnie! No clue what platform He's using.....

SweetDuffy101

UMG the one that distributes TDR music, Blocks recent TDR music is one strategy to sell more CDs that are being sold within the park or any cd shops across japan and at a later date would be distributed to All streaming Platforms Spotify Apple Music, etc. and would be unblocked on certain territories at a later date. For now, you can only view recent TDR shows on YT on x2 playback speed.

jrhwdw

UMG the one that distributes TDR music, Blocks recent TDR music is one strategy to sell more CDs that are being sold within the park or any cd shops across japan and at a later date would be distributed to All streaming Platforms Spotify Apple Music, etc. and would be unblocked on certain territories at a later date. For now, you can only view recent TDR shows on YT on x2 playback speed.
Thanks, I guess that makes sense. However you wouldn't think selling CDs would be a problem to the TDR fans......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom