Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

ThemeParkTraveller

Tokyo Disneyland’s next project should be to update the look of fantasyland. It might be the worst looking one in the world.... in a word... cheap.

Agreed. The entire land will feel quite incohesive and jarring when walking from the highly-themed and immersive Beauty and the Beast area to the cheap carnival tends in Fantasyland proper.

ThemeParkTraveller

My guess would be Tomorrowland using the now empty Showbase theater space.

There's about a Galaxy's Edge sized area if they use that and the adjacent parking lot for a new land. Star Wars is still one of the biggest IPs in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's next on the list. They could even incorporate Star Tours at the same time.

jaxonp

Tokyo Disneyland as a whole doesn’t have the fit and finish across the board as TDS. I really hate the painted concrete. This is one of the areas The OLC needs help with upgrading. They are behind here compared to other parks.

ThemeParkTraveller

Tokyo Disneyland as a whole doesn’t have the fit and finish across the board as TDS. I really hate the painted concrete. This is one of the areas The OLC needs help with upgrading. They are behind here compared to other parks.

Hopefully in time, the old painted concrete will be phased out. All of TDL's new lands since opening have had themed pavement.

SappySappy

I wonder what that E-Ticket Peter Pan ride is gonna be like... how will they make it different with Peter Pan's Flight. Also i have a feeling that the ride will share the same technology with the Zootopia ride in Shanghai and maybe that Avengers ride in DCA

jaxonp

I wonder what that E-Ticket Peter Pan ride is gonna be like... how will they make it different with Peter Pan's Flight. Also i have a feeling that the ride will share the same technology with the Zootopia ride in Shanghai and maybe that Avengers ride in DCA

Hasn't the FOP tech been assigned to this?

Timothy_Q

Zootopia is an LPS system like Mickey and Rat

It seems Peter Pan will be something completely different

ThemeParkTraveller

Hasn't the FOP tech been assigned to this?

I think that was just a rumor. At first glance, the show building for Peter Pan seems much bigger than Flight of Passage. The ride description being "Guests board boats and follow the Lost Boys down a river" also doesn't scream simulator to me, but I could be wrong.

SappySappy

I think that was just a rumor. At first glance, the show building for Peter Pan seems much bigger than Flight of Passage. The ride description being "Guests board boats and follow the Lost Boys down a river" also doesn't scream simulator to me, but I could be wrong.
Yeah... guest board boats, and at some point the boats fly... probably it will use Shanghai PoTC ride system, but there is a rumour that the Frozen ride is the one will be using Shanghai PoTC ride system since the show building for the ride is going to be the biggest in the land and another Frozen ride around the world, so the Peter Pan ride could be something new... I just cant wait for Disney to release more concept art for this expansion

SappySappy

Zootopia is an LPS system like Mickey and Rat

It seems Peter Pan will be something completely different
Wait really? Is it confirmed? I thought they said they will be using a new ride system for this... Arent the ride description for Zootopia was like "Board a train to go around Zootopia (just like in the movie) and then something wrong will happen"? Sounds like that Avengers ride in DCA, board Quinjet and something wrong happen in Wakanda... but LPS seems pretty cool too.

Timothy_Q

Wait really? Is it confirmed? I thought they said they will be using a new ride system for this... Arent the ride description for Zootopia was like "Board a train to go around Zootopia (just like in the movie) and then something wrong will happen"? Sounds like that Avengers ride in DCA, board Quinjet and something wrong happen in Wakanda... but LPS seems pretty cool too.
“Something wrong happens” in 90% of all rides lol. That’s not descriptive of any one specific ride system

Jose

This new main turret was added yesterday. Looks like the old one but cleaned. Also, the top isn't like it was before (seems unfinished).
EM3heCKXkAAggQK.jpg

Robbiem

There's about a Galaxy's Edge sized area if they use that and the adjacent parking lot for a new land. Star Wars is still one of the biggest IPs in Japan, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's next on the list. They could even incorporate Star Tours at the same time.

i could see something like this happening- use the showbase as the entrance to a new area in the parking lot to replace the lost parts of tomorrowland. I’d love to see a OLC spec star wars land Especially if they went with the original movies to make it different from the stateside ones but a new expansion of tomorrowland would be fun as well

SappySappy

i could see something like this happening- use the showbase as the entrance to a new area in the parking lot to replace the lost parts of tomorrowland. I’d love to see a OLC spec star wars land Especially if they went with the original movies to make it different from the stateside ones but a new expansion of tomorrowland would be fun as well
Is it this plot of land?
20191229_063122.jpg

Robbiem

Is it this plot of land?
View attachment 437136

that’s it. access from the showbase site to the right of space mountain. If you were building a star wars land you could turn the entrance to star tours to face the land and repurpose some of the queue space in tomorrowland

I suspect over time most of the surface parking will be converted to park and TDR will build multi storey car parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom