Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

RandySavage

Scaffolding starting to come off the B&B castle:

source: https://twitter.com/FA_SM1433

SappySappy

have you guys ever heard rumours about Tokyo Disney Resort getting a third park? Last year i heard something about Tokyo DisneySky and park with old Japan theme, but instead OLC announced Fantasy Springs. Are they originally going to make a third park and then change their mind or is there a problem? I also read somewhere that they are going to build a third park in a new reclamation island, someone in Tokyo somehow found a way to turn trash into an island and the next Disney park will be on top of that island.

mccgavin

have you guys ever heard rumours about Tokyo Disney Resort getting a third park? Last year i heard something about Tokyo DisneySky and park with old Japan theme, but instead OLC announced Fantasy Springs. Are they originally going to make a third park and then change their mind or is there a problem? I also read somewhere that they are going to build a third park in a new reclamation island, someone in Tokyo somehow found a way to turn trash into an island and the next Disney park will be on top of that island.
OLC considered making a third park, but all they had to work with is the land where Fantasy Springs is going to be, which they realized was not enough. I don't believe there are any plans for third park, and even if there were I'm not sure if there is any space for it.

ThemeParkTraveller

If I remember correctly, the government is much stricter now about approving land reclamation projects in Tokyo Bay. OLC probably would not be able to extend the resort in the same way they did for TDS. A third park would have to be built on existing land (probably tearing down all those industrial warehouses southeast of the resort). TDL and TDS will run out of expansion space eventually- possibly even within the next decade- so I imagine a third park has to still be under consideration.

Robbiem

could OLC build a third park somewhere else in japan? A Disneyland in Fukuoka might be a good place, far enough away from tokyo but also close to korea

Or maybe something like Alulani in Okinawa

RandySavage

In certain light it looks like a richer purple. Race/competition is on between the two new disney castles in Asia:
TDL Castle (13).jpg

PiratesMansion

Not construction-related, but it is now possible for ALL guests to book restaurants-including the shows in the Diamond Horseshoe-on the TDR website IN ENGLISH. Previously this was only available to guests staying in the Disney hotels. Apparently this went into effect October 1st.

Perhaps everyone was aware of this before, but I just found out and for me, this is HUGE. If they went so far as to change their reservations to accommodate all English-speaking guests, maybe an English-language app in a US app store isn't such a pipe dream after all!

fradz

Construction was very active during my visit on 20th & 21st. There were also a LOT of bushes in the staging area, that I could see from the monorail.

Last edited:

BrianLo

FORTUNATELY between both the new Beast's Castle and Arrendale, there is a reasonable amount of coverage to redirect them from the generic castle for all Princesses.

Animaniac93-98

Cinderella's Fairy Tale Hall is listed as being closed until April 7th, I assume that's when the castle work will be done.

About 1 week before BatB opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom