Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Timothy_Q

Just recently, Bob Iger and Philippe Gas were in talks with OLC to bring a version of Galaxy's Edge to TDL. There is certainly enough space for it beside Tomorrowland, although the layout would be very different from the DL and DHS version. It would also transition nicely with Star Tours right beside it. How likely this proposal is to be accepted is still up in the air.
A transition from Tokyo's Tomorrowland to Batuu would be incredibly harsh.
There's zero visual connection between the two.

If they do decide to add SW behind Tomorrowland, hopefully it'll be something unique that looks different from Batuu

ThemeParkTraveller

A transition from Tokyo's Tomorrowland to Batuu would be incredibly harsh.
There's zero visual connection between the two.

If they do decide to add SW behind Tomorrowland, hopefully it'll be something unique that looks different from Batuu

Good point. I was thinking more about the thematic connection.

A setting similar to Coruscant would be more fitting for TDL if the land goes through.

ThemeParkTraveller

Is that confirmed that they are removing the theater? I thought they were just changing out shows.

You're right. It's not going away just yet, and there will be a temporary Minnie show being presented in the theater next year. It will likely only be used for seasonal shows going forward until the expansion plans necessitate its removal. The opening of the Fantasyland Forest Theatre next year means a secondary theater like Showbase isn't really needed anymore.

jrhwdw

You're right. It's not going away just yet, and there will be a temporary Minnie show being presented in the theater next year. It will likely only be used for seasonal shows going forward until the expansion plans necessitate its removal. The opening of the Fantasyland Forest Theatre next year means a secondary theater like Showbase isn't really needed anymore.
The only thing is TDR doesn't allow filming in indoor theaters. Like Big Band Beat and now, Song Of Mirage.

WIll Fantasy Forest be different? That will be the main TDL Theatere right? Or will Showbase stil be used for Ambassador Installations and Special Parties?

ThemeParkTraveller

The only thing is TDR doesn't allow filming in indoor theaters. Like Big Band Beat and now, Song Of Mirage.

WIll Fantasy Forest be different? That will be the main TDL Theatere right? Or will Showbase stil be used for Ambassador Installations and Special Parties?

It will be TDL's equivalent of the Broadway Music Theater at TDS, so the rules will likely be the same. Smaller events may still be held at Showbase, as Fantasyland Forest will be used primarily for large-scale productions.

SweetDuffy101

Is this a daytime or nighttime show? Doesn't TDS have 360 viewing for harbor shows already? Granted it doesn't work for Pixar Playtime.

Would be nice if TDS would start a permanent daytime show for the 20th!
Any more rumors on F! ending? When do we think TDR will announce their 2020 Calendar?
1. No mention of it being seasonal or regular,
No mention of it being daytime or nighttime.
2. Fantasmic is still rumored to end on November 2020.
3. Rumor has it The Mt. Prometheus is not just an aesthetic repair, But also the Mountain would be designed to accomodate Projection Mapping on a new Harbor Show.

Animaniac93-98

Top 10 Disney hits in Japan since 2010. Frozen 2 and Lion King are likely to make this list, as will TS4, once its run is done

Frozen $249 million
Alice in Wonderland $133 million
Toy Story 3 $126 million
Beauty and the Beast $110 million
Pirates 4 $108 Million
Star Wars: The Force Awakens $97 million
Aladdin $96 million
Monsters University $90 Million
Big Hero 6 $76 million
Zootopia $70 million

Interesting how most titles on this list already have rides in one of the two parks. GE sounds like it would be a hit, although Star Tours, even with FP, has some of the shortest waits in the park.

If it were up to me, the Tomorrowland expansion would be for GE and then Big Hero 6 would become the replacement for ST. I know BH6 is already getting a ride, but it feels like wasted potential. A full San Fransokyo area would be a dream, but I'm not sure if it would be redundant with real-life Tokyo next door (not that Ratatouille in Paris was a concern).

ThemeParkTraveller

It's too bad Soaring doesn't have a third theater for extra capacity like at Epcot. Fastpasses have been running out within 10 minutes of park opening, and I've seen the standby line stretched as far as the tunnel to Mermaid Lagoon!

Brainleech419

It's too bad Soaring doesn't have a third theater for extra capacity like at Epcot. Fastpasses have been running out within 10 minutes of park opening, and I've seen the standby line stretched as far as the tunnel to Mermaid Lagoon!
Maybe its a factor of going to dca 1.0 a lot as kid but that blows my mind people wait that long for soarin

mickeyfan5534

Christmas 2019 at TDR:

Last year for Colors Of Christmas, Not Christmas Stories...I love Christmas Stories but I'm surprised it's not in it's final year.

It's Christmas Time returns, no surprise there.
Good riddance to it too. This should have ended when they stopped the Holiday Greeting From Seven Ports. Christmas Stories at least needs new music and costumes imo. It's getting stale.

It's Christmas Time! returning is something we all knew was going to happen but I think it's on the same level as Christmas Wishes and Candlelight Reflections so that's perfectly fine with me.

SweetDuffy101

Good riddance to it too. This should have ended when they stopped the Holiday Greeting From Seven Ports. Christmas Stories at least needs new music and costumes imo. It's getting stale.

It's Christmas Time! returning is something we all knew was going to happen but I think it's on the same level as Christmas Wishes and Candlelight Reflections so that's perfectly fine with me.
Well, Its the same old thing from last year nothing to see this christmas besides the 15 meter tree with projection mapping simce Disneyland can’t have a projection show cause the entire castle will be under wraps Til April 07,2020.

Since Easter and and Christmas parades are being sponsored It can’t be touched, and surprise surprise its the longest Christmas Parade at Tokyo Disneyland right now.

Thats one of the indications that Fantasmic is ending next year with the End of Colors of Christmas.

Candlelight reflections had a decent tree and it had characters with a Great Score “Welcome to Christmas”.

mickeyfan5534

Well, Its the same old thing from last year nothing to see this christmas besides the 15 meter tree with projection mapping simce Disneyland can’t have a projection show cause the entire castle will be under wraps Til April 07,2020.
Nothing wrong with that. I think it's still in the upper echelons of the Disney Christmas events alongside Paris. Also to note is that Hello, New York is doing a Christmas version.

Thats one of the indications that Fantasmic is ending next year with the End of Colors of Christmas.

Candlelight reflections had a decent tree and it had characters with a Great Score “Welcome to Christmas”.
Candlelight Reflections is one of those things I wish I could have experienced in person. It's such a peaceful and beautiful little piece and there was a really understated elegance to the entire Harborside Christmas event that paired with the joyful and spectacular Christmas Fantasy at Disneyland really well.

jrhwdw

Nothing wrong with that. I think it's still in the upper echelons of the Disney Christmas events alongside Paris. Also to note is that Hello, New York is doing a Christmas version.

Candlelight Reflections is one of those things I wish I could have experienced in person. It's such a peaceful and beautiful little piece and there was a really understated elegance to the entire Harborside Christmas event that paired with the joyful and spectacular Christmas Fantasy at Disneyland really well.
I missed Hello New York! Thanks!

Any chance TDL will get a Castle Projection Spectacular back in spring or fall 2020? I'm guessing 1 wouldn't run in summer if Donald's Hot Jungle Summer returns next year?

mickeyfan5534

Any chance TDL will get a Castle Projection Spectacular back in spring or fall 2020? I'm guessing 1 wouldn't run in summer if Donald's Hot Jungle Summer returns next year?
No clue but I can possibly see it happening. And I can see them being smart enough to make a version that can run with a Castle Stage up. They did use projection mapping for Donald's Hot Jungle Summer after all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom