Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

Timothy_Q

While I’m mostly on board with the expansion, I can’t help but feel like Peter Pan is slightly misplaced alongside the two princess films. I’d have maybe liked to see them use Sleeping Beauty or Brave instead. Especially with Peter Pan at home across the street in Disneyland anyways.
Neverland is an island, with the main story elements being on water (Captain Hook's ship, pirates, mermaids)
Corona is an island, with the most iconic scene on a boat (which sounds like the focus of the boat ride)
Arandelle is a waterfront kingdom, also with ships present, and the whole story focusing on ice and snow

Brave and Sleeping Beauty have basically no connection to water.
They should be featured in Fantasyland instead

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

Neverland is an island, with the main story elements being on water (Captain Hook's ship, pirates, mermaids)
Corona is an island, with the most iconic scene on a boat (which sounds like the focus of the boat ride)
Arandelle is a waterfront kingdom, also with ships present, and the whole story focusing on ice and snow

Brave and Sleeping Beauty have basically no connection to water.
They should be featured in Fantasyland instead

I’d argue Sleeping Beauty has a loose connection to the water with the scenes in the forest (I think one of the most iconic shots in that movie is Aurora and Philip dancing and reflected in the water) but I’ll certainly give you that.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
One wonders if Famtasy Springs has expansion pads built in. DisneySea is just begging for a Moana attraction. I think a Pinocchio flume where you come face to face with Monstro could fit well too.

It’s a very broad concept for a land, so I hope it’s not landlocked by the hotel.

RandySavage

^I doubt there are expansion pads worked into this current development. I'm curious to see just how they puzzle together everything they've listed into this awkwardly shaped area (long, but narrow). The Birdseye Key Art makes the land look much wider than the actual space would allow (if you imagine showbuildings behind those mountains). Add to that two (smallish) bodies of water (Peter Pan lagoon and Frozen lagoon) that eat up already limited space.

I suppose there's the possibility of re-routing the Resort Line monorail one day to take advantage of the parking lots beyond it.

And will the Carpets be removed...

BrianLo

While I’m mostly on board with the expansion, I can’t help but feel like Peter Pan is slightly misplaced alongside the two princess films. I’d have maybe liked to see them use Sleeping Beauty or Brave instead. Especially with Peter Pan at home across the street in Disneyland anyways.

Realistically, Moana is the second most logical TDS princess franchise next to Mermaid.

BrianLo

One wonders if Famtasy Springs has expansion pads built in. DisneySea is just begging for a Moana attraction. I think a Pinocchio flume where you come face to face with Monstro could fit well too.

It’s a very broad concept for a land, so I hope it’s not landlocked by the hotel.

Probably not, but I guess technically the monorail/road could (and probably should) be rerouted when they decide to use the last residual true pad. If that’s the case then yes a show building could be tacked onto Fantasy spring.

6F83B629-E821-49A3-AA1E-E32848BA08F4.jpeg

Timothy_Q

I'm curious to see just how they puzzle together everything they've listed into this awkwardly shaped area (long, but narrow). The Birdseye Key Art makes the land look much wider than the actual space would allow (if you imagine showbuildings behind those mountains). Add to that two (smallish) bodies of water (Peter Pan lagoon and Frozen lagoon) that eat up already limited space.
Awkwardly shaped area? Limited space?
You must be talking about something else

This land is a giant rectangle. There's basically no limitations
It's 32 acres (Galaxy's Edge is 14)

There's nothing narrow or limited about it
It's the size of the entire WDSP park

Robbiem

Also worth considering if they'd scrap Pan AND Snow White and put one bigger ride in the space.

Not that I'd want to loose Snow White, but I could see them doing it.

I could see this happening- with Pan in Disneysea combine the two and make a new bigger ride. Id love to see a larger snow white, a TDL take on Alice or maybe something completely different like a sleeping beauty ride

ThemeParkTraveller

Looking at Google Maps, removing Peter Pan and Snow White from Fantasyland (along with connecting shops and restaurants) would free up a space approximately the size of Pooh's Hunny Hunt (queue and show building). More if Dumbo is relocated.

BrianLo

Awkwardly shaped area? Limited space?
You must be talking about something else

This land is a giant rectangle. There's basically no limitations
It's 32 acres (Galaxy's Edge is 14)

There's nothing narrow or limited about it
It's the size of the entire WDSP park

Agreed...

Arabian Coast for scale. It's a huge plot of land they've outlined.

What I assume we'll actually see is the third true show building extending back behind Beauty and the Beast and the hotel largely occupying the Bay Station surroundings.

100% I anticipate two E-tickets will flank either side as you enter the land with plenty of visual space in between

BrianLo

We'll see how this compares years from now... but best I can gather based on everything we've seen.

The Red by Arabian coast is basically where the new fountains concept art takes place.

All the purple are the guest pathways, I didn't both putting in all the water features, but they occupy a huge chunk of blank space in front of the hotel.

I assume we'll get a Snuggly duckling tucked back in there I labeled Food and Beverage. The Pan restaurant looks like it occupies the lake, whereas the Tinkerbelle flat is closer to the hotel.

Also note the sheer size of space for show buildings relative to the new Beauty and the Beast attraction or Sindbad.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

@BrianLo

That is approximately the layout I'm expecting as well. The only change I would make is adjusting some of the show buildings. In order of size, it should be Frozen > Peter Pan (same size as Beauty and the Beast) > Tangled. Although Tangled does seem to have an outdoors section, so I'm not sure whether that factors into the show building size (it would otherwise be about the size of Frozen Ever After).

The exact area of the construction site is 137,907 square meters, which is slightly bigger than the red plot highlighted by OLC in their recent press release (I measured it as approximately 125,000 square meters). I'm guessing everything within the red border is the area that appears on the park maps (guest accessible areas and ride show buildings), and all the extra is backstage facilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom