Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
First off, I found this concept art for the recently announced new entry gates for TDL. Goodbye 80's nostalgia! Buzz is that the turnstiles are leaving too for more modern entry technology. Accompanying this will be a new parking garage in the Disneyland parking lot.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.50.24 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.50.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 6.50.24 PM.png
    976.5 KB · Views: 226

Robbiem

Perhaps it will be an upper level restaurant with views of the park? Almost all of the park is ground level so having some elevation would be a nice addition

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
I'm stumped about that upper level of the Minnie walk thru/Belle Village facades. My best guess that it is kitchen/break area/costuming space/storage or space for elaborate Minnie walk thru/show.

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
it's a small world opened after it's cosmetic changes.

15F0BDDB-E32F-4D0F-9D85-3AA09CCDFCAE-1200x675.jpg

379FD9EB-9D8F-4B11-B8B3-5D8E52393999-1200x900.jpg
5195DE72-CC9E-4A54-B6DB-759407683C00-1200x675.jpg
FB0A1F17-CC5A-4C74-B3F1-60612D09A676-1200x900.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.25.11 AM.png
B3241F74-5B78-4094-87C2-32B016BF1E37-1200x900.jpg

I think it looks nice. I'd rather things be different between the parks. It looks a lot more intimate and finished than what was there before. Nostalgia aside, I think it's an improvement.

It also looks like they shrank the size of the load space, allowing room for new scenes in the first and last turns of the ride. Surely there are videos...

The_Mesh_Hatter

Original Poster
This is a far more radical refurb than what the stateside parks got in their copies.

According to OLC's plan, Pirates of the Caribbean is the next TDL E tickets to be updated. It will be interesting to see how that goes. I'd a imagine the best way to be happy with what happens is by preparing to lose the original's nostalgia.

ThemeParkTraveller

This is a far more radical refurb than what the stateside parks got in their copies.

According to OLC's plan, Pirates of the Caribbean is the next TDL E tickets to be updated. It will be interesting to see how that goes. I'd a imagine the best way to be happy with what happens is by preparing to lose the original's nostalgia.

Do you have the list of attractions that OLC have planned for extensive refurbishment/updates?

mharrington

Does this mean that their auction scene is going to be altered, too? I hope so. If not with food and objects and RUM, as in the States, then maybe something akin to what happened in Paris.

the.dreamfinder

Do you have the list of attractions that OLC have planned for extensive refurbishment/updates?
Closures here.

FWIW, their pirates doesn’t have any of the other PC changes made to the other versions so it’s unlikely. The refurb is only three weeks, WDW PotC was down for a couple months.

NipTuck23

There doesn't seem to be any threads dedicated to the massive expansion underway at Tokyo Disney, so I figured I'd begin one. The English forums don't really discuss much beyond big announcements, but there's certainly a lot of interesting things to discuss if you know where to look.
PLEASE DONT HATE ME!!! I just joined and I don’t know how this works. I’m planning to go to Disney Tokyo for my daughters 5th birthday 12/31/18 and I need as much information as possible. Where do I start? Is it a good idea? I have anxiety...I’m overwhelmed reading all this stuff 🤯
Thank you in advance

BrianLo

PLEASE DONT HATE ME!!! I just joined and I don’t know how this works. I’m planning to go to Disney Tokyo for my daughters 5th birthday 12/31/18 and I need as much information as possible. Where do I start? Is it a good idea? I have anxiety...I’m overwhelmed reading all this stuff 🤯
Thank you in advance

There are a few good websites out there with lots of trip planning advice. This thread is dedicated to the Expansion plans, there are other threads with more information like you seek.

Since you are going over New Years this is a good resource on what was needed to attend last year.

https://tdrexplorer.com/new-years-tickets-tokyo-disney/

Is it a good idea? Maybe not if you are already having baseline anxiety, it's not exactly going to be a low crowd time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom