Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

SplashJacket

I assume that’s for the Beauty and the Beast show building.
DC1B33F4-49F2-4692-A226-6C71C8D718B0.jpeg

Completely different spot.

Supersnow84

Honest question, was it a wise move to make this an extension to TDS

They could have added maybe 1.5 more lands to the fantasy springs and it would be a legit third gate

I know that Tokyo doesn’t really have a penchant for long extended stays but it seems strange from a business perspective to add a park sized expansion to the park that everyone agrees is already the best and doesn’t really need anything new

jaxonp

Honest question, was it a wise move to make this an extension to TDS

They could have added maybe 1.5 more lands to the fantasy springs and it would be a legit third gate

I know that Tokyo doesn’t really have a penchant for long extended stays but it seems strange from a business perspective to add a park sized expansion to the park that everyone agrees is already the best and doesn’t really need anything new

I disagree, TDS needs something. Soarin is a huge hit but it isn’t a game changer. This will allow them to add more capacity to the park in a big way rather than staff an additional park with redundant services. What I’m more surprised is that they haven’t found or announced a way to connect the two parks from back with this extension… unless they did and I missed it lolz

Supersnow84

I disagree, TDS needs something. Soarin is a huge hit but it isn’t a game changer. This will allow them to add more capacity to the park in a big way rather than staff an additional park with redundant services. What I’m more surprised is that they haven’t found or announced a way to connect the two parks from back with this extension… unless they did and I missed it lolz
TDS could maybe use another ride or two fair but its capacity also comes from its size and high throughput, I can understand your point on making it a third gate forcing creation of redundant services

I would love it to be a transitory area between the two parks (since you can’t really walk from the main entrance of the two parks) but that would require ticket gates at each entrance (like universal does with the hogwarts express) which I’m assuming to OLC would be considered excessively land breaking

Robbiem

I don't know about now but pre COVID park hopping was restricted to later days on a multiple pass. If it's the same now it could be awkward trying to inforce the rules. I agree though that a connection would make sense. It will also be interested to see if partner hotel guests will be able to access TDS via Fantasy Springs or if they will still need to take the monorail to the main entrance?

Supersnow84

I don't know about now but pre COVID park hopping was restricted to later days on a multiple pass. If it's the same now it could be awkward trying to inforce the rules. I agree though that a connection would make sense. It will also be interested to see if partner hotel guests will be able to access TDS via Fantasy Springs or if they will still need to take the monorail to the main entrance?
I think they should offer Partner hotel guests the option to enter from fantasy springs hotel

It would make the flow around the resort much nicer since the resort is so unwalkable and you need the monorail to do just about anything

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom