Tokyo Disneyland Resort Expansion

thrillseeker

1634681167918.png
1634681139047.png

SOURCE: daveemeryvfx.com

J4546

is there anything in that massive rock with all the waterfalls? I know its the backside of the frozen village area, but that would be cool if there was a walkthrough

eddie104

cookiee_munster

is there anything in that massive rock with all the waterfalls? I know its the backside of the frozen village area, but that would be cool if there was a walkthrough
It'd be a shame if there wasn't. Seems like a perfect area to put something like the dragon that's under the castle in disneyland paris in there...

EDIT - also, there looks to be stepped areas and little pockets of areas where it'd be easy to stick some costumed characters in and interact with guests.

SweetDuffy101

Saturday and The Tokyo Disney Resort app has been down since morning, Major attractions are all in standby and the park has eased capacity restrictions, and for the first time ever Beauty and the beast only available at standby since the apps is down, The Line is now covering the parade route with increased capacity and attractions having no fastpass nor standby pass, Imagine paying a full day ticket and queuing whole day for a ride, And thats not all Disneysea is having the same issues, Major rides either down or only available at standby queue. Very reminiscent of Tokyo Disney Resort pre pandemic capacity.

SweetDuffy101

additional note) From november 22 all indoor shows seating will now be at full capacity and shows playing at 5-6 times a day max for theater shows.

RandySavage

I still have high expectations for this land (when you're looking away from the hotel), but one has to call a spade a spade. Sadly, my worst fears about the design & execution of the hotel are coming to fruition:

Finished (nearly) section of monorail-facing side of the new hotel (from themeparx):
FGeh-ppVUAANkec.jpg

FGeh-psVgAEURl1.jpg

This is Barbie Toyset-level design blown up to modern hotel size.

By contrast, a finished section of the monorail-facing side of the MiraCosta (oh, Ahmad Jafari, WDI Architect, how you are missed!):
A (8823)b.jpg

Animaniac93-98

I still have high expectations for this land (when you're looking away from the hotel), but one has to call a spade a spade. Sadly, my worst fears about the design & execution of the hotel are coming to fruition:

Finished (nearly) section of monorail-facing side of the new hotel (from themeparx):
View attachment 607780
View attachment 607781

By contrast, a finished section of the monorail-facing side of the MiraCosta (oh, Ahmad Jafari, WDI Architect, how you are missed!):
View attachment 607782

New hotel is giving me Riviera vibes (which is not a good thing).

Between this and Toy Story, Tokyo should give up building new hotels.

ParkPeeker

View attachment 607780
View attachment 607781

View attachment 607782
This isn’t a good comparison, the “monorail-facing side” of the new hotel seems to be a backstage area, meaning no one outside the monorail should be able to see that

now the “monorail-facing side” of the Mira costa is literally the same side that is shown at the entrance. Outside of the monorail, everyone will see that, it absolutely needs to be that detailed.
B83A393E-F7B5-434A-AAB4-F997B86F0352.jpeg

10192D32-8841-483B-96BA-AF4BB9C6B483.jpeg

here is where I think the pic was taken, highlighted in red is the monorail and the arrow represents the POV of the camera that was zoomed in to take a pick of the Mira costa
A160062E-6A18-44BC-8125-697766DB5181.jpeg

Notice how below the arrow is the north park side entrance. That view is so detailed cause outside of the monorail, everyone will see it.

now you may say resources should be put into something that can only be seen on the monorail. Well here’s the “monorail facing side” of lost river delta. They haven’t done it here
901BBCE4-3F69-40B8-8CFB-CE30B89616DA.jpeg

And in this following aerial you can see it again, much less effort prettying up the monorail facing side
76564ED0-832B-4B4D-A0E3-CE2FD74CBF5F.jpeg

vs how it looks in park
F306871D-6820-4D0D-A9C3-8D1B25C47C00.jpeg

So yea, I don’t think that side of the hotel is supposed to be seen outside of your monorail ride. Whilst the Mira costa picture provided is 100 percent seen right at the entrance

RandySavage

^I will grant you that what is seen in the photos I posted are not the "Money Views" of the hotel - and as such they look particularly bad because of the blank walls - BUT this nearly-finished exterior treatment (towers, spires, windows, swirlies, material/surface texture and general level of detail) that will be seen throughout the hotel's entire design & execution. I.e., this pre-modern structure will probably have zero chimneys, a major indicator of a clueless or very cheap design team.

For me, when I see pics/video of the FS hotel under construction & unveiled, the feelings that come to mind are not good ones: modern/cheap/plastic/gaudy/childish (particularly when compared to the park's other themed architectural berm/hotel, the brilliant Mira Costa).

The turrets & spires in the pics make me think a ex-Mattel toy designer watched a couple of Disney Fairytale cartoons, then grafted some turrets and a dome onto a modern hotel design based on the vague memory of what he saw as "fairytale elements".

For a park the quality of TDS, an actual European Fairytale Castle in all its grandiose details, something like Schwerin Palace, should have served as the stepping off point for the designers - something romanticized yet believable as a backdrop to a highly-themed land (as Mira Costa is).
26111643423_0cd4233a80_k.jpg

29168797303_3ef02641ff_k.jpg

I hope I am very wrong about the finished product.

RandySavage

New hotel is giving me Riviera vibes (which is not a good thing).

Between this and Toy Story, Tokyo should give up building new hotels.
Yes. Riviera is another one that could have been a great building if the right hands (design & executive leadership) were involved, but like my analogy above, Riviera feels like a typical modern marriott with some quarter-arsed "french beux-arts" elements ineptly tacked on. I pray the designers/outside architects for FS Hotel aren't the same below-mid that brought the Riviera into being.

Disney should stop building hotels altogether (two bullets temporarily dodged when the Anaheim DVC and Reflections got shelved) until the shiny-headed philistine leader, his predecesor and their awful taint have been completely purged from this formerly great hotel-builder.

SweetDuffy101

Dont Visit Tokyo Disneyland from September 5 onwards 2022
Enchanted tales refurbishment Sept 05-10
Space Mountain Refurbishment Aug 22-Nov19
Haunted Mansion Refurbishment Aug 21-Sept14👈🏻Holiday Nightmare installation
Pirates Of Caribbean Refurbishment Sept 05-March 31, 2023. 👈🏻 Major refurb

Mickeys Philharmagic (Coco scene?) July 04-Sept 13:

Robbiem

Dont Visit Tokyo Disneyland from September 5 onwards 2022
Enchanted tales refurbishment Sept 05-10
Space Mountain Refurbishment Aug 22-Nov19
Haunted Mansion Refurbishment Aug 21-Sept14👈🏻Holiday Nightmare installation
Pirates Of Caribbean Refurbishment Sept 05-March 31, 2023. 👈🏻 Major refurb

Mickeys Philharmagic (Coco scene?) July 04-Sept 13:
I hope the pirates refurb isn’t to change the ride to make it more PC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom