Tokyo Disneyland Electrical Parade Dreamlights 2017 Renewal

Ag11gani

New Floats
https://mobile.twitter.com/tdrexplorer/status/884369358507716609
My first impressions from those pictures. The Frozen float is very nice although I think I prefer the PTN frozen float, using an actual costumed Olaf I think would help.
Cinderella, not what I was expecting, while I love the float I think romoving the dress change was a big mistake as it was quite impressive. And from the picture of second Cinderella float I think, from what I can see, it looks amazing better than the last one.
Finally BatB, it's quite simple but it works and IMO the float looks stunning.

brb1006

New Floats
https://mobile.twitter.com/tdrexplorer/status/884369358507716609
My first impressions from those pictures. The Frozen float is very nice although I think I prefer the PTN frozen float, using an actual costumed Olaf I think would help.
Cinderella, not what I was expecting, while I love the float I think romoving the dress change was a big mistake as it was quite impressive. And from the picture of second Cinderella float I think, from what I can see, it looks amazing better than the last one.
Finally BatB, it's quite simple but it works and IMO the float looks stunning.
Looking forward to seeing the floats in action.

brb1006

DEXpPWpXoAAn7yg
DEXpPl4XkAE-ODH
DEXpPnSXsAEoy8o
DEXpPWvXkAEP8ZT

Ag11gani

Here is the Full Video.

Feels weird seeing the fairies so early on and no Snow White. Looks like they also removed the Monsters Inc floats which I don't believe was previously mentioned. The parade has changed so much since it debut, which is mostly a good thing.

SweetDuffy101

there are only 3 floats that are left un changed , Drum Alice and Unisys. this parade should be called Dreamlights 2.0. almost 80% of the floats has been changed.

TTA94

Wonder if we will get a Christmas version release again this year. They should just include it on the regular album.

mickeyfan5534

just watched a video last night of the updates. I wonder why the "Fly To Your Heart" vocals were removed?
The parade progresses from a synthetic MSEP style to a more modern orchestral style. The vocals only come in for the last few floats. It starts at either Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast with the update, I can't remember off the top of my head. So Tink going to where Snow White was means a synthesized loop had to be made.

spectrodanny

The parade progresses from a synthetic MSEP style to a more modern orchestral style. The vocals only come in for the last few floats. It starts at either Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast with the update, I can't remember off the top of my head. So Tink going to where Snow White was means a synthesized loop had to be made.
ah so THAT's why they did that. it all makes sense now.

spectrodanny

Here's the 2017 Xmas soundtrack: btw does anyone know if JCB had a cardholder night this month like they've had in years past where they do Dreamlights with that impressive showstop in front of the castle?

brb1006

Does anyone recognize that Christmas song heard during the Beauty and the Beast section that goes "As long as it's Christmas"?

TTA94

Looks like Alice got a new float along with a new sponsor float.

Interesting. I like the color changing effects of the butterflies on the sponsor float.

It is cool that TDL keeps updating Dreamlights but they should try and change the theme from the “Electrical Parade” to something different and change the music. Technically they could fairly easily do this by only changing out the opening units. I’m assuming Casey Jr is next to be updated.

Last edited:

spectrodanny

Interesting. I like the color changing effects of the butterflies on the sponsor float.

It is cool that TDL keeps updating Dreamlights but they should try and change the theme from the “Electrical Parade” to something different and change the music. Technically they could fairly easily do this by only changing out the opening units. I’m assuming Casey Jr is next to be updated.
if my memory is correct, of all the floats that have been in Dreamlights since 2001, the train & druum are the only float left that hasn't been updated in some way?

spectrodanny

Does TDL still have Disney/JCB card holder nights? feels like it's beenm a couple years since they've done that special Christmas performance of Dreamlights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom