News Tokyo Disneyland Closed

Mav

That's positive, still have my trip booked for September, however quite doubtful, and may end up pushing it back to Feb 2021. Is Disney Tokyo nice to visit in February? Weather, crowds, etc...

I was there around the 23rd of 24th of February last year for DisneySea. The place was packed even though it was a normal weekday.
A cast member came to us when we were queueing for tickets with a sign in English stating that they antipicated very high crowds that day.
Temperature wasn't too bad, somewhere near 50°F.

Brummyboy92

O that's good news. I was becoming quite confused why every single resort was reopening before Tokyo, despite Japan having the lowest rate of infection/deaths.

Unsure if my September trip is on yet, will wait until August before I make any hasty decisions. On one hand I feel silly moving my entire Japan trip, so that I can fit in Disney, but on the other hand I probably won't come back for a long time, so I want to make sure I get to go.

HongKongFooy

"""Masks are required but you are allowed to take them off outdoors if there is proper distance between you and others""""

Thank you......this is why I go to Tokyo Disney: they do it better there.

SweetDuffy101

No. No opening date for the FL expansion yet.

Incidentally, the ticket reservation seems to have been a nightmare so far. Three and a half hours past when ticket sales were supposed to reopen and the site is still down.
its always been like that from any other lottery they've done or Online store or the Vacation Packages reservation site Always been that way im not even surprised

HongKongFooy

Any generalized cultural predictions out there:
Are Japanese highly fearful and respectful of virus and thus super disinclined to go to Disney when it reopens...........or will they show up in overwhelming droves like they always have been doing.

BasiltheBatLord

Any generalized cultural predictions out there:
Are Japanese highly fearful and respectful of virus and thus super disinclined to go to Disney when it reopens...........or will they show up in overwhelming droves like they always have been doing.
Both of those things are true simultaneously.

I wouldn't say Japanese are "fearful" of the virus though. Just that they have been taking most of the right precautions so far (although those precautions, like mask wearing, are generally things that Japanese people have already been used to doing for years)

Btw we're on hour 6 now and I still haven't gotten anywhere close to getting a ticket.

SweetDuffy101

Princess and the Frog bombed in Japan and I don't think Tiana is even in the Princess float of Dreaming Up?
Well Tokyo Disney Resort kinda have a bad track record for black characters Disney fairies and Princess and the frog, They have been criticized in the past of not having Black characters within the parks, And I hope the trend changes soon.

Though Disney Fairies was a special case cause they had an event at Tokyo DisneySea for a few years.

SweetDuffy101

In not so breaking news is that OLC said in an interview that They are looking at options for Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland,

And from todays Shareholders meeting Toy Story MANIA at Tokyo DisneySea Might get an update but they will announce the details on future date.

SweetDuffy101

Can you provide source?

Its in Japanese sorry.

BasiltheBatLord

Its in Japanese sorry.
Thanks.

If I'm translating that correctly it seems like "We're considering how to respond in Japan"

Seems more non-committal. Hopefully it stays that way.

Brummyboy92

I would rather Japan stick to there guns and keep Splash how it is. It would be a good example of having the same ride system, but completely different themes, which I would like to see more of globally, as Disney keep insisting on a copy and paste job.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom