Tokyo Disney SKY (New Park VERY Likely!)

Shigg. W. McGee

according to sites that shall not be named this park would be anchored by SWGE and Pandora
Judging by the layout of the site, I expect SWGE to have a different layout than in the American parks (If this is true at all). The other site also states that DisneySky will have IP-centric lands based on Disney, Pixar, and Marvel properties.

IMDREW

It's weird, cause they say they want it to be super original so tourist from all over the world will come to see it like Disney Sea, yet they're talking about lands like Pandora and SWGE which already exist in other parks?

Stevie Amsterdam

It's weird, cause they say they want it to be super original so tourist from all over the world will come to see it like Disney Sea, yet they're talking about lands like Pandora and SWGE which already exist in other parks?
Well to be fair, only the parks in the US. Nowhere in Europe or Asia is there SWGE let alone Pandora.

jaxonp

I could see them wanting pandora and also expanding on what was done at AK. But before all of that, the land site proposed looks way too small for a park.

Robbiem

The site doesn’t look ideal for a new park layout unless they buy and demo some of the hotel plaza to make it less thin and narrow. I still think its more likely we would see expansion at the existing parks maybe adding galaxy edge next to tomorrowland in Disneyland and Pandora behind lost river delta in Disneysea but stranger things have happened

jaxonp

I imagine they would buy up land in the area to make a 3rd gate. They don't seem too concerned with people being able to walk to one over the other. They'd just simply build another monorail most likely. OLC seems to be wiling to spend the $$$$$ when TWDC isn't.

GiveMeTheMusic

I do not believe this particular parcel of land is for a third gate, but rather for expansions of the existing parks. I think a third gate would require more reclaimed land, or buying up some of the land around the resort.

That all said, I LOVE the idea of there being a Disneyland, DisneySea and DisneySky in Tokyo. Amazing.

peep

I agree that the parcel of land suggested will not be good enough for a new park. It would be a very strange layout if true. However....

I LOVE the idea of there being a Disneyland, DisneySea and DisneySky in Tokyo.

This! That would be so cool and a great way to expand the Resort.

TDLFan

I'm no engineer or have any idea how this stuff is planned, however, I only see three possibilities where this park could go. IF they managed to purchase ALL of the good neighbor hotels in the hotel plaza strip, then I could see a nice sized third gate in that plot of land. The monorail would require a re route. As previously mentioned, this plot would be much better suited for park expansion. Second option would be the plot of land that sits to the South East of the resort. This area is a shipping area and is home to several businesses which again, would require a buyout. The Tokyo Disney Sea monorail station could then serve as an entrance to both parks. Third would be to reclaim land due South of Disney Sea. It's the only place you could do it without effecting port traffic. They couldn't reclaim the land West, because it would effect the inlet. Again, I know nothing, but I'd put money on one of these three.

Brummyboy92

Fantastic idea, really looking foward to what may come from this. We could have an UP themed house as the parks centerpeice. :)

Bit concerned by the peice of land earmarked for this development though. Dependng upon where the entrance is, could mean you'd have to walk through each land to get from one end to the other. Plus, this would surely leave very little room for the larger show buildings?

Exciting either way, and I'm confident that if this is true, Tokyo will do it right. Surely Star Wars & Avatar won't be the only IP's in the park though? Peter Pan, Dumbo, Planes? Arguably Coco at a push, as it could be themed in a similar way to Pandora?

BrianLo

Please don't give Bob Chapek any ideas

How 'bout South America... Pretty please?

UP-1024x596.jpg

We all know WDI is obsessed with rock work facades.

kthomas105

I read an article the other day that stated the park may be going vertical to solve the issues of space. This would be extremely expensive and would probably limit future expansion and construction but if the parking lot is indeed where the 3rd gate is to go what other options do they have? If I can find the article I’ll post it.

kthomas105

I read an article the other day that stated the park may be going vertical to solve the issues of space. This would be extremely expensive and would probably limit future expansion and construction but if the parking lot is indeed where the 3rd gate is to go what other options do they have? If I can find the article I’ll post it.
Here is the article it was by travel and leisure
https://apple.news/AcoOknFHdRiG8xoUvBZls2w

amjt660

Premium Member
They are getting destroyed by Universal Osaka/Harry Potter land (since that is the only Harry Potter in Asia), so they need something else that they will have only in Asia to draw people away from Disney China and Hong Kong.
Do you have numbers to back this up
Destroyed ?
I have been to the parks twice - last time in 2016 and it was crazy busy at both
I have not been to USO yet

I know Uni is busy but I doubt TDL is hurting

Max

BrianLo

They are getting destroyed by Universal Osaka/Harry Potter land (since that is the only Harry Potter in Asia), so they need something else that they will have only in Asia to draw people away from Disney China and Hong Kong.

This is factually incorrect. OLC actually publishes attendance records and has hovered around historic 30million guests between their two parks. Despite having opened very little in nearly a decade. Attendance held the course even with Harry Potter and Shanghai Disneyland.

USJ has experienced massive attendance gains, but they have also more steadily invested. That doesn't equate to destroying, it equates to playing catch up.

BrianLo

There it is. Destroyed. If you understood USJ at all, you would know that it was a lame park that nobody really cared about till Harry Potter came in. But now it's a monster with phenomenal growth.

This decade both USJ and Tokyo Disney resort have grown by about 6 million in annual attendance. That would be something called a tie. I do understand USJ and I forgive you for being accusative as I'm sure many posters have never been, but I certainly have. While it was still a lame Harry Potterless park no less.

What I do not believe is that Tokyo Disney Resort actually earned that 6 million growth, whereas USJ heavily invested and the growth was organic and not built on the back of anniversaries, Frozen and Duffy. So sure USJ was destroying for capital investment only, but that's not what you meant.

Nowadays USJ are slowly stripping asphalt whereas TDR is erecting their expansions, so I'm a little less grouchy comparing the two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom