Tokyo Disney Resort Dining

jaxonp

Original Poster
Hello,

We are choosing our restaurants for our upcoming visit. We have Magellans nailed down but after that we are lost. Is Oceano a good choice for a buffet? Where else would you recommend between the two parks and the hotels?

GiveMeTheMusic

Oceano is very nice, but if you have limited park time, I personally wouldn't recommend spending time eating at the hotels, even MiraCosta. How many days do you have in the parks?

GiveMeTheMusic

I wouldn't recommend visiting any hotel restaurants unless you're using Oceano to see a lagoon show at TDS you'd otherwise be watching from inside the park. You'll want every minute you can have in TDS especially, so I wouldn't plan on doing much table service dining beyond Magellan's, which is extraordinary.

TDL has excellent counter service options - Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall (a must-visit), Woodchucks, Grandma Sara's Kitchen. TDS isn't as strong with counter service, but the snack game in TDS is unbeatable. While the dining room on the Columbia should be skipped, the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge is a must-visit.

jaxonp

Original Poster
Thanks for all you’re help. I’m looking forward to trying all the snacks myself. The problem is one other in my party is gluetin free. Much of what I’ve seen snack wise looks delicious and full of gluetin. That’s why the buffets came into the question.

GiveMeTheMusic

Thanks for all you’re help. I’m looking forward to trying all the snacks myself. The problem is one other in my party is gluetin free. Much of what I’ve seen snack wise looks delicious and full of gluetin. That’s why the buffets came into the question.

Yeah, that's going to be a challenge. I'd look over their allergen menus here to see which restaurants offer dedicated gluten-free dishes as that might help with planning:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/bfree/allergenmenu.html#bfree-tdl
http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/bfree/allergenmenu.html#bfree-tds

Animaniac93-98

TDL has excellent counter service options - Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall (a must-visit), Woodchucks, Grandma Sara's Kitchen. TDS isn't as strong with counter service, but the snack game in TDS is unbeatable. While the dining room on the Columbia should be skipped, the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge is a must-visit.

I'm thinking about going to Blue Bayou. Is it better than the one in California, or the same menu?

jaxonp

Original Poster
Yea we don’t want to make the trip about food but also don’t want to miss out on must hit venues like Magellans. We briefly thought about blue bayou but having been completely underwhelmed by the original we decided if we do TS at TDS will try something different like Hokusai.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom