Tokyo Disney Resort 35th Anniversary: Happiest Celebration

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
You’re not a fan of Happiness is Here, Festival of Fantasy, Soundsational, Paint the Night? It seems kind of extreme to call Davison a hack when his track record is so stellar.
When Davison is on, he's on. But long gone are the days when everything he created was unique and different. Happiness is Here and Festival of Fantasy are indeed some of my favorite parades, but this is also the man who's most recent works are Disney Illuminations and Ignite the Dream. I don't have high expectations.

Ag11gani

A hack? He composed this parade for crying out loud!

Unpopular opinion but I really don't like HIH. It was so hyped to me that when I saw it I was disappointed. The floats look plastic and cheap (they obviously aren't but they look it) and some of the costumes are plain bizarre. The music though is great and I listen to it almost daily.

SweetDuffy101

Unpopular opinion but I really don't like HIH. It was so hyped to me that when I saw it I was disappointed. The floats look plastic and cheap (they obviously aren't but they look it) and some of the costumes are plain bizarre. The music though is great and I listen to it almost daily.
I agree with you, One of my Favorite TDL parade of all time is Jubilation, Jubilation Just set the bar for disney parades and I still miss the Fantasia Float almost 12 meters long with Pooh, Splash Mountain and Pochahontas. Happiness is here came and i was a bit disappointed maybe the designed perspective of the floats were kinda small well except for the finale balloon unit. and HIH was kinda like a Soundsational parade 2.0 with 2D cutouts on some floats, But the music is great especially the aristocats unit.

But hey,atleast the budget for Dreaming UP! has been doubled from 150 million to 250 million. We can expect some technology in here.or mayeb surprises in D23 Expo Japan in February. and the Sneak peek for the new parade and preview nights starts on April 10 through april 14, 2017. With a grand debut on the 15th.

And on the 15th Expect a Grand Anniversary ceremony with hundreds of past and Present Performers wearing past Entertainment Costumes and parade along the route. and it only happens once every 5 years.

Ag11gani

I agree with you, One of my Favorite TDL parade of all time is Jubilation, Jubilation Just set the bar for disney parades and I still miss the Fantasia Float almost 12 meters long with Pooh, Splash Mountain and Pochahontas. Happiness is here came and i was a bit disappointed maybe the designed perspective of the floats were kinda small well except for the finale balloon unit. and HIH was kinda like a Soundsational parade 2.0 with 2D cutouts on some floats, But the music is great especially the aristocats unit.

But hey,atleast the budget for Dreaming UP! has been doubled from 150 million to 250 million. We can expect some technology in here.or mayeb surprises in D23 Expo Japan in February. and the Sneak peek for the new parade and preview nights starts on April 10 through april 14, 2017. With a grand debut on the 15th.

And on the 15th Expect a Grand Anniversary ceremony with hundreds of past and Present Performers wearing past Entertainment Costumes and parade along the route. and it only happens once every 5 years.

Hopefully Dreaming UP will be an amazing parade and I especially looking forward to the Peter Pan unit.

It should be cool to see past costumes again, although nothing can beat what DLP did on the day of their 25th.

The Grand Celebration in the morning.

And a parade version.

With special costumes created for the day and over 300 preformers, it was amazing.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
and the leaks are just keep coming in....rough sketch for the upcoming parade has been leaked on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGcMRfL6Hu7-z92OMZ3fRXm_ozXaANV5-
Is this it? Because if it is, that's very, very, very, very, very, very rough but it's also a long and varied parade which is always good with characters we don't normally see like The Steadfast Tin Soldier and Ariel and Aladdin which have become the domain of DisneySea. I like the cakey silhouette of the smaller floats.

Speculation time:
Will Hiro and Baymax be the icons of the parade? They're on the first float. If not, that's a really odd way to start a parade.
That ship is going to be beautiful.
What will the Silly Symphony float actually look like? The art is an incredibly odd and awkward shape
Fantasia 2000, I'm going to put money on this not making it to the final parade.
Will Beast or the Prince be on the Beauty and the Beast float? It seems odd to have Belle in her ballgown with no partner to dance with.
Toy Story, yawn. I feel like we've seen it before.
Moana, I love it. The water is going to look beautiful, I just know it.
Princesses, another odd shape. I'm scratching my head at this decision. Glad to see Walt's 3 getting their own float though. If it were me, I would have done a float for each and articulated it like the Beauty and the Beast float. They look incredibly cramped up there but that also might just be the stock images they used
Frozen looks odd too. I'm confused what about that says Frozen other than Anna and Elsa and Olaf.
Peter Pan looks like the best float in the parade for one reason and one reason alone, aerial silk artists.
The Little Mermaid IP choice baffles me when Ariel is very much a character part of the Disney Sea identity. The trapeze could be cool though. I just can't get behind the IP choice when maybe they could have done something like a Jungle Book unit.
How is the Tangled unit going to differentiate itself from the Dreamlights Tangled unit? They're almost exactly the same.
Aladdin and Jasmine, two more characters that are part of the Disney Sea identity. Kind of a baffling choice although one I understand more than Little Mermaid. I'd rather see Hercules on Pegasus.
Who's going on that finale float? Seems kind of odd to have a completely empty float finish off a parade.
NTT Docomo's still sponsoring the parade.
I think we're in for a treat but it's a wait for some music leaks and actual float leaks to see how it turns out.

brb1006

I still glad The Aristocats has gotten some love with their own float for once.

jrhwdw

Tokyo gets a year long celebration for their 35th birthday and all we got for Epcot 35 was a half baked one day snooze fest? Ugh.
That's the power of OLC! :) Although, way back when, when WDW's old logo was everywhere and MK got big celebrations every 5 years, I don't think EPCOT got any birthday celebrations. Certainly not an IllumiNations tag.

brb1006

That's the power of OLC! :) Although, way back when, when WDW's old logo was everywhere and MK got big celebrations every 5 years, I don't think EPCOT got any birthday celebrations. Certainly not an IllumiNations tag.
The last big anniversary MK had was the 25th back in 1996.

SweetDuffy101

Just searched the Youtube for Dreaming up rumors and its been updated from rough sketches of costumes to the tracklists and International singer Sia Being The singer for Dreaming Up.

GiveMeTheMusic

Just searched the Youtube for Dreaming up rumors and its been updated from rough sketches of costumes to the tracklists and International singer Sia Being The singer for Dreaming Up.

I have no inside information on this parade or any others in development right now, but I find that YouTube channel to be HIGHLY suspect. Even rough renderings internally wouldn't be made in MS Paint.

SweetDuffy101

But there are still rumors out there that the new heads might arrive in summer. Since New regular shows will begin in Summer of 2018.

(Fun Fact: USJ will also be debuting a brand new nighttime parade next year coincides with tdr anniversary event. Universal Spectacle Night-Best of Hollywood parade. with projection mapping throughout the park and Themed to Harry potter, Minions, Transformers and jurrasic park and the budget is a whopping 7 Billion Yen.

and a worlds first parade featuring projection mapping. and special effects.)

jrhwdw

But there are still rumors out there that the new heads might arrive in summer. Since New regular shows will begin in Summer of 2018.

(Fun Fact: USJ will also be debuting a brand new nighttime parade next year coincides with tdr anniversary event. Universal Spectacle Night-Best of Hollywood parade. with projection mapping throughout the park and Themed to Harry potter, Minions, Transformers and jurrasic park and the budget is a whopping 7 Billion Yen.

and a worlds first parade featuring projection mapping. and special effects.)
One would think if they want the new heads, they would start with Dreaming Up and the actual 35th rather than waiting until Summer 35.

7 Billion Yen for USJ? How does that compare to Dreamlights' renewals and the budget for Celebrate! Tokyo Disneyland since it looks like they're adding Fountains permanently to the Castle? Of course it depends on how much pyro they want to use...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom