Toes Dipped

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
Ok, toes dipped. Sending in escrow deposit for small resale contract tomorrow.

Question: The contract banked all 2017 points for 2018 (cool, double the points early next year if we get this one). Now, there being 0 points left upon closing (fingers crossed), do we still get the one time annually "up to 24 point for $15/pp" If we wanted to book in the remainder of 2017 use year? Or do we have to have at least a single point available before that benefit kicks in?

correcaminos

Ok, toes dipped. Sending in escrow deposit for small resale contract tomorrow.

Question: The contract banked all 2017 points for 2018 (cool, double the points early next year if we get this one). Now, there being 0 points left upon closing (fingers crossed), do we still get the one time annually "up to 24 point for $15/pp" If we wanted to book in the remainder of 2017 use year? Or do we have to have at least a single point available before that benefit kicks in?
I did just double check in chat, but you can have 0 points in order to use the one time purchase. You can also borrow from 2018's regular UY points to book as well. Just keep in mind they can only be used at the 7 month mark (or less).

Good luck with everything - I hope your offer is accepted and you get your points soon :)

FrostyNaples

Original Poster
I did just double check in chat, but you can have 0 points in order to use the one time purchase. You can also borrow from 2018's regular UY points to book as well. Just keep in mind they can only be used at the 7 month mark (or less).

Good luck with everything - I hope your offer is accepted and you get your points soon :)

Thank you for the response & luck! Offer was accepted, now onto RoFR

This is great to hear. The use year would be Feb, so by the time closing comes, it would be inside of 4 months if we wanted to purchase the one time points for a stay. We don't want to borrow 2018, since the seller banked all 2017, it will be nice to start with double points in Feb.

correcaminos

Thank you for the response & luck! Offer was accepted, now onto RoFR

This is great to hear. The use year would be Feb, so by the time closing comes, it would be inside of 4 months if we wanted to purchase the one time points for a stay. We don't want to borrow 2018, since the seller banked all 2017, it will be nice to start with double points in Feb.
Fingers crossed for you with ROFR! One of my good friends just found out that they passed and are now on their way to closing. They heard within a week - so I hope the same for you!

Keep in mind the booking window doesn't have anything to do with your Use Year. UY is only when your points come.

11/7 month booking window has only to do with what dates you are going. The UY only comes into play if you have points or not to use during that time period you are traveling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom