• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Pre-Trip today is the day i can cancel my upcoming WDW trip or not

StarBurst

Original Poster
a little back story...

i booked a room at disney springs for august 17-20..
i have a ticket to see UB40 at the house of blues on the 18th..big fan of course..

well 2 months ago the condo i own decided to"fix" our roof and things did not exactly go according to plan.
i now have water damage in my walls and mold and asbestos
in my ceiling....
one month ago i had enuff and walked to the mall.im very close..went to Besito to have have a few margaritas...
i got very lit and walking home i tripped and fell in the grass right before the the light station to cross..

well i ended up faceplanting breaking my front tooth and slicing my forearm open re quireing 11 staples in the ER...

a month later im staring my disney vacay in the eye and wondering what have i done with my life..

i have never cacelled any vacation before

yea i get it ..its all my faut, im 56 i should know better...

SOOMIN

Advertisement
Hi

I am really sorry to hear of your problems.It sounds like you are having a terrible time.
I am not sure where you are travelling from, but, maybe you could just go for one night to see UB40.

I really hope things get better for you and you manage to work everything out.

StarBurst

Original Poster
Hi

I am really sorry to hear of your problems.It sounds like you are having a terrible time.
I am not sure where you are travelling from, but, maybe you could just go for one night to see UB40.

I really hope things get better for you and you manage to work everything out.
hello..i live in tampa so close by.. i would just be out the concert tik

i was debating if should post this or not,,,but right now im glad i did..i needed to get it off my chest

thanks for your reply

Rista1313

a little back story...

i have a ticket to see UB40 at the house of blues on the 18th..big fan of course..

well 2 months ago the condo i own decided to"fix" our roof and things did not exactly go according to plan.
in my ceiling....
one month ago i had enuff and walked to the mall.im very close..went to Besito to have have a few margaritas...
i got very lit and walking home i tripped and fell in the grass right before the the light station to cross..

well i ended up faceplanting breaking my front tooth and slicing my forearm open re quireing 11 staples in the ER...

a month later im staring my disney vacay in the eye and wondering what have i done with my life..

Sometimes it's tough being an adult... Asking yourself the tough questions... can I afford 3 nights at a hotel right now? I know the feeling your feeling and it stinks... but sometimes you have to realize that spending more money will just make things worse. I second still going to the concert, since you have the ticket already, but change your room reservation to just 1 night.

MinnieM123

a little back story...

in my ceiling....

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about the recent events. Life can really stink sometimes. Just be glad that you're o.k. and on the mend. That's the most important point that I can make here.

As others above have suggested, perhaps go see the concert and trim down the length of your planned vacation. That way, you'd still have some extra money for the various repairs, etc. at home, while also not completely depriving yourself of something more fun.

Do take good care, and eventually, all this will pass. Better days will be ahead for you.

NunuBelle

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about everything that's happened to you.
I know that you were very excited about UB40. Maybe you can tweak plans and shorten your visit so that you don't miss it?

Please take care of yourself, that's a priority. I hope you're recovering from your fall and that things at home get resolved soon.

StarBurst

Original Poster
about 30% of my my posts i am embarrassed to have posted ..

this was one of them...

quick up date guys...my arm is on the mend and got my last dr apt in the afternoon..all doctors and nurses are wonderful.
triple helix powder promotes tissue growth and that fixed me right up..

my right front tooth is still jacked and i refuse to smile in front of family or friends..will work on getting it fixed next

decided to carry on with my trip...

:)

StarBurst

Original Poster
And remember.......chick’s dig scars!

Go and have fun! Then tell us all about it.
(And I still need you to teach me how you are able to quote full pictures. )
dar...to quote a full picture just double left click...then right click copy image address..

then paste in the image option...

should be good to go

Last edited:

StarBurst

Original Poster
ok my packing list for aug 17-20...

a 12 pack of water
a pack of preperation H medicated wipes..(good stuff in the parks, even if u dont need em)

i think thats about it.

Top Bottom