today 11/29 Day to reserve for Christmas

Pghdrumr

Original Poster
Today a bunch of reservations opened up. I was able to secure Chef Mickey's for Christmas Day Brunch! There was also availability at Ohana, and 1900 Park Fare.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That's impossible. Everyone knows that you are required to make all reservations at 180 days, or you'll never get to eat there. :cautious:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
To some of us here, that isn't a surprise at all. The requirement to do ADRs at exactly 180 days is a complete myth with very few exceptions. CRT being one of them, but even that can be had if you are persistent in looking. It can be a bit more problematic during extremely busy times, but still not impossible. People cancel vacations, and especially now with the reservations costing money if you don't show, always check the day before. Quite a few open up when people cancel to save the $10 charge.

Dwarful

To some of us here, that isn't a surprise at all. The requirement to do ADRs at exactly 180 days is a complete myth with very few exceptions. CRT being one of them, but even that can be had if you are persistent in looking. It can be a bit more problematic during extremely busy times, but still not impossible. People cancel vacations, and especially now with the reservations costing money if you don't show, always check the day before. Quite a few open up when people cancel to save the $10 charge.

Exactly. We are a decent size group going to WDW fairly last minute...started planning late Sept. for a Christmas trip. When I first started looking I couldn't find dining locations in the parks we were going to on those days. But using touringplans and keeping an eye out and being flexible we were able to get locations for each day. Maybe not first choice...but given the fact that this trip was thrown together in 3 months we were lucky to be able to get meals with all 12 of us together....some of these include: BOG, Prime Time, Rose and Crown, Biergarten, Liberty Tree (Christmas Eve...this was a last minute and I was glad to get a sit down in the park on this day!), Rainforest, Kona, Sci Fi and Teppan Edo. Not done trying to change some things...but if it doesn't happen, no big deal.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
That is a big thing with a shorter window - be flexible and understand that you may not get everything you want, but that there are still excellent choices available. We have eaten at all of those - most multiple times - and that is a very good list of places to eat. LTT on Christmas Eve - nice!

Dwarful

I have ohana for Christmas eve but will cancel. Im not paying $50
I had lunch at Hollywood and Vine...not first choice, but some of my group is off property and I didn't want to risk going to a resort and getting locked out of the park when we return....but at $41.99 and no one in our group is 'into' those characters it wasn't a good choice...just a choice. Then Mama Melrose opened up and I grabbed it and dumped H&V. Now I have a spreadsheet with menus and I keep calling WDW to get updated prices to figure out if it will be cheaper to do the dining plan..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom