To those couples who go to Disney...

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I'm going to WDW with my girlfriend in January for our 2 year anniversary and I'm wondering where the best places to be "romantic" are, if you know what I mean...Care to share experiences?

tAhnks in advance.

natalia1681

I'm not sure how *romantic* you want to get, since this is a family park. But, my husband and I the Mexico ride, El Rio del Tiempo, since there is typically no line, we can usually get our own boat:drevil:

:lol::lol::lol:

fngoofy

Hi there,
Your best bets for romantic walks are:
1. The boardwalk at the Boardwalk resort (the walkway meets up with the walkway from the Yaht & Beach Club and then goes on to Epcot.) Diner at the Yahtsman Steakhouse and a walk round to the Boardwalk or over into the countries in Epcot, say France should be nice.

2. Diner and drinks at the Poly with a walk out to the point (there is a walkway from the Poly pool area out to a point overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon) to watch the MK fireworks.

3. Evening Extra Magic Hours (any park). The crowds thin out, grab a drink in the Tune In Lounge and then walk around Echo Lake and NY st. if your in DS, if in Epcot, rides some rides and then walk around World Showcase for the last hour. In MK anywhere is romantic.

Have fun.

goofyfan13

Hi there,
Your best bets for romantic walks are:
1. The boardwalk at the Boardwalk resort (the walkway meets up with the walkway from the Yaht & Beach Club and then goes on to Epcot.) Diner at the Yahtsman Steakhouse and a walk round to the Boardwalk or over into the countries in Epcot, say France should be nice.

I took my girlfriend to the Yachtsman for our 1 year anniversary back in 2004, and I was extremely impressed with the restaurant. If I would recommend a restaurant for a good anniversary dinner, this is it. There are plenty good restaurants to choose for that type of dinner, however, this is probobly my favorite. We had such a good time, the service was outstanding, food was excellent, and the atmosphere was wonderful.

Other restaurants I would recommend are Le Cellier, (although that one books up months in advance) and L' Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (Pricy, but good)

Good areas to go to, well, we enjoyed walking by the beach by Yacht and Beach club while the sun set. As already mentioned by fngoofy, walking out to the point at the Poly is always nice.

Well thats all I can think of for now, if I can think of anything else I'll post it.

3IAlienKid

You can view the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the California Grill restaurant on top of the Contemporary Hotel. Make sure when you book your priority seating that they will be having the fireworks that night, and book about 45 minutes to an hour before the show starts.

Or if you have the cash, you can watch the same fireworks show by renting your own private yacht for the evening out on the 7 Seas Lagoon. You can be served dinner that's actually cooked on board and served to you by your own private butler. I have no idea how far in advance they book these things.

Take a horse drawn carriage ride at the Port Orleans Hotel. They also do hayrides at Fort Wilderness. I don't know if these cost anything or not.

Another pricey option is Victoria & Albert's for dinner at the Grand Floridian. This is central Florida's only 5 star restaurant. You'll have to make reservations quick on this one, it may even be too late at this point.

Most of the WDW hotels are built around bodies of water, so any stroll throughout the grounds at nighttime can be pretty romantic.

I've seen pictures of Jiko's at the AK Lodge, it has great romantic ambience, and most reviews of this place are very positive.

coltow

We always found a nice stroll though the countries in EPCOT to be just what we needed. We'd just take it slow and soak it all in. Some restaurants are also just the ticket: Le Cellier, Alfredo's, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point to name a few. I used to love having a late dinner at Cinderella's Castle, but now that there's characters it's not the same

durangojim

Something romantic to do during the day is have tea at the GF, it is very relaxing and peaceful, and the food is great. Also you could have dinner at San Angel Inn in Mexico and ask for a table by the water. You can also charter a pontoon boat to watch Wishes, it doesn't have to be the yacht. I don't know where you're staying, but consider getting a room for one night at the GF with a view of the castle, order room service, and then enjoy the fireworks and water pagent while dining in your robes on your patio. My wife and I have done this on more than one occaision and it s extremely romantic.

May I suggest Victoria and Albert's. It was so romantic, pricey, but romantic.

Also Ohana had a romantic atmoshpere. Ask to get placed close to a window. Its more intimate.

Romance is in the eye of the beholder, so I would suggest you hint around (a little) and see what comes up.

Enjoy!

Johnny

Yoop33

Do a search cause there is going to be a ton of threads about this.... As for me... I was just at the resort on Sunday and we decided to have dinner at one of the returants at Boardwalk.. After dinner we sat outside on the boardwalk and had drinks and just relaxed as people would walk, jog or ride thos 4 person bikes up and down... really peaceful and nice. Then Jellyrolls opens at 7 if you wanted to go have some fun too. Nice little place to sit on the water and relax. But trust me there is plenty more to do.

PhilharMagician

We just did our 15th anniversary at WDW in june and here are some of the things we did.

Dinner @ Bistro de Paris. This was absolutely increadible but very expensive. The atmosphere, service and food were perfection.

Dinner @ California Grill. Again this was great. The meal was slightly cheaper than the Bistro and the food was great along with the service. The main differance is th atmosphere. The Cali Grill is much larger and not as romantic. As for the fireworks, I was not impressed. The angle of the viewing is not the same as being at MK and it is also extremely crowded out there.

Horse and Carriage ride at Fort Wilderness. This was great! I surprised my wife with this and she was so happy. For $35.00 you cannot go wrong. The ride lasts about 1/2 hr as they wander around the jogging trail between The Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. The carriage picks you up right in front of Pioneer Hall.

Wishes Cruise. This gives you a great view of the fireworks and depending on your captain they give you a great tour of Bay Lake and Seven Seas lagoon. I would love to do this again.

There are many other good restaurants for a romantic dinner.

Le Cellier
Victoria and Alberts
Citricos
Artist Point
Jiko
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Enjoy and have fun making you plans.

Chux

Whenever we stay at the poly me and my gf walk around the beach until we can find some hammocks and just hang out. If not romantic, it's at least relaxing.

celticdog

Romance is alive and well all over WDW.

Epcot is full of places: France, Coral Reef, Morroco and Marakesh, Italy

Cinderella's Royal Table for dinner used to be, it may not, due to the changes in dining. A nice train ride around tha park. Snuggle up and protect her in the Haunted Mansion.

Catch dinner and movie at the Sci-Fi Drive-in at MGM.

Take a slow stroll through the Oasis and Pangani Trails at the Animal Kingdom.

All of the Grand Floridian.

Dinner at Ohana's and then a stroll on the beach to watch the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom.

sweetale

Since everyone is mentioning restaurants, I have one more to add that's actually a bit cheaper (but still great). If you enjoy sushi and sake, try the lounge in Japan, Matsunoma Lounge (it is in the large building towards the front). It is rarely busy, you can usually get a table by a window that looks out onto the lagoon, and the service is excellent. Plus it has a rather robust sushi/drink menu. Very romantic and relaxed! (Also, you don't need reservations!) I hope you guys have a great anniversary, what a wonderful place to celebrate :) .
~Amy

Chux

Teppenyaki is really good, and the previous post about walking around the Poly at night when the Tiki torches are on is great too.

Kellylynn322

My husband and I just dined at Yachtsman for our anniversary and it was amazing! They brought me a rose and wished us a Happy Anniversary and brought us a small anniversary dinner to share.

Also, Any place in the parks but when you call ask when the park closes and try to get a time as late as possible and then after dinner when you walk out there is basically no one there and youhave the feeling like you have the whole park to yourself.

Have a great time!

I'm going to WDW with my girlfriend in January for our 2 year anniversary and I'm wondering where the best places to be "romantic" are, if you know what I mean...Care to share experiences?

tAhnks in advance.

bgraham34

My wife and I always go and rent a boat and just watch people go in and out of Magic Kingdom. We love to goto Ohana's and we are going to try Victoria and Albert's.

SteveUK

Am I the only one who occassionally feels a bit weird about indulging in er..'more adult pursuits' in WDW. Everywhere you look it just feels like a kids place, and somehow I just feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes. And no, don't panic, I'm not talking about in the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom