To Renew or wait, that is the question

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Since February 2018, I have had an annual pass, mostly to fill my RunDisney addiction and do Princess and Wine and Dine in 2018. My pass expires on February 23rd 2019. I will be in Disney World on the 24th as well so on that day I will either need a one day ticket or to renew. If I don't renew in February, I would be renewing in October of 2019 and thus would not get the renewal discount. The dates I would be going in 2019/2020 are as follows:

Possibly August 2019- 1 week

October/ November 2019 for Wine and Dine- 4 days
February 2020 for Princess Weekend- 1 week
April 2020 for Star Wars- 4 days

If I renew in February I would get the renewal discount but will need to renew again before the Star Wars run in 2020 but if I renew in August or October, I will have my tickets covered until October 2020 but will not get the discount. Thoughts? What would you do? Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing until the summer/fall of 2019.

lostpro9het

What would you do? Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing until the summer/fall of 2019.
We're DVC members and have had APs for about 5 years now. We are 90% sure we wont be renewing in June. Parks are ridiculously over crowded as is and SWGE will only make it worse. We've decided to ditch the APs and cruise more. We will have a last hoorah in May that may sway us but after our last two visits I feel pretty good we will go APless for a couple years at least.

Gillyanne

I do something similar, but not related to runDisney events (more of a timing of vacations). One year "on" one year "off" essentially hitting the parks every fall. When I looked the gold pass (that I have) is only a $50 discount to renew if I recall, so to me it wasn't worth it to renew even in the off years, granted YMMV but that's my experience.

(apologize if it's ramble-y or doesn't make sense, I'm a lil tired)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'm doing the same thing. I have a trip in March and won't renew when it comes time in May. I'm going to wait until 2020 and go again. I want to check out Disneyland over the summer so I'm going to let the pass lapse.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Since February 2018, I have had an annual pass, mostly to fill my RunDisney addiction and do Princess and Wine and Dine in 2018. My pass expires on February 23rd 2019. I will be in Disney World on the 24th as well so on that day I will either need a one day ticket or to renew. If I don't renew in February, I would be renewing in October of 2019 and thus would not get the renewal discount. The dates I would be going in 2019/2020 are as follows:

Possibly August 2019- 1 week

October/ November 2019 for Wine and Dine- 4 days
February 2020 for Princess Weekend- 1 week
April 2020 for Star Wars- 4 days

If I renew in February I would get the renewal discount but will need to renew again before the Star Wars run in 2020 but if I renew in August or October, I will have my tickets covered until October 2020 but will not get the discount. Thoughts? What would you do? Right now I'm leaning towards not renewing until the summer/fall of 2019.

1. What's the discount? Is it still the price of a single day ticket?
2. You know AP prices will go up, usually around October.
3. The cost of a single 1 day ticket for the 24th.

You're not doing the 2019 Dark Side?

Look at the numbers. If you're going to be doing 3 of the 4 rD races each year, I'd renew.

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Renewal discount is worth 2 months.

So if you don't go within those first 2 months after expiration then you are better off not renewing.

Thank you! I wouldn't be returning until the summer at the earliest.

1. What's the discount? Is it still the price of a single day ticket?
2. You know AP prices will go up, usually around October.
3. The cost of a single 1 day ticket for the 24th.

You're not doing the 2019 Dark Side?

Look at the numbers. If you're going to be doing 3 of the 4 rD races each year, I'd renew.

No Dark Side for 2019, saving up for the 2020 race in hopes in go through the new Star Wars area at DHS. I think I'm leaning towards renewing early october.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom