To Open or Not To Open (Timekeeper)

VacationMan

Hey. thanks for all the info... Nope your Not being an at all. I feel sorry if they own more stock than me right now.... actually, I Guess is depends on at what amount the aquired it... Down since a High of $42 and some change last in 2K Feb/March.

I was just kinda stringing you and TK along a little... I see all types of idiots trying stuff while in an attracion while I'm the parks...

You a front line CM when your "ON", or a behind the scenes?

I did not mention that My cousin has been an area manager @ MGM, AK (one of the openers or AK no less), and is currently working on a Disney (Kinda Hush) project right now... Its usually fun to tag along at a distance and see the resolutions.... Of course it is usually anyoing when over lunch, he starts talking into his walkie talkie in the middle of a discussion, but you get use to it.

6 days and counting till WDW...

Hey TK I'll see what I can do on getting as clean a cover as possible... Although its going to be handheld... I'm going with a big party (8+), and I really can't drag a unipod with while in the parks. If I can, I'll balance it on the front rail pointed at Robin Williams.... coruse I gotta black tape some of my Sony Hi8, so that there isnt a glow... but that should not be too big a deal.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by VacationMan
You a front line CM when your "ON", or a behind the scenes?

neither.. entertainment CM (parade performer, entertainment trainer, float driver, and all around smartarse). I used to be a Tomorrowland Attr. CM and I... hated it there. I left the second I had a chance and haven't looked back since.

Timekeeper

Original Poster
Reply to VacationMan

Hey TK I'll see what I can do on getting as clean a cover as possible... Although its going to be handheld... I'm going with a big party (8+), and I really can't drag a unipod with while in the parks. If I can, I'll balance it on the front rail pointed at Robin Williams.... coruse I gotta black tape some of my Sony Hi8, so that there isnt a glow... but that should not be too big a deal.

VacationMan,

Guess what... I am the kind of guy who would bring (and has brought) a unipod to the parks. So I understand exactly what you're talking about. Last time I really wanted to ride Space Mountain (because of the little-to-no wait time), and had to do so holding on to my camera bag(s) for dear life. I'm usually able to pass off my equipment to a friend, but when you'll there solo you become your own "best boy."

I actually thought about positioning the camera on the front row of "lean rails" up at Timekeeper, but haven't had the chance to try that (yet.) The angle might be a little steep, but 1) the audio will be excellent, and 2) that's the only way to get an entire show - completely smooth. So go for it.

I'm not a big fan of "grain" on video, and because Timekeeper is metallic and reflects light so well, I've found myself turning the exposure down a little in order to reduce the grain in darker areas (and yet leave TK perfectly exposed.)

Does anyone know WHY recording is so "prohibited" in Timekeeper versus other "live" attractions? (And TK isn't even live.) I mean, before the Lion King Show and even recent BLAST! (at EPCOT) performances, recordings announced no "flash" photography, but flashless photos and video were fine. I just don't get it.

And tiggerguy, the Foreign Park Guide thing was more of a joke than anything else (although I'd enjoy watching someone try that.) You suggested just "going back" if recording is interrupted by a CM. Is there anything else one should consider before taking this advice? I'm sure someone would do multiple visits, but at what point does the CM (or anyone else for that matter) have the right to take more action than just have you leave the attraction (for recording)? Thanks for the tips.

The best thing for them (CM's) to do would be to have "safety-rule-violators" stand in the corner of the room.

- Timekeeper

VacationMan

Hey mktiggerman..... sounds actually like that would be a preferred CM postion in Entertainment.... I'd personally couldn't take dealing with the public (I.E. Attraction CM).

Actually, I usually try to talk and kid around with some of the attraction CMs... (pretending to do something wrong or ask a completly crazy question, then joking with them... the CMs usually really get a kick out of it, when they realize that I'm completly pulling their leg.)... that is to the ones that seems to have a personality... some of them are just "there" if you know what I mean.

Is there something particularly bad in Tomorrowland as a CM?

TK - I will try to get something worth-while in the can. I'll keep the sony at 0 gain (au-natural) for the footage.... more than likely there will be enough to get some good footage... It depends on how crowded the attraction is and what time I can hit it... Like I said 8 total in my group, and my family is playing "tour guide" to some relatives from Switzerland (their first time to a Disney Facility). Will probably have some more luck with stills.. I'll try to take a bunch of the entrance/pre-show area, and of TK upon Show Completion (during the Exit). If you need them... Let me know, I don't want to burn the film if you already have. On one of my first trips (as an adult) to MK, back in '82 I think, I carried around my full 35mm Rig, lenses, a uni-pod, the works. I pulled some very good pictures, but what a pain! on my MANY trips since then, I've always tended to pack light, bringing equipment only on days where I know I want to capture something.

It'll be interesting to see if there are ANY associated merchandise for TK out in the cart area.

5 days to go.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
It seems that they will reopen temporarily then close it back down before reopening again for a short time during the 100 Years of Magic celebration.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Is there something particularly bad in Tomorrowland as a CM?

the management there is a bunch of idiots.. that's what's wrong w/ tomorrowland.

TK- the CM can do anything up to confiscating the tape or camera itself and return it to you afterwards or have you pick it up in city hall (this is usually only done in the case of laser pointers though.. god those things are annoying)

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Management in Tomorrowland are idiots. There is like nothing there anymore. Timekeeper is closed, Galaxy Theater is closed more then half the year, and Carousel of Progress is very near extinction. Almost nothing is left.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
The Disney Yearboom the come out with every year says there is a show there but I've never seen anything except during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom