To Infinity and Beyond: A May 2011 Pixar Weekend Trip Report

Less than one month after returning from my April trip, and just two months after our wedding/Disneymoon trip, Brett and I were back at the World. How’d it happen, you ask? Well, on a rainy Friday morning, two weeks prior to Pixar Weekend, Brett sent me an email detailing some of the rare characters expected at the event and ended it by stating that we should totally go. I think he was half joking, because my response, “Let’s do it,” isn’t really what he was expecting. We decided to meet up for lunch that day and after discussing expenses and planning out a budget, we realized a short three-day weekend trip was totally doable. Huzzah!

We booked an AP rate at CBR the very same day. However, after more discussion that evening, we decided to switch to a value resort and upgrade our APs to Premium passes with the extra money we would’ve spent on the moderate! We had planned to go to a water park at least once during this trip and decided that, the upcharge for premium passes would pay for themselves after two water park visits. And bonus… merch is 20% off with a premium pass!

What we didn’t do, was book a lot of ADRs. :eek: Shocking, I know! Instead, we decided to just go with the flow and save a little cash since it was a bonus trip. We made two ADRs (the Wave and Kona) and figured we’d just wing it from there.

Pixar Weekend here we come! Thursday, May 12 – Sunday, May 15. Scratch that… Monday, May 16. Yeah, once we got there we totally ended up adding another day. :D

The cast… Mr. and Mrs. Hollybelle!

IMG_4160.jpg

Oh yeah… two new minor obsessions came of this trip: Vinylmation trading and Pook-a-Looz love! But more on that later… right now, I have a little Pixar preview for anyone out there who may or may not have a panic attack if they have to wait much longer (I’m looking at you, Karen!).

Booooooo!

IMG_0437_1.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I agree about a new husband's wedding ring being very sexy. I look at my finacee's naked finger and try to picture what his ring will look like after our wedding.

Absolutely! You know, once you get married, it will be so weird to go back and see pictures of your fiancee without his ring. Another member on here (popsicletrees) told me that before Brett and I got married and she couldn't have been more right!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

lebeau

I'm jumping on to this TR late. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying it. My oldest daughter developed a Vinylmation addiction last trip. Thank goodness we can still buy them at our local Disney Store!

PartOfYourWorld

My favorite part about our Pluto Pook is his tongue!! Isn't it the saddest that they no longer carry them at WDW?! Because they really can't be bought at the World anymore, Brett started a little "Pook-of-the-Month Club" for me! :lol: :lookaroun Seriously... there's a new Pook on my doorstop on the first of every month. Only on November 1st there were TWO. Obviously, you can't buy Chip without Dale, or Dale without Chip. You'd give the other one a complex! :lookaroun

Awwwwwwww! I don't think I've seen the Chip and Dale Pooks!!! Where is he finding all of them??? Brett is just so sweet :)

Brett

Hey-yo! Thanks for all the well wishes and congratulations everybody! I really appreciate it!

As for the Pooks, well... I don't choose the Pooks. They choose us.

WishIWasAtWDW

fabulous report, as always, holly! i am always so impressed with how many fun character interactions you all have on each of your trips. the pictures with stitch are great! and i think i am joining the group of people who are now interested in vinylmation! i just said this to wes on our honeymoon that when vinylmation came out i was like these are stupid and then looking at all of them this past trip i was like, maybe i want to start buying these. now your trip has really got me thinking that i want to buy some of these. great trip report! i can't wait to read your two other trip reports! :D

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I'm jumping on to this TR late. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying it. My oldest daughter developed a Vinylmation addiction last trip. Thank goodness we can still buy them at our local Disney Store!

Thanks! It is nice that you can buy them at the Disney store... plus they'll make for great stocking stuffers!

Awwwwwwww! I don't think I've seen the Chip and Dale Pooks!!! Where is he finding all of them??? Brett is just so sweet :)

He is pretty sweet - I believe I'll keep him! :lol: I think he's gotten all of them through Amazon! What makes me saddest is that we can no longer find Stitch. He pops up on ebay for some ridiculous price every now and then, but I really despise ebay, so we're not willing to bite.

fabulous report, as always, holly! i am always so impressed with how many fun character interactions you all have on each of your trips. the pictures with stitch are great! and i think i am joining the group of people who are now interested in vinylmation! i just said this to wes on our honeymoon that when vinylmation came out i was like these are stupid and then looking at all of them this past trip i was like, maybe i want to start buying these. now your trip has really got me thinking that i want to buy some of these. great trip report! i can't wait to read your two other trip reports! :D

Thanks, Ashley! I think a couple of factors come into play to improve your chances of getting a "fun" interaction with characters. First, mornings usually make for more rambunctious characters - the lines are shorter which probably allows them to interact longer with each guest and the weather is usually more bearable. Second, you increase your chances if you give them something fun to work with, like making a comment to get them going vs. just walking up and standing beside them. And third, the more times you get in a character line, the more opportunity for it to be a fun interaction. Hah! A large quantity of interactions, results in some quality interactions! We're pretty good at this last one. :lol:

You should totally pick up a VM to trade the next time you're at the World - it's fun!

PartOfYourWorld

He is pretty sweet - I believe I'll keep him! :lol: I think he's gotten all of them through Amazon! What makes me saddest is that we can no longer find Stitch. He pops up on ebay for some ridiculous price every now and then, but I really despise ebay, so we're not willing to bite.

lol funny you say that, I just checked Amazon last night thinking about it and saw some there!!! I might just have to pick up the Chip and Dale ones :)

PolynesianPrincess

So we took your advice and visited the animation building in search of the rare characters.... However, when we went in for the 3rd time around 5pm, I asked the CM if there would be any other characters out (other than Pooh, Mickey and the Incredibles) and he informed me that what we saw was what we got and they were no longer going to be bringing out the villains or any other rare characters for that matter. Whaaat?!? I was so sad to hear this, if it is true :(

HollyBelle

Original Poster
lol funny you say that, I just checked Amazon last night thinking about it and saw some there!!! I might just have to pick up the Chip and Dale ones :)

Did you get them? Did you get them?? I hope so!

So we took your advice and visited the animation building in search of the rare characters.... However, when we went in for the 3rd time around 5pm, I asked the CM if there would be any other characters out (other than Pooh, Mickey and the Incredibles) and he informed me that what we saw was what we got and they were no longer going to be bringing out the villains or any other rare characters for that matter. Whaaat?!? I was so sad to hear this, if it is true :(

Aww man, I'm so sorry to hear that the villains weren't out for you. :(

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

We're at the World now... it'llll be awhile before the full trip report, but Brett's instagramming the trip if you'd like to follow along. His twitter/instagram handle is BrettEagles.

Here's a little preview: http://instagr.am/p/Vddys/

fmingo36

Floating through that last scene of the ride, we started matching up some of our beloved television characters with foods. This is the nonsense we came up with...

Ron Swanson: easy, bacon
Dwight Schrute: beets
GOB Bluth: bananas
Leslie Knope: waffles
Hugo Reyes: fried chicken
Jesse Pinkman: ice
Don Draper: bourbon
Jack Bauer: uhhh, terrorists? :lol:

Brett’s convinced there would be cookies in the background of his shot… lots and lots of cookies. OM NOM NOM NOM!

:ROFLOL: That list is fantastic!
Arrested Developement is my FAVORITE show of all times. And I am completely hooked on Breaking Bad. Can't wait for the final season to start in July.

fmingo36

I guess I don't come to this part of the boards often (Trip Planning) and I keep missing your trip reports.
But when I find them-YEE-HAH! It's a whole afternoon of reading!
Love the pictures with the Pixar charaters. Boo is too cute "KITTY!"

Thanks again for a great trip report!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom