To get a stroller bag or to not get a stroller bag, that is the question

bigkbull

Original Poster
Hi all! We are traveling with an 8 month next month and were trying to figure out if we should get a stroller bag. We are planning on checking at the gate (to have the stroller with us while waiting to board) so I wasn't sure if it was necessary. Looking to save a few bucks any way we can.

If there are any other tips please feel free to share!

Thank you so much!

RememberWhen

I would say it depends.

My sister has a super expensive stroller. They have the bag for it. She says the company will replace the stroller if it gets damaged in the bag.
I assume the reason for this is because strollers get damaged.
Airline workers are often pretty rough with anything gate checked. They need to get that stuff under the plane in a hurry, and sometimes that means items get dropped or thrown.
Another issue is that strollers are things small people put their hands and mouths on. A lot. You won’t really be excited about where that stroller has been. That being said, gotta build up their immune systems.

So, if you can get a bag that will actually protect or cover your stroller in a way you think is worth the price of the bag, go for it.

We always check our stroller. Also potential damage, but we can take the time to pad it well. Our stroller is not absurdly expensive, and our kiddo is bigger. (At 8 months we would use carriers).

Not terribly helpful. :/

bigkbull

Original Poster
I would say it depends.

My sister has a super expensive stroller. They have the bag for it. She says the company will replace the stroller if it gets damaged in the bag.
I assume the reason for this is because strollers get damaged.
Airline workers are often pretty rough with anything gate checked. They need to get that stuff under the plane in a hurry, and sometimes that means items get dropped or thrown.
Another issue is that strollers are things small people put their hands and mouths on. A lot. You won’t really be excited about where that stroller has been. That being said, gotta build up their immune systems.

So, if you can get a bag that will actually protect or cover your stroller in a way you think is worth the price of the bag, go for it.

We always check our stroller. Also potential damage, but we can take the time to pad it well. Our stroller is not absurdly expensive, and our kiddo is bigger. (At 8 months we would use carriers).

Not terribly helpful. :/

Thank you for the feedback. All very good points. We have a carrier as well that my wife is very fond of and planned on bringing that as well. Maybe that would be enough. We've still got a few weeks to think about but thanks again!

SAV

Both of my kids(In High School now) grew up going to WDW and I have never heard of a "stroller bag". We never had a problem. But I also didn't spend a lot on our stroller. It was a $45 compact one which lasted through both kids and multiple WDW trips.

DisneyDreamer08

Agree with the first response- it depends on the value of the stroller. Ours is $10 yard sale hand me down 😁 Works great and we’ve never had a problem brining it to gate and being man-handled. However, if we had a super expensive stroller and were concerned it might be damaged then sure, splurge for the bag.

PeoplemoverTTA

We have a Maclaren and haven’t traveled with it before, so we’re a little nervous about checking at the gate in December. We went ahead and bought a bag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom