Titanic Re-Release Feb 10, 2023

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Titanic is a Disney movie!!

Cameron wants to own the top 6 grossing movies of all time!!!

Can't wait for the sequel!!!!!

Phroobar

they already did Titanic II.

iu

sedati

I always thought you could tell an entire story concurrent with the original if you had it take place in second-class. The original basically ignored that whole aspect of the ship, treating it like a sort of middle child.

Ghost93

Titanic was co-made by Paramount and 20th Century Fox. I believe overseas 20th Century/Disney has the distribution rights of Titanic while in the states it's Paramount. Not 100% sure though.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Titanic was co-made by Paramount and 20th Century Fox. I believe overseas 20th Century/Disney has the distribution rights of Titanic while in the states it's Paramount. Not 100% sure though.
You're correct...

25th anniversary​

Titanic will be re-released in theaters by Paramount domestically and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures (under the 20th Century Studios and Buena Vista International label, following Disney’s acquisition of Fox in 2019) internationally on February 10, 2023, in a remastered 3D 4K HDR render, with high frame rate, as part of the film's 25th anniversary.[214]

Wendy Pleakley

Titanic in HFR 3D seems a bit odd to me. For Avatar, which is a popcorn movie, sure. For something that is, at least in part, a dramatic telling of a tragedy in which people died, it just seems weird to present it as even more of a spectacle.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Titanic in HFR 3D seems a bit odd to me. For Avatar, which is a popcorn movie, sure. For something that is, at least in part, a dramatic telling of a tragedy in which people died, it just seems weird to present it as even more of a spectacle.
Without 3D, how will I know how fast Jack is sinking?

Wendy Pleakley

Will Titanic get a Disney+ release? I mean-they'd likely cut out the nudity, but that's okay.

Paramount distributes Titanic in North America. It's on Paramount+. It will vary country by country.

I don't know that Cameron would allow an edited version either way, he's pretty controlling when it comes to his films. Assuming he has that decision making power here.

Animaniac93-98

Titanic already had a 3D re-release in theaters and on Blu-ray.

They're just bringing it back a 2nd time to capitalize on the (loosely) associated connection with Avatar and the Valentine holiday.

Wendy Pleakley

The use of "money grab" makes no sense here. It's a movie release designed to earn money. There's zero wrong with that.

When I think of "money grab" I think of something like charging money for something that used to be free, like Genie+, which is basically a ticket price increase without being a ticket price increase.

Prince-1

The use of "money grab" makes no sense here. It's a movie release designed to earn money. There's zero wrong with that.

When I think of "money grab" I think of something like charging money for something that used to be free, like Genie+, which is basically a ticket price increase without being a ticket price increase.

Another "expert" weighing in.

Phroobar

I agree. It isn't a money grab. It is just a rerelease of a movie. They did that for the Empire Strikes Back anniversary. It was cool to see it in an empty theater during covid. I hope they rerelease Return of the Jedi for it's anniversary this year.

If it was a money grab than all of those rereleases of classic Disney movies over the years are money grabs too. Lots of movies are rereleased for a short time.

LSLS

I remember seeing this in high school and not understanding how they made this event so boring. BUT, I will never forget the dude who stood up in the middle of the theater and applauded when Leo died. I have to imagine that man went on to great things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom