Titanic museum

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Has anyone done the Titanic Museum tour? We have a good 5 hours before check in and thought about taking DD10 here since she is obsessed. How long is the actual tour? And did you feel it was worth the cost?

Weather_Lady

I haven't visited it in Orlando, but if you're talking about "Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition," my family toured it a few years ago when the exhibition (or parts of it) traveled to a nearby museum here in New York. If you have a child who's "obsessed," she will love it. It was incredibly impactful to see actual items recovered from the ship, and everything was presented in a respectful yet informative way. I'll never forget seeing a display of chafing dishes that came from one of the kitchens, nested together on their sides, exactly the way they were found on the ocean floor -- each one still with visible scorch marks on the bottom from the one time they'd been used -- possibly as vessels for the last meal some passengers would ever have! If you go, bring tissues.

We spent about 90 minutes and really took it all in (although I did have two toddlers with me, which abbreviated the visit somewhat) -- others could easily spend half as much time, or a bit more, depending on their level of interest. Do keep in mind that photographs are not permitted (at least they weren't when I went through - and it's possible it was just flash photography that was prohibited, but I no longer recall the details).

Last edited:

yensid67

From what I have read on different sites, The Titanic Exhibit is great and worth the price! It has a full scale replica of the Grand Staircase. The 'guides' take on the persona of an actual passenger on the ship. There are dinners that they have, but you'd have to plan that one out! But I don't think you can go wrong when its something someone is obsessed with! It will be worth it to them!

Patcheslee

Original Poster
Thanks, we'll probably keep this one a secret from DD until we land in case we have a major flight delay. 90 minutes isn't a huge amount of time, so a small flight delay we can still go without being worn out. I can understand not using photography with artifacts around, hopefully get a few pics of her outside. Probably pack her "I survived the Titanic" book for her to read again during flight and she won't have a clue why lol

DisneyGigi

If it is the same thing, we did it in 2000. (Sure it changed somewhat) Enjoyed it very much. It had the staircase and lots of other really neat things. We could take pictures, but that was forever ago. I have a ton on my old laptop. They probably changed it since then though.

Nemo14

I believe it is the same exhibit that traveled around the country several years ago. DH and I went to it then with his brother and family because his grandmother was a Titanic survivor, and we had reason to suspect that one of the bracelets on display was possibly hers. Pictures were not allowed there then, but they did allow us to take one of us next to the bracelet, and they took one too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom