Trip Report 'Tis the Season to be Jolly... at WDW! 🎄 - Live- *COMPLETED*

Hello and Welcome Disney Friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another adventure is about to begin for Frank and me, starting tomorrow!
We are very excited, for this is our favorite time of the year at our favorite place in the World! We've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January.

When: Dec 1 -Dec 9
Where: Bay Lake Tower
Who: Frank and Nunu

The last few days have been crazy, my friends, like they always are for us (mostly me!) trying to get everything in order here at home, including leaving my beloved turtle Domenica 🐢 under JC's care. You don't want to know how that went with her in the car today, she was trying to get out of her "house" while I was driving! And to make things more nerve wracking, Frank had to travel to Mexico this morning and I was afraid that something might delay him and that, could've complicated our departure tomorrow morning.

Fortunately, he landed an hour ago, so things are looking good so far, phew!

Frank and me, last December
20191111_154449.jpg

Our immediate plans are:
Fly tomorrow into Miami, lunch at Aventura Mall (between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) buy some necessities and stay the night.

Sunday morning we drive from there into Orlando. Those who followed us on our April/May trip, might remember about our highway scare, so this time around, we're hoping to check-in at our WDW Home, without any incidents at around 10am.
Wish us luck! 🤞😊

Thank you for choosing to read along, you're all delightful to have around, and we're happy and grateful for your company! Feel free to comment or ask, I'll do my best to keep you posted as much as I can. I'm an 🦉 so expect some late night posts. 😄

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
After lunch, we went looking for coffee at the Starbucks next to World of Disney. Then, we found a place to sit, relax and people watch. Disney Springs was lively but not crowded, we liked how they decorated for the Holidays, I specially liked their Christmas Tree.
20191205_152350.jpg

We did some shopping and browsed around. There are quite a few stores that we like to visit and we make sure to check out all Disney related shops.

After our leisurely stroll, we went in to check out the new Holidays overlay at Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar. As some of you know, Frank loves this place. We've been visiting since it opened 4 years ago.
20191205_213354.jpg

Once we stepped inside, we could see how they really went all out with the festive theme. It was over the top and we loved it! 🤩
20191205_180745.jpg

20191205_182607.jpg

20191205_182529.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Frank and I ordered 2 Holiday Menu items, and a regular one.

For Frank, Cinnamon Bells, made with Fireball, Frangelico and a golden sugar rim. His drink was great, it reminded me of a spiked eggnog, but lighter and refreshing.

For me, my usual Shorty's Singapore Sling, made with gin, Cointreau and tropical juices.

We also ordered a Holiday Caprese Wreath, to share.
20191205_183220.jpg

20191205_225524.jpg

We were happy with our choices. Everything was very good and we really enjoyed Jock's new Holidays overlay.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
We ended our night at Outer Rim at the Contemporary, where we stopped for a nightcap ;) before heading back to our room.
20191205_225133.jpg

We were in the mood for a Fireball shot, but they were out. 😕
Frank had a Jack Daniels, neat, and I ended up ordering a Bahama Mama.
20191205_213234.jpg

We both enjoyed our relaxed day. 😊

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Holiday Caprese Wreath is so creative! How were the tomatoes? It’s hard to get good tomatoes in December, even in FL.
Not to butt in, but, we had delicious tomatoes in AK last week. I was shocked! They were out of this world delicious (as my MIL an @PineapplePrincess would say).
I didn't know there was an issue with tomatoes this time of the year, down here in FL. 🤔 The "wreath" salad is a great idea, and the tomatoes were fresh and juicy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom