Trip Report 'Tis the Season to be Jolly... at WDW! šŸŽ„ - Live- *COMPLETED*

Hello and Welcome Disney Friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another adventure is about to begin for Frank and me, starting tomorrow!
We are very excited, for this is our favorite time of the year at our favorite place in the World! We've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January.

When: Dec 1 -Dec 9
Where: Bay Lake Tower
Who: Frank and Nunu

The last few days have been crazy, my friends, like they always are for us (mostly me!) trying to get everything in order here at home, including leaving my beloved turtle Domenica šŸ¢ under JC's care. You don't want to know how that went with her in the car today, she was trying to get out of her "house" while I was driving! And to make things more nerve wracking, Frank had to travel to Mexico this morning and I was afraid that something might delay him and that, could've complicated our departure tomorrow morning.

Fortunately, he landed an hour ago, so things are looking good so far, phew!

Frank and me, last December
20191111_154449.jpg

Our immediate plans are:
Fly tomorrow into Miami, lunch at Aventura Mall (between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) buy some necessities and stay the night.

Sunday morning we drive from there into Orlando. Those who followed us on our April/May trip, might remember about our highway scare, so this time around, we're hoping to check-in at our WDW Home, without any incidents at around 10am.
Wish us luck! šŸ¤žšŸ˜Š

Thank you for choosing to read along, you're all delightful to have around, and we're happy and grateful for your company! Feel free to comment or ask, I'll do my best to keep you posted as much as I can. I'm an šŸ¦‰ so expect some late night posts. šŸ˜„

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Youā€™re welcome...!!! :)
I figured you and others who might not know that bit of fan-created Disney backstory might appreciate it...!!! :geek:
Glad to see yā€™all are still havinā€™ a great time...!!!!! :happy:
Disney backstories are fascinating to me, and I'm sure many around here enjoy them too! I love learning new Disney facts whenever I can. :bookworm: Thanks for sharing!

donaldtoo

Our last FP for the day was for BTMR, we got the last car, row 13.

View attachment 430309
View attachment 430315

After our fun ride, we started walking towards the castle, where we picked some popcorn, before exiting the park.

Back to our room to add a layer and head towards GF, via monorail.

The Gingerbread House is a must see for us. This year's visit was much nicer than others before. The lobby wasn't as crowded, and we were able to enjoy the pianist playing, and the festive atmosphere.
View attachment 430318
View attachment 430320
This year, there's a display of the treats available at the Gingerbread House. I don't remember seeing this before.
View attachment 430322
Time to say goodbye to GF, so happy to have visited again. šŸ˜Š
View attachment 430324

Love it all, but, BTKSR (Big Thunder Kidney Stone Railroad) is one of my faves...!!!!! :hilarious:;):)

donaldtoo

What are your other favorites? I love that your daughter made these for you! It's my favorite nostalgic ride from when I was little. :)

Nunu- I love hearing about the costumes. There is so many details to this ride and I feel like there is something new I notice every time I go on it. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

IaSW is one of my first Disney trip memories from my first Disneyland trip at age 6 in ā€˜68...my mom used to sing the song to us when we were little...LOVE it...!!!!! :inlove:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
We stayed at the lounge a little longer than expected, it was cold outside and we were cozy in there.

After recharging ourselves (and our phones), we started walking towards World Showcase starting on the Canada side. We went inside and browsed at the Canada and United Kingdom pavillions. Then, we stopped to observe the Skyliner gondolas gliding above us. Frank asked, "how about a ride?" Me: "Now? Ok, but where to?" We didn't have any plans, so maybe just ride to Caribbean Beach and back.

When we approached the International Gateway station, very few people were in the continously moving line. I guess I was taking too many entrance pictures because CM's present, noticed. One of them asked me if I wanted to include them in a photo. šŸ˜„
20191204_202919.jpg

Is that our ride? Nope, we didn't catch that one!
20191204_202820.jpg

20191204_180517.jpg

It was fun to finally be able to try the Skyliner. We got off at CB and thought about grabbing something to eat at Old Port Royale. We started walking, and walking... the station is what seemed to be too far from it. We decided to turn around and catch a gondola ride back to EPCOT.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Back at EPCOT, we stopped by Katsura Grill in Japan for something hot to eat.

Frank chose Chicken and Beef Teriyaki.
20191204_202627.jpg

Tonkatsu Ramen, for me.
20191204_202602.jpg

After our meal, we headed back to our hotel via monorail, picked up our refillable mugs and went to get some coffee.

At the coffee station, a dude struck a (too long!) conversation about Star Wars with Frank :facepalm:.
I blame his jacket!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi there! šŸ™‹ā€ā™€ļø

Today is our No-Parks Day. We plan on spending it at Disney Springs, where we'll do some shopping, have lunch and maybe get a couple of drinks in the evening.

I'll tell you about it later! šŸ˜€
20191205_122648.jpg

Can you spot the Gingerbread Men on my t-shirt? šŸ˜„

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I love Blaze so much. My husband and I become obsessed after our 2016 trip. They opened one less than a mile from our house - I saw a ā€œcoming soonā€ sign when I was 7 months pregnant and harassed them to open so I could satisfy a craving šŸ¤£ They opened a month after my daughter was born šŸ¤£
Lucky you, to have a Blaze nearby.
*Jealous!* ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom