Trip Report 'Tis the Season to be Jolly... at WDW! 🎄 - Live- *COMPLETED*

Hello and Welcome Disney Friends!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Another adventure is about to begin for Frank and me, starting tomorrow!
We are very excited, for this is our favorite time of the year at our favorite place in the World! We've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it back in January.

When: Dec 1 -Dec 9
Where: Bay Lake Tower
Who: Frank and Nunu

The last few days have been crazy, my friends, like they always are for us (mostly me!) trying to get everything in order here at home, including leaving my beloved turtle Domenica 🐢 under JC's care. You don't want to know how that went with her in the car today, she was trying to get out of her "house" while I was driving! And to make things more nerve wracking, Frank had to travel to Mexico this morning and I was afraid that something might delay him and that, could've complicated our departure tomorrow morning.

Fortunately, he landed an hour ago, so things are looking good so far, phew!

Frank and me, last December
20191111_154449.jpg

Our immediate plans are:
Fly tomorrow into Miami, lunch at Aventura Mall (between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale) buy some necessities and stay the night.

Sunday morning we drive from there into Orlando. Those who followed us on our April/May trip, might remember about our highway scare, so this time around, we're hoping to check-in at our WDW Home, without any incidents at around 10am.
Wish us luck! 🤞😊

Thank you for choosing to read along, you're all delightful to have around, and we're happy and grateful for your company! Feel free to comment or ask, I'll do my best to keep you posted as much as I can. I'm an 🦉 so expect some late night posts. 😄

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
For a second, I thought you had two fridges in your room 🤣 I'll blame it on the cold that is plaguing me right now...

We are totally buying a bucket on our trip in two weeks (from tomorrow). I know a bunch of you guys and gals will be in the World between now and then. I wonder if Bucky will somehow make it that long? 🍿
It'd be fun if Bucky managed to stay at WDW in the hands of Magicians, for a few more weeks! :joyfull:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
My bosses daughters will be in the world mid Jan. I told them about Bucky, and even though they are not “magicians” they hope they can get it on the fun!😀
BTW Nunu, X texted me this morning that he is going to die because it is so cold. I sent him a pix if the snow coming down here and he stopped whining!!!😂

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
We came back an hour ago to our room, we'll be adding a layer of clothing and taking hats and gloves with us due to the cold.

We'll catch a monorail ride to go visit The Gingerbread House at GF.

Oh!, and remember I told you about how much I love Gingerbread Men? Frank got me a Surprise Wishables Merry Christmas Series plushie, I opened it a few minutes ago. Look who's coming home with me! 😍

20191203_183735.jpg

20191203_183937.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
The last time I'd dined at Liberty Tree Tavern was many years ago, Frank, JC, and me were there for a character dinner. I remember Goofy was one of them, and he was teasing JC (then an awkward teenager), about both of them having such large feet! 😄

We were seated in the middle of the Franklin Room, as you can see from the portrait behind Frank.
20191203_155855.jpg

Our server, Patricia, took our order. Frank picked a beer and I chose a White Sangria.
20191203_131422.jpg

A few minutes later, our food was brought to us.
Frank had the Pilgrim's Feast, and for me, Our Tavern's Keeper Favorite.
20191203_132726.jpg

20191203_155718.jpg

Both our dishes were great, my pot roast was tender and the meat gravy was delicious but scarce, so I asked Patricia if I could get some more on the side, she said, absolutely!

What I didn't know is that bread isn't included with meals, and I love bread! Frank ordered a side of rolls. Oh my goodness, those warm and chewy rolls were fresh from the oven and delicious!
The side portion has 6 rolls. Only 4 are shown in this picture that I somehow, remembered to take. 😉
20191203_142915.jpg

For dessert, we shared the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. We enjoyed it too.
20191203_155244.jpg

We had a very nice meal at the tavern, and will be going back sometime in the future.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Getting back inside the park was 🥜🥜! But we managed somehow. We had a FP to make good use of.
20191203_160537.jpg

Then, this:
20191203_161446.jpg

Next time you ride, say hi to these little guys for us. They are the first dolls on your right, greeting you at the entrance of the Latin America section. Their costumes are made from original Mayan textiles, hand woven in our country. Disney asked for them through the American Embassy when the ride was last refurbished. This made news back at home at the time.
20191203_224452.jpg

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Our last FP for the day was for BTMR, we got the last car, row 13.

20191203_171246.jpg

20191203_224623.jpg

After our fun ride, we started walking towards the castle, where we picked some popcorn, before exiting the park.

Back to our room to add a layer and head towards GF, via monorail.

The Gingerbread House is a must see for us. This year's visit was much nicer than others before. The lobby wasn't as crowded, and we were able to enjoy the pianist playing, and the festive atmosphere.
20191203_201342.jpg

20191203_201443.jpg

This year, there's a display of the treats available at the Gingerbread House. I don't remember seeing this before.
20191203_202809.jpg

Time to say goodbye to GF, so happy to have visited again. 😊
20191203_213125.jpg

Tuvalu

I am TEAM FRANK!! 🦃

But, unbeknown to me until just now, you have been with me in spirit for quite awhile.

Many years ago Em took pictures for me on IASW. She then created a montage of five of my favorite doll scenes and gave them to me for Christmas.

I always look right when I enter Latin America. ❤️

39FA2A08-CF91-4E75-B9FC-EF30775AAA12.jpeg

eb3257

I am TEAM FRANK!! 🦃

But, unbeknown to me until just now, you have been with me in spirit for quite awhile.

Many years ago Em took pictures for me on IASW. She then created a montage of five of my favorite doll scenes and gave them to me for Christmas.

I always look right when I enter Latin America. ❤

View attachment 430367
What are your other favorites? I love that your daughter made these for you! It's my favorite nostalgic ride from when I was little. :)

Nunu- I love hearing about the costumes. There is so many details to this ride and I feel like there is something new I notice every time I go on it. Thank you for sharing your trip with us.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am TEAM FRANK!! 🦃

I always look right when I enter Latin America. ❤

View attachment 430367
Tu!, this makes me feel so happy to know we share this small, but special connection. :inlove:

Em is so sweet to have made such a special gift for you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom