Trip Report Tired, hot & grumpy- A tale of 2 princesses- COMPLETED!!

Hi everyone. We just returned late Saturday night from an 8 day stay at WDW. Our travel dates were 9/23-10/1. This trip included myself, husband Nick, our two girls- Sage (age 5 1/2) and Aria (just turned 1), and my parents. This was Sage's 2nd trip, her first was right before her 4th birthday. Link to that trip report if you're interested :)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/sages-first-magical-trip.894130/

On our last trip, we stayed at Pop Century and fell in love with the resort. The cleanliness, the friendliness of the staff, the big Disney statues, the Hippie Dippie Pool, the kiddie pool, it just felt like home to us. We originally booked this stay at Pop but when free dining was released, we had to switch over to All Star Sports. I was nervous about the switch, we all loved Pop so much, but we knew it wasn't really all that different. Our family of 4 requested a connecting room with my parents. We also requested first floor, thinking that would be easier getting in and out with the double stroller.

Travel Day
We flew out of Providence at 7:20am.

IMG_2107.JPG

We were bummed there were no morning direct flights via Southwest so our flight did have one stop. There was no plane change so we had to stay on the plane for about 30 minutes while people got off and on. It made the whole flying process a little longer but overall it wasn't bad. This was Sage's 2nd flight, Aria's first. Both girls did great! Sage played, colored and worked a little on her homework. Aria played with her toys & books and was passed back and forth between my mom and I, and eventually, fell asleep. So that was nice!.

IMG_2112.JPG

Even though there was a bit of a line for the Magical Express, the bus came quickly and we were loaded on. We made great time getting to Sports. We landed at MCO around 11:25 and were checking in at Sports at 12:45. No bad at all!
We were able to get both of our requests, connecting rooms on the first floor, and were assigned to tennis building 5. About 10 days prior to our trip, I ordered some things online from Walmart and Target and shipped them to All Star Sports- baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, breakfast items, etc. A few days before leaving, I got confirmation emails from both places that my items had been delivered. I asked about our packages when we checked in. I was told that within the past several months, Disney hotels have been so overwhelmed with the amount of package deliveries, that they no longer have the space to store them within each hotel. Instead, they have rented a facility off site and all packages are sent there. When you check in, it is then that your packages are attempted to be found. I was told this process could take up to 4 days! I explained that since my packages were confirmed delivered, I only packed enough baby items for that day. And we absolutely needed our items ASAP. They said they would do their best to have my packages to me by midnight.
For the next few hours, we checked out our room and the grounds, ate lunch at the food court, unpacked, and then went for a swim in the pool. Sage loved the kiddie pool at Pop so we started at the Sports kiddie pool.

IMG_2117.JPG

A few things- we noticed a strong sewer smell in the pool area. It was really terrible and made us not want to even spend time there. The water was warm. Like, too warm. It was 90 degrees and super humid every day of our trip. I don't know how hot they keep the pools but it was not refreshing at all. I actually had to get out after a while because it was making me more hot. We spent a little time in the kiddie pool and then went over to the main pool to see if the water was any better. It was a bit better, but not much.

I'm not trying to sound like a scrooge, but after being so bummed to not be at Pop, all these little problems with Sports were not making us happy.
At about 7 that night we were getting the girls ready for bed and we still not have any of our packages. I was stressing out because I was hoping to have the diaper bag all packed for the next day before going to bed. But I didn't have the diapers and food we needed. I put the girls to bed (having my parents next door was so nice, I could go over in their room instead of sitting in the dark/quiet) and Nick went back down to the front desk to check on our packages. Between 7 and midnight, they were able to locate about 75% of our stuff. The only downside was that every time they found a box, they would call our room (waking the girls) or knock on our door (waking the girls). Needless to say, we all slept pretty terrible that first night.

We had a busy day planned for Saturday, a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment for Sage and some Fantasyland fun! More coming soon :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Disney Day 1
We had to wake up early the next day as Sage had a BBB appointment at 8am. MK was originally supposed to open at 9am, giving us an hour pre park opening for her appointment, and then our plan was to go to Peter Pan's Flight first. Our FPs were for Cinderella & Aurora, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Mine Train. We were hoping to focus on Fantasyland and meeting the princesses. A few days before our trip, MK's hours changed for that day and opening was pushed back to 8am (of course). So I convinced Sage to change our Cinderella FP for Peter Pan, thinking that after an hour of the park being open, the line would already be crazy.
So we all wake up around 6, with plans to head out at 7. Everyone is tired and Sage is especially grumpy. As we're getting dressed, she starts complaining that her Ariel dress is too itchy (even though we tried it on before we left). She's whining and crying and refusing to get ready, Nick is getting frustrated because BBB is a special treat for her and she's acting ungrateful. We finally get her in her dress, and- she gets a bloody nose. This actually happens to her a lot, once or twice a month, we've talked to her pedi about it and he seems to think its no big deal. So now she's crying that her nose is bleeding, her dress is itchy and that we're going to be late. Nick asks her if she wants to postpone BBB for another day and she agrees. So I call to postpone and thankfully, they waive the cancellation fee. We get the bloody nose under control, change Sage into regular clothes, and I scramble to open all the packages and pack up the diaper bag. We finally head out for MK! Since we will be there close to the 8am opening, I change our Peter Pan FP back to Cinderella.
Some pictures heading in
IMG_2386.JPG
IMG_2389.JPG
IMG_2392.JPG
IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

littleroo

We were there during the same time frame as you and stayed at Saratoga Springs. He had the same sewer odor there and noticed it at Disney Springs as well. In all my trips there I have never smelled that and it was strong!!

Loving your tr so far and the kids are too cute!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So our first ride of the day is....

IMG_2397.JPG

This is Aria's first Disney ride ever and its actually the first time Sage rides it too (we missed it on our last trip). This ride is cute and big hit with everyone. I really don't understand the monster waits though. We spent a lot of time in the MK over the next week and every time we walked by, we'd look at the wait time. 45 minutes, 60 minutes, even 75 minutes. And people would see this and get in line. Why? I don't get it.
Ride number 2 of the day- Small World! This was Sage's favorite on our last trip and we rode it many times :) Aria was entertained for the first few minutes but got a little antsy towards the end. From there we went over to Princess Fairytale Hall. We were only able to get a Cinderella FP for much later in the day but I had a feeling the wait would be short in the morning. And sure enough, it was 10 minutes. While we were in line, I tried to change our FP for the Ariel meet but they were gone for the day. So I opted for the Ariel ride instead. In just a few short minutes- princesses!

IMG_2418.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2425.JPG

After exiting through the gift shop (a running joke with our family all week), we checked the wait for Rapunzel and Tiana- 20 minutes. So back in line we go!
IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

After Tiana, Aria needed breakfast so we sat and took a little break, then went off to the Ariel ride.We used our FP but once we got inside, we realized we didn't need it at all as the ride was a walk on. So that was a bummer. I just LOVE this ride. So well done. Such a great feature of new Fantasyland. The girls loved it too.

IMG_2446.JPG

Then it was over to meet Ariel, our longest wait of the morning so far. I'd say we waited at least 25 minutes. At least it was inside!

IMG_2451.JPG

Aria is such a goofball sometimes. That's her 'cheese!' face :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Next it was time for our Enchanted Tales with Belle FP. None of us had ever seen this show (although Sage and I did cheat a little and watched a video on Youtube prior to our trip) so we were all excited. We get over to the entrance and we're told the show is down but we can come back and use our FP at any time. Aria is actually getting pretty cranky so I decide to push her around in the stroller to see if she'll fall asleep. Nick asks Sage what she wants to do and she decides on the carousel. My parents just decided to find some shade and sit and rest.
Nick and Sage on the carousel:

IMG_2457.JPG

I think they waited about 10 or 15 minutes to ride and in that time, it was clear Aria wasn't falling asleep. When she's tired, I can lay the stroller back and she usually falls asleep pretty quickly. She wouldn't even lay down though, I think there was just too much going on on her first ever Disney day :) So after the carousel Nick texts me to say Sage wants to ride Small World again. I text him back to tell him Aria isn't napping and let's go do something all together. He doesn't hear the text in time though and they get on Small World. I go find my parents and we decide to go sit inside Gaston's Tavern just to enjoy some AC and cool down.

Crazy kid!

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

As we're in Gaston's waiting, Nick texts me to say the ride has stopped, with them on it. They end up stuck in the same place (with the music still going) for about 15 minutes. Ha! :)

So they finally get off the ride and its time for our 11:45 ADR at Be Our Guest. I am so excited for this one! On our last trip we went in BOG just to get cupcakes and see what it looked like on the inside so I was so excited to eat a meal here this time. So we check in and go inside and the line is so long. Aria is cranky and over tired and holding her is like wrestling a monkey. It was so hot and humid that day (every day) and even though we're inside, we're all sweating and getting tired. So after waiting for maybe 15 or 20 minutes, we put our orders in and go sit down. Last time we ate our cupcakes in the ballroom, this time Sage chose the library room. Weirdly enough, I don't have any pictures from BOG. It was time for Aria to eat so I was trying to feed her (and myself) so I think I was just too distracted. I remember I got the croque monsieur with green beans instead of fries. It was sooo good! Especially the green beans. I think my mom got the same with fries, Nick got the braised pork and my dad got the roast beef sandwich. I think everyone enjoyed their meals. My dad got the french onion soup instead of dessert and I do remember him saying that was not so good. Sage got pasta and sauce and instead of eating, she spent most of the meal laying down on the bench. She was fading fast. The lack of sleep from the night before combined with the extreme heat and humidity were really getting to her. She was asking the whole time if we could leave after lunch and go back to the hotel.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
We convince Sage to do 2 more things after lunch- Our Mine Train FP, and Enchanted Tales. I was really hoping for a morning FP for Mine Train but back when our window opened up, the only thing available for this day was right after lunch. I felt bad making everyone ride on a full stomach! So my mom (who is a big wimp and hates rides) pushes Aria around in the stroller while the rest of us ride. I really like this ride, as does Nick & my dad. Sage is a little nervous but likes it too. Once again I have no pictures! So unlike me.

So we get off the ride, find my mom and Aria is asleep. The only thing we have left to do is Enchanted Tales and Aria is purposely wearing her yellow Belle dress on the only day we can meet Belle in her yellow dress so of course, she's fast asleep. We head over to the entrance and ask if we can bring the stroller in, in case she wakes up during the show, so we can get her picture with Belle. We can't, which I understand. I ask if there's a door Nick can sneak her in at the end of the show if she's awake but the CM says no. She feels bad but there's nothing she can do. So Nick sits out with Aria and the rest of us go in.
The show is so cute! We all love it. Sage doesn't want to participate so I'm a little worried at the end when all the kids are meeting Belle that she won't get to. But thankfully, at the end they tell her she can go up and meet Belle too. I was surprised they didn't ask if anyone else wanted a photo. What if you were an adult at the show with no kids? Do you not get to meet Belle?

IMG_2459.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG

So after the show Sage is completely done and wants to leave. Aria is still asleep in the stroller and I really don't want to wake her. Nick agrees to take Sage back and me and my parents stay with Aria. We look around in the stores in Fantasyland. We decide to stay in that area so when Aria wakes up we can see Philharmagic. We didn't see the show on our last trip because we knew Sage would be spooked (she hates loud noises) so I really wanted to see it this time around. Any my mom is all about the shows :)

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So Philharmagic is cute as always (although Aria starts crying part way through) and then we head to Main St to look through some stores. We notice everyone lining up so I mention to my mom the parade starts at soon. She says she would like to watch it so we browse around for a few minutes and head out at about 3:05. You know how they use masking tape to mark off where people can stand? Well there is one little area that they left open for people who want to cross the street and right behind that, under the shade of the store fronts, is a little square taped off that nobody is standing in. My parents, myself and the stroller fit perfectly in the little square, we are in the shade, we can lean against the building and there are no heads directly in front us because its free space for people to cross the street. Its not the most perfect spot but considering we didn't have sit on the curb for 30 minutes, I'll take it!
Our family saw this parade on our last trip but my parents hadn't seen it yet. It's definitely one of my faves!

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

IMG_2490.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2508.JPG

After the parade we head out to the buses and once we are all loaded on, the driver tells us there is an accident on World Drive so we need to take a detour. We find out later that an SUV hit a post, knocking the post and all the signage down, causing stopped traffic in both directions as well as cars stuck in the median. We get back to Sports about 45 minutes later. When I mention the detour to Nick he just looks at me, with the most annoyed look. Apparently they were also affected by the traffic and their total commute time back to Sports from the time they got in line at the bus stop til they were walking in the hotel door was almost two hours! Poor Sage. She was so exhausted.

We ate dinner at the food court that night (we had at least one meal here a day, sometimes two, and while the food itself was actually very good, man were they slow at preparing it!) We had the quick service dining plan for free on this trip and while we were very grateful because it saved us a TON of money, it was so much food! Way too much for our family. On our last day, we had 6 unused snack credits and 4 unused meals, that we converted into snack credits. We came home with lots of delicious goodies :) At least now we know that purchasing a meal plan is not a good financial decision for our family. There were many times we could have shared meals.

That night started our nightly routine that lasted the rest of week. I'd unpack the diaper bag, wash all the bottles & snack containers, repack the diaper bag, lay out and de-wrinkle everyone's clothes for the next day, get the girls ready for bed, move all my toiletries to my parents room so I could shower there (then move them all back so I could get ready in my room in the morning), put the girls to bed, shower, and then back all my pictures up from the day on a USB. That night I also went through our weekly plans to see where I could squeeze in a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment for Sage.

Thankfully that night, the girls both slept great! It was actually the only night our whole trip Aria slept through the night. I forgot to mention that we could hear and see the DHS fireworks every night and the previous night, Aria woke up screaming when they started. Thankfully she slept through them the rest of the week!

Overall our first day wasn't terrible, just a little disappointing. Of course I wish Sage was in her Ariel dress while meeting all the princesses. And I wish Aria was awake to meet Belle in her Belle dress. We talked about everything that night and decided that because the girls clearly couldn't handle the heat, we had to slow down, take more breaks, and cut some things out of our plans each day.

Day 2 at AK coming up soon!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Disney Day 2
This is our only scheduled Animal Kingdom day. On our last trip, AK was a big hit with Sage. We spent two full days there from park opening at 9am til 6pm one day and 4pm another day. It always amazes me when people say AK is a half day park. What are these people doing? Riding the Safari and Everest and heading out? Baffling. We LOVE AK!
Aria woke up at 5am, which isn't terrible for her, and honestly I didn't even care since she slept through the night. The rest of the fam doesn't have to wake up til about 6 so Aria and I head outside.
IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

We walk around the grounds in our PJs and when we get towards the food court I see people going in and out filling their mugs. Note to self- bring mug next time! :)

Throughout the week, Aria became obsessed with 2 things- riding the bus, and that Mickey statue in the middle of Sports. As soon as we would enter the main building in the morning, she'd start pointing towards the doors that lead out to the buses making an Ah Ah! sound really loudly. Same thing with this Mickey statue. She knew on our walk back to our room when it was coming. As soon as we were on the path leading to it, she'd point and go Ah Ah! and then get all giddy when he was finally in view :)

After everyone gets ready, we head out to the bus stop. We check the monitor and see the AK bus isn't arriving for several minutes. I think it said 7:40 or something like that. I start to panic because we have Tusker House ADRs at 8:05 and I think there's no way we'll make it. Nick wants to walk around with the girls or at least go sit inside but I tell him no, let's wait in line in case something changes. Sure enough, a bus pulls up like 5 minutes later! As handy as we thought these monitors would be, we soon realized that they were seldom correct. I'm so glad we didn't go back inside!

We make it to AK in plenty of time!

IMG_2514.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

I wish Aria was smiling in that picture! It's one of the few we have of the whole family.
This is our first time eating breakfast at Tusker House and let me start by saying that I have a love/hate relationship with character meals. I cannot stand the rushed feeling, taking bites of cold food as you wipe the syrup off your kids face as a character is leaning in for a picture before rushing off to the next table. But we told Sage she could choose one character meal this trip and this was her choice. On our last trip we actually did 2, Cinderella's Royal Table (never again!) and Hollywood and Vine. We LOVED the H&V breakfast and would do that again in a heartbeat. Our ADR was at 8am, the first seating, and our table was one of the first the characters came to. All 4 characters came to our table within the first 10 minutes that we sat down so then we went up to get our food and could actually take our time eating.
I was hoping Tusker House would be the same. Before I could find out though, we had to deal with some typical Sage drama. As we are being shown to our table, the CM shows us the two seats where the girls should sit. She says it easiest for the characters to reach them on the end of the table. Sage immediately protests saying she doesn't want to sit there and that's so unfair that they are telling her where to sit. We try to explain why she should sit in that certain seat but this only makes her more upset and she flat our refuses to sit where she's told. So as we are settling in at the table, our server tells us to head up and get our food. I ask if we can wait til after we meet all the characters. He explains that the first character won't be to our table for another 10 minutes or so and that there is about a 10 minute break in between each character. So we need to go up and get our food first. Bummer! That means shoveling our food as fast as we can in between characters and messy faces for pictures!
So I am carrying Aria & getting my food and Nick is dealing with himself and Sage. I don't know what he says but when we get back to the table, Sage sits on the end where the server told her to. Thank goodness!

So overall, this is a wonderful breakfast! The food and is delicious and I love all the unique offerings. The juice that they serve is amazing too! I can't think of the name, jungle juice? Sage is in heaven because they have Mickey waffles, her personal fav. The character interaction is great. They take their time with the girls and pose for all our pictures. Aria LOVES meeting the characters. She is just getting into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse so maybe she recognizes them. She loves giving them hugs and kisses. After the characters go through, we go back up and get a little more food. The characters do a cute little parade through the dining room. Our room has Daisy. Sage doesn't want to participate but its fun seeing them go by again.

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2535.JPG

IMG_2536.JPG

IMG_2540.JPG

A few more pictures coming in the next post!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2553.JPG

I would definitely do this breakfast again. Another thing I loved was how we had that serving table area behind us. I'd much rather have juice & coffee in the backgrounds of our pictures than random people :)

After breakfast, we head over to the Safari. I like that you can push the stroller through a good chunk of the queue. So I take this picture of the girls as we are walking through-
IMG_2557.JPG

And literally, 2 minutes later, I turn around to take Aria out to park the stroller and she's asleep! Thankfully she stays asleep when I take her out.
IMG_2558.JPG

The safari is amazing, as always. We are all big animal lovers and I could seriously ride all day and never be bored.
IMG_2573.JPG

IMG_2581.JPG

This has never happened to us- the lion is awake!!!
IMG_2591.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
After the safari, our first FP was for the 10 am show of the Lion King. I didn't think we would need a FP for this show but there is very little you actually need a FP for in AK so I grabbed it anyway. We got off the Safari right at 10 though so I quickly tried to change it to the 11am show. FPs for that show were out but I figured we would just go to the 11 anyway and use the regular line. So in the meantime, off we went to Gorilla Falls!
IMG_2599.JPG

IMG_2602.JPG

We recently discovered this little zoo not too far from our house and they have meerkats. Sage thinks they are just the cutest things ever and she was so excited when I told her we would see them on this trail!
IMG_2614.JPG

I want to take one home!
IMG_2616.JPG
IMG_2617.JPG
IMG_2618.JPG
IMG_2619.JPG

The indoor gorilla area was so packed we couldn't even move. So we finally work our way to the outdoor section. There were a few guys out but they were pretty far off.
IMG_2634.JPG
IMG_2635.JPG
IMG_2636.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
We then go over to the Lion King show. We all love this show! Except for Aria. We soon realize that Aria just can't sit through shows. She's ok snacking on puffs for the first few minutes but then starts to get restless. It was tough for her throughout the week- she spent so much time either sitting in her stroller, or being held by one of us, that there were so many times she just wanted to get down and move around. She doesn't crawl but she does what we call the booty scootch. She scootches around on her butt :) It got to the point many days where we just had to find a place we could put her down and let her scootch around.
But anyways, she did make it through the show without one of us having to leave with her. So that was good.
IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2659.JPG

After the show we all walk over to Dino Land. The night before we were talking about things we could scratch off our list and Sage agreed to skip the Nemo show (I love this show but I knew it would be too long for Aria anyway) and shockingly, she agreed to skip TriceraTop Spin. Sage was obsessed with all the spinner rides last time so I was so surprised she said she wanted to skip this one.
Nick and I had FPs for Everest so we got my parents set up in the boneyard with the girls and then we went over. We LOVE this ride!! Seriously one of my favorite coasters of all time.
IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2667.JPG
IMG_2668.JPG
IMG_2669.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Aria needs lunch next (the rest of us are still stuffed from Tusker House) so we go sit inside of Restaurantosaurus in that little building off to the side. We brought drinks with us every day so we all cool off in the AC, drink our drinks, and give Aria her lunch. Sage wants to go to Rafiki's Planet Watch next but first we take a little detour to meet Russel and Dug :)
IMG_2677.JPG
IMG_2678.JPG
IMG_2679.JPG
IMG_2683.JPG

From there we walk over to the train for Rafiki's Planet Watch and as we're waiting, Aria starts to lose it. She's only had that one nap so far, which really only lasted the 20 minutes or so of the Safari, so I agree to stay back with her and try to get her to nap while the others head over.
Nick took lots of pictures while they were over there. And I was so jealous I missed out on the fun!

IMG_2691.JPG
IMG_2693.JPG
IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG
IMG_2712.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
A few more with Chip & Dale
IMG_2717.JPG
IMG_2719.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG

It took Aria FOREVER to fall asleep. I seriously think I walked like 5 miles pushing her around in the stroller. I knew she was tired though because she was laying down the whole time and never tried to sit up. Some pictures from our tour of AK
IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

I honestly didn't mind though. I knew Sage was having a blast over at Rafiki's Planet Watch (she loves that little area) AK is my favorite park as far as theming and attention to detail so walking around, soaking it all in was like heaven to me. The only down side was the 90 degree heat and humidity but thankfully, there was this one little section with misters that we could walk through every few minutes. And finally- success!!
IMG_2183.JPG

Oh I forgot this part from earlier- before we left Dino land, I took Sage to the bathroom and we just happen to bump in to Pluto and Goofy as they were walking backstage from their meet and greet. I just pointed them out and said, Sage look!! She was waving to them and Pluto actually came over and gave her a hug! It was such a fun little magical moment.
IMG_2166.JPG
IMG_2167.JPG
IMG_2168.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
So we all finally meet back up and we decide we all need something to eat. I give my parents 3 choices based on past experience and reviews from others- Flame Tree, Yak & Yeti Local Foods, and Harambe Market. We all decide on Yak & Yeti. When we get over there, Sage is all upset that there is no indoor seating and that she's too hot to sit outside. Instead of telling her to suck it up like I would have, Nick gives in and tells her the 2 of them can walk allll the way back over to Restaurantosaurus. He is seriously crazy sometimes. I know he was trying to avoid a meltdown but Aria was asleep in the stroller so Sage had to walk all the way back over and the food over there isn't nearly as good. There's no way I would have agreed to that.
So my parents and I order and yum yum yum- I love it here!! Some of my favorite counter service food in all of wdw. Sadly Aria woke up right at the start of our meal. A CM was emptying a garbage can right behind us and the lid slammed closed and Aria startled awake :(

After dinner we all meet back up again and do one last thing before heading out- the Maharajah Jungle Trek!
All the animals were hot & sleepy!
IMG_2725.JPG
IMG_2729.JPG

We did have one more FP for the Safari right around sunset. We had talked about the night time things that were happening at AK and we had decided that for this trip, they were not a priority. We were there during the in between period (no Jungle Book, no Rivers of Light) so other than the safari and the tree awakening, there wasn't much going on anyway. And we wanted to keep our kids on their regular schedule as much as possible. I got FPs for the safari for 6:30 just in case we were still there, I thought that would be a cool time to ride, but we didn't make it. I want to say it was about 5/5:30 when the girls were done for the day. Oh well, next time!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Looking back on it now, our Animal Kingdom day was our best day of the trip. Start to finish, there was very little drama, the girls were well rested & less cranky, and we had a great day! The next few nights were rough for Aria. She woke up many times in the middle of night, crying & inconsolable. At some point, I want to say it was Tuesday of our trip, we noticed one of her top teeth popped through. The next day we noticed her other top tooth popped through. So she was definitely a hurting, teething baby :( Most nights I could just hold her in our room, give her a bottle and walk around with her til she fell back to sleep. There were a few nights we had to go outside because she was crying so much. Hurting baby, tired mommy :( Thankfully Sage slept through most of it!

Disney Day 3
This was Epcot day 1 of 2! The plan for this day was to do a few things in Future World, only do Mexico & Norway in the World Showcase and then head to Disney Springs. We were so excited for 2 things that we had never experienced before- Soarin' Around the World and the new Frozen ride!

So funny thing about going through security- every day at least 1 member of our family was randomly chosen to go through the metal detectors. We didn't mind at all but just getting into the parks is such a huge process (as I'm sure you all know). Walking from the bus, waiting in line for bag check, empty the diaper bags (yes we needed 2 bags for all our baby stuff plus our drinks, sunscreen etc) repacking everything, going through the metal detectors, it was so time consuming! Then waiting in the gigantic lines to get in. Anyways, we finally get into Epcot and our first stop is Soarin'!!!
My mom doesn't want to ride so I set her up on bench with Aria and her breakfast. Then Nick, Sage, my dad and myself head into the land!
IMG_2745.JPG

Sage insists we request the back row as she's scared to be up too high (even though she rode Soarin' last time and loved it) so we have to wait an extra few minutes. It was worth the wait though because we all love it! We love the new scenes & new smells, although Nick thinks they used CGI a little too much. And I am so happy they kept the same music!
IMG_2746.JPG

We had originally planned on riding Living with the Land but we had to squeeze Sage's BBB appointment into our 2nd Epcot day so I had to rearrange things on both days. So LwtL had to be scratched. So from the Land, we went over to the Seas!
First up the Nemo ride. I love this little ride! And I love that the wait is always just as long as it takes to walk through the queue. The girls then explored the pavilion a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom