tips for the trip 6/15 -6/20

I am not going to go through each part of my trip but I will tell you how I planned my trip and the tips I found.

I booked the hotel, air and the park ticket and car rental separately.

Air - Delta airline
Hotel - Marriott World Trade Center
Park ticket - by Ticket Mania
Car rental - Dollar

1) Air
I took the advice by one of the member here. Check the flexible date in Orbits.com. You can find the cheapest price and then go to the airline website, input the flight no. to book the ticket. It saves you the orbits service fee. I booked the ticket 1 1/2 months ago before my trip. I suggested to book it 2 months ago as it is more cheaper. The ticket price increase around $15 everyday.

2) Hotel
Stay in Marriott because my husband love it and he is the platinum member. This hotel is great and got a very big pool. The rate I book is US$139 included 2 breakfast and upgrade to pool view. From the room balcony, I can see part of Downtown Disney ( the Cirque Du Soleil part). I found that Downtown Disney has a very short (~1min) firework at every 12 mid-night. I saw it everynight from my room.

The self-parking is US$7 per day. But if you are the platinum member, it is US$5.33 per day. The self parking is a bit far away from the hotel (walking 5mins, shuttle 1-2mins). However, the hotel provide shuttle. You just need to call and they will pick you up. It is not that bad.

The hotel location is very good. Very close to Downtown Disney (5 mins drive) and all the park. There is any kind of convenience store or resturant in International drive or Kissimmee area which you just drive 10-15mins from the hotel. A factory outlet is near the hotel too. There is a cheaper hotel just opposite to Marriott. I think is Beuna Vista Peak suite. Here is the map for most hotel location :
http://www.hoteldiscounts.com/cgi-bin/citymap?SID=FRT&Dest=ORL&LKF=FRT

Driving from Airport to hotel around 20-25mins

3) Car rental
Dollar is the cheaper one at my travel date US$119.99 for a week. I applied a "Fast Lane' memeber which I don't need to stay on-line and directly to pick up the car from the lots. There is a bit crowd when I arrived, so it save us so much time. More important is this service is FREE. Check out their website.

You definetly need a car if you stay outside the Disneyworld hotel. Not much traffic in the road and access to the parks is so easy as the sign is so clear.

4) General tips for the parks
Parking: you pay US$7 per day you can leave and re-enter to any of 4 parks. Downtown Disney and 2 Water parks is free parking. Very important, you need to remember where you park the car as some parks they don't have no. assign in each parking lots. Especial you rent a car...it is so difficult to find it afterward. Put something outstanding on the car so that you can locate it easier.

Fastpass : get the fastpass when you frist arrive the parks. you can't get fast pass ticket after 4-5pm depend on the popular of the ride. After you get the first first pass, the ticket will tell you when you can get the 2nd one. So plan your route in the park and it will max. your ride. The dates I stayed has long queue in most popular ride, at least 60mins waiting time.

Riding : If you don't want to wait long time in the standing line, ride at the park before closed time or when the firework in helding. That what we got 2nd time ride in Tower of Terror and Rock N Roller coster in 10-15mins waiting.

That's all I can share right now. Welcome to ask any question if I can help.

Hope your guys enjoy your coming trips.

Cheers, Aries
:sohappy:

Aries

Original Poster
one more things

oh..water park..i only went to Typhoon Lagoon. That day was raining, we hestiated to go as it might be cold. However, after we arrived, I found that it is the best day eventhough it was raining. It is no queue and the water is not cold at all. So don't hestiated to go when it is raining......of course, except the thunderstorm...the parks will closed.

cheers, Aries

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom