Tips for a Great Trip

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
What kinds of tips do you have that you'd be willing to share with others who want to truly have a great time at WDW?

1) When things seem to get a little hectic with crowds, watching your time, and/or being pulled in different directions by children or other members of your party.......give yourself a time out and relax either by riding the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, go for a ride on the monorail, or take a boat around Bay Lake and back. It'll definitely relax you and give you time to clear your head.

2) Don't stress trying to see every "must see" attraction you hear about from friends or family. Go to the ones YOU would be interested most so that you can go at your own pace and not feel rushed.

Beauty and the

I think time out of the 4 main parks is a must, a perfect way to relax is to visit one of the Disney Water Parks. You still feel in the centre of Disney atmosphere, but it is such fun to people watch :animwink:

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Go to one of the hotels for lunch or dinner. There are usually less people. It is also a good way to take a break from the heat, crowds, lines, etc. The quality of the food can be much better out of the parks.

NowInc

As tempting as it may be, DONT DRINK THE RIDE WATER!! (You only make that mistake ONCE)

Some people will say that to avoid long lines, you should rent a wheelchair and thats like a universal fast pass...well...if you can LIVE with yourself for breaking such a morality rule...go ahead...

Don't tease the CMs, No one will think its funny, and it hurts thier feelings...

The "10 second rule" is not valid at Disney...sorry....

Ok..seriously tho...

Bring your own food/drinks..its cheaper and you will probobly be able to avoid some long food lines that way...

Bring a water spray bottle to help cool yourself down on those warmer days....

When I think it's getting a little crazy on my trips I like to find new places to take digital pictures, either at a resort I haven't stayed at, or just go to one of the parks with no other agenda but to walk around and look for picture spots (World Showcase for example). Might sound stupid, but it relaxes me to take a couple of hours to just look around and appreciate the surroundings wherever I may be. Not to mention you get to see everyone else running around like crazy and waiting in lines :lol:

Originally posted by NowInc
Some people will say that to avoid long lines, you should rent a wheelchair and thats like a universal fast pass...well...if you can LIVE with yourself for breaking such a morality rule...go ahead...

NowInc - this is in no way directed at you, just general ranting, sorry :)

This drives me nuts when people do this... my brother was born disabled and uses an electric wheelchair to get around... people think that my family has it made because we can get onto a ride before anyone else. Gee, let me see: wait in line for a while and have my brother be normal or have to watch my brother live an entire life with a disability and get into a ride first.... I'm sure you all know what I pick there....

NowInc

Originally posted by TyphoonLagoon

NowInc - this is in no way directed at you, just general ranting, sorry :)

This drives me nuts when people do this... my brother was born disabled and uses an electric wheelchair to get around... people think that my family has it made because we can get onto a ride before anyone else. Gee, let me see: wait in line for a while and have my brother be normal or have to watch my brother live an entire life with a disability and get into a ride first.... I'm sure you all know what I pick there....

Oh..I TOTALLY agree with you here....I dont think its right that people take advantage of the handicap acessibility..it just makes it worse for those who really do need it...

Oh..I TOTALLY agree with you here....I dont think its right that people take advantage of the handicap acessibility..it just makes it worse for those who really do need it...

It was really bad back in 1990 when I went, my mom was having trouble getting my brother to a table in some resturant... Some guy saw that my mom was struggling moving a chair and trying to push my brother at the same time and had the nerve to tell her that now she knows how it feels to be inconvienenced.... what nerve... Good think my dad was getting food while this was going on or all hell would have broke loose :D

Camelot

I always take a bottle of water, and some boxes of raisins, or fresh fruit, in my bag, to munch along the way.

I used to favor packs, but now take a heavy duty handbag that I can sling over my shoulder and body, and can fit lots into it, if I want...the thing is to keep my hands free.

Main thing is to not let the crowds stress you out, and just take your time...it won't be the end of the world if you don't get to do everything, but a good reason to go back!

Maria

I agree! it´s a shame people take advantage of that. At some shows at the America Gardens theatre, this abuse was getting so obvious that our managers ended up telling us to ask to the person in a wheelchair "excuse me sir/madam, are you able to step out of the chair?" . It was really embarrasing for us, cast members to ask that, but there was no other choice. People were carrying wheelchairs just to sit in the front, and the worst part was that they complained when you told them that only one (or two) more person with the person in the wheelchair could sit in that area. They wanted the whoooole party to sit there..... :rolleyes: :mad:

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My fiancee's father isn't totally disabled, but he has Chron's disease, which gives him terrible pain if he walks too much. When we go to WDW he gets a wheelchair just for the fact that it saves him energy and allows him to go the whole day.

When we go to rides with him, he gets out of the chair and walks the lines, because he doesn't want people to think he's faking it, and asks for no special favors.

I wish that some people would show more consideration like he does, but alas, that will never happen.

Scooter

Here's a TIP:

Brita...the Company that makes water filters, also make a Sports Bottle with a filter. I'm not crazy about the taste of the water at the parks, so in the morning, I fill my water bottle with ICE from the Resort ice machines. That way as the ice melts, I have cold, clean, tasty, filtered water to drink.

Even if all the ice melts, you can still fill the bottles at the drinking fountains and have great tasting water. And if you ask nicely, sometimes the food and drink venders will give you free ice.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom