Tipping for Mousekeeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
You chose mine. And so I replied. Not sure where you are getting that tipping is beneficial to consumers. It is not. Please, give me some explanations why I would benefit from tipping?

Edit: Are you trying to say that tipping brings me better service? That would be incorrect. Many restaurants across the world do not allow you to tip. And yet do very well. Really only the US and a few other countries make tipping out to be some kind of mandatory thing.
I think tipping is beneficial to consumers, especially to those who don't tip. The opportunity to earn tips may lead a competent worker to choose a housekeeping job that would otherwise not pay enough. If there were no tips, fewer people would take those jobs and hotels would have to offer a higher wage to attract workers. It's possible that the corporation would make up the difference by accepting lower profits or giving the CEO a lower salary, but that has never been my experience in how companies deal with higher costs. They generally pass those costs on to the consumer in the form of higher rates.

There is so much hyperbole regarding this subject. I seriously doubt anyone thinks a person can be judged a worthless human being based on their tipping practices. People vary greatly in their beliefs and the level of compassion for others. I strongly disagree (based on what I've seen in my years on this earth) that everyone has the opportunity and ability to qualify themselves for jobs that will afford them a comfortable life. Others think differently, and nothing I say here is going to convince them otherwise. Name-calling is a particularly weak way to get your message across. Non-tippers should be happy with those of us who tip for helping to keep costs down.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Responsibilities: As a member of the Housekeeping team, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overall cleaning of guest rooms, including stripping and making beds, vacuuming, dusting, and replenishing items such as linens, amenities and various supplies

Somehow my mind just automatically put a comma there. That'd probably solve the tipping dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom