Tip For Today!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster

Hey Everyone! :D

So I thought I'd make a thread similar to englanddg's old thread The Imagineer's Workshop

This is a place really for tips involving imagineering, competitions, links to instructional videos for some of the tools you use to produce ideas, forum, or even Walt Disney Parks and Resorts tips and tricks!

I'll start up with some tips on project presentation in a second.... :)

spacemt354

Chili's
In case you didn't know!
hqdefault.jpg

Also I love this thread idea...:p I'll post some tips too

spacemt354

Chili's
I posted this earlier on the other thread, but I updated it a bit, because I do want to share this with you all.

How I Draw Blueprints

You only need a few things:
- Computer paper
- Sharpened pencil or Sharpie
- Ruler
- Phone or Camera with editing tools.

*Step 1 - Find something to take inspiration from

Let's say you are doing a Tree of Life Project...like we did in SA Season 3 Challenge 6...and you want to have a general idea of the Tree's layout, interior, exterior, etc.

All you need to do is a google image search for "Tree of Life Disney Blueprint" and presto...
il_570xN.659804436_p2ct.jpg

Is it clear or a lot to go off of? No...but it's a start. All you need is a foundation.

*The reason why this step has an asterisk is because it depends on the prompt. If the prompt allows you to design a new place...well then you just skip to step two! Or you can look up some places to take inspiration from, and just use creative flexibility!

Step 2 - Draw out your design

The final image below is taken from The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3 - Challenge 6. Probably my personal favorite concept of the year - I worked on this with Team Goofy and we designed a Tree of Life attraction called "Symbiosis"

Step 3 - Take a picture

For this I have a Samsung S6 Phone that I snapped an image of it with.

Step 4 - Edit

On a phone, once you take the picture there should be an edit option. Click on that. For me - I have 5 options: Auto-adjust, rotate, crop, photo editor, collage. Before you click on "photo editor" - make sure you've rotated and cropped the photo to your liking.

Step 5 - Photo Editor

Once you've clicked on photo editor - there should be a few more options. Click on "Effect" (you'll come to an Instagram type page) with an option for "Negative" Click on that one and "apply"

If it takes you back to the image...click "edit" again but this time go to "Tone" - in tone you'll see options for saturation. If you move the saturation tab to the right, you'll see the image glow more blue...just fiddle around with the saturation until you get the image to your liking and hit apply.

- Note: If the image is too dark, you can go back to the "Effect" option and click on "Blue Wash" - this will make it more "blueprinty" :p

Hit save...then I usually just upload my pictures to Photobucket and copy/paste them over to the thread...but if you have an option that works for you..go for it!

And tada! Your very own armchair-Imagineering blueprint!:D

2015-08-07-04-31-29-jpg.104638

Link to the Project: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-sorcerers-apprentice-season-3.901352/page-18

Hopefully this was helpful...if you have any questions feel free to ask! And also this is just my way of doing it...not the only way...so if you're interested or find you have a different way of doing it - awesome! You go Glen Coco:p

Flippin'Flounder

Why not? I think I have an idea, but I'm not sure as to why sharing the ideas of DSquared. The idea being about including Disney Channels shows and movies, that have nothing to do with imagineering a resort or part of one.
That's not what it means. It's a reference to when Hufflepuff went crazy in TSI, and we said he was "Pulling a DSquared", because DSquared did something similar earlier in the season ;)

The90skid

Here's a tip from my personal experience: Lurkers, ya'll need to come on out and introduce yourselves and your ideas to the Imagineering family! I was a lurker for quite a while before I joined in the fun, but I wish I did sooner! The community here is quite friendly (more so than the community on, say, the news and rumors forum...but thats another story! ;))

spacemt354

Chili's
Here's a tip from my personal experience: Lurkers, ya'll need to come on out and introduce yourselves and your ideas to the Imagineering family! I was a lurker for quite a while before I joined in the fun, but I wish I did sooner! The community here is quite friendly (more so than the community on, say, the news and rumors forum...but thats another story! ;))
Yes! Great tip!

I can follow a similar story - I'm so glad you're enjoying this and lurkers please come on and join in the fun - the more the merrier!:D:cool:

Voxel

President of Progress City
I agree with Vox. Reading is key.

The New York Times is the best source for SAT Literature Section Prep. I'm serious, they use a ton of vocabulary on that section.

Aside from the prep books that is.
Yes!!! Two other must reads on my list:
Common Sense by Thomas Paine
The Federalist Papers by Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and James Madison..

These two selections are beautifully written and showcase a style of writing that is lost within our own society. On top of that, theses two works are probably the most influential pieces in the shaping of America. Common Sense in how it lead the founding fathers to question and the Federalist Papers in how they question how government and a society of man should operate. It's also amazing how what was written 300 years ago still have power and truth today.

spacemt354

Chili's
Zip a Dee Doo Dah...Tip for Today
hqdefault.jpg

July 4th 2016

On the United States Independence Day, the Tip for Today will be to visit and see The American Adventure show in World Showcase and/or The Hall of Presidents sometime on a future trip to Disney.
american-adventure-00.jpg

hall-of-presidents-00.jpg

If you haven't seen them before, they are two of the greatest shows on property. And even if you have seen them before, they have great re-watchability!

There are also other attractions that have nods to America as well, such as the Carousel of Progress
13154520605_58b70fd042_b.jpg

and Muppet Vision 3D
20400469a6d6fea0b161cc57b241c0cb.jpg

Happy Fourth of July Imagineers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom