Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend

MKCP 1985

I remember getting really chapped at the inaugural race announcement, but have since learned that between 60 and 70 percent of people who register for these races are female, so I had to stand down on my position.

Two half marathons - one in January and one in September is very reasonable for the second largest populated metropolitan area of the USA. :D

But no, I shall not be registering.

Mad Stitch

...and now the other race, new medals revealed on the Disney Parks blog.

mey883209Large.jpg

So there wasn't a challenge medal for running both of these these races? Seems odd they do it for DL and princess, but not here.

Last edited:

dreamfinder

...and now the other race, new medals revealed on the Disney Parks blog.

mey883209Large.jpg

So there wasn't a challenge medal for running both of these these races? Seems odd they do it for DL and princess, but not here.

I'd wager it has to do with the fact that people were able to register for the Tinkerbell before they announced the 10k. Easier to just delay the challenge medal a year than to try to refund/credit everyone who wanted to do it.

Katherine

Did anyone check out the 10k/Half maps? Looks like they changed it up compared to the DLR races. We end the races in the Simba lot.

Is this usual for the Tink Weekend races?

Getting so excited! So much Disney running to start the year!

Maryssa*

Great success! I can't believe I actually did it. It was SO much more fun than I expected (especially the 2nd half through Anaheim). Didn't stop for any character pix because I was too worried about my pacing which turned out to be pretty good! Finished in just under 3 hours. And now I am more sore than I've ever been in my life :x Thanks for the encouragement guys, you are all so inspiring!

Attachments

• tinkbling.jpg
    tinkbling.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 136

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom