Tink Meets the Mouse--a pretrip report

Hi all!

I just made my final payment today for our June 8-15, 2013 trip and have decided it is officially time to start my pretrip report! Woot!!! Perhaps you've seen me popping in and out of the other forums on here. I don't get a chance to come on every day, but I do what I can!

So here's the deal. Though we have all been more recently as our individual family units, this is our first big trip together as an extended family since February 2008. We are all Disney fanatics and are super excited. This will be my daughter's first trip; her name is Annabelle, but sometimes my dad calls her Tink, hence the title. In addition to my family we have a few others that may pop in and out along the way.

Here are our major players:
Aubrey--that's me!
Gavin--my DH
Annabelle--DD 20months at time of trip

Lorri--my sister
Branson--her husband
Bailey--12yo niece
Gabbie--9yo niece

Debbie/Grammy--my mom
Wayne/Grandad--my dad

Also on this trip Bailey's best friend and her mom are kind of tagging along (meaning, they are riding down with my sister and staying at the same resort, etc... but they are not on our dining reservations. We will probably spend some time with them in the parks, but also split up some too since this is a "family thing")

In addition, My Uncle, his wife, and their two sons (ages 8 and 4.5) just happen to be at WDW that same week. They are staying at a different resort and only have base tickets, so I'm sure we will run into them a few times but we won't be touring together or anything like that.

Up next: ADRs and park plans(?)

DisneyAubs

Original Poster
I won't lie--we scored some pretty awesome ADRs for this trip. I'm on a quest to eat at every single restaurant on Disney property, so all of these restaurants are actually new to me if you can believe it. Here's what we've got:

Sunday: 50s Prime Time Cafe
Monday: Be Our Guest
Tuesday: Tusker House (breakfast) and Grand Floridian Cafe
Wednesday: Coral Reef
Thursday: Garden Grill
Friday: 'Ohana

I also have a list of must-have snack items to have on this trip. I don't have my list with me at the moment, but off the top of my head I know that my list includes:
--Dole Whip (of course!)
--homemade ice cream sandwich
--jalepeno cheddar pretzel
--several things from Karmel Kuche
--carrot cake cookie
--cupcake from Starring Rolls

Our daily park plans are still evolving. I think there is a good chance that park hours are still gonna change a bit before we go, so I'm not bothering to make super detailed plans just yet. I do know that Magic Kingdom will be our first and last park. Also, on Sunday we will be doing that last day of Star Wars Weekends. Very excited about that since all of us really love Star Wars! Apparently my sister is making Princess Leia headbands for my nieces. LOL I can't wait to see them!

farrellbarrel

That sounds like a lovely trip!! The ADR plans look great!! Its awesome to know lots of people in Disney, it makes it extra fun!!!! Can not wait til your TR!

DisneyAubs

Original Poster
This time next week I will halfway through my work day and go home to pack the car! YEA!!!! Wanted to update my pretrip report for those interested and make a few updates. I think I have made our final daily plans. Here is what our week will look like:

Friday: leave after DH gets off of work and drive overnight

Saturday: arrive in the morning. Go straight to Magic Kingdom!!!
midday nap
back to Magic Kingdom for the evening

Sunday: Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend
dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Monday: Epcot in am
Magic Kingdom in pm
dinner at Be Our Guest

Tuesday: Animal Kingdom in am
breakfast at Tusker House
dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe
DTD for the night?

Wednesday: Magic Kingdom in the am
Epcot in the pm
Coral Reef for dinner

Thursday: ??? for am
Epcot in the pm
dinner at Garden Grill

Friday: Magic Kingdom in the am
DD's first haircut at Harmony Barbershop!
dinner at 'Ohana?
??? for pm (probably MK?)

Saturday: drive home :(

SMPTE MOUSE

This time next week I will halfway through my work day and go home to pack the car! YEA!!!! Wanted to update my pretrip report for those interested and make a few updates. I think I have made our final daily plans. Here is what our week will look like:

Friday: leave after DH gets off of work and drive overnight

Saturday: arrive in the morning. Go straight to Magic Kingdom!!!
midday nap
back to Magic Kingdom for the evening

Sunday: Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend
dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe

Monday: Epcot in am
Magic Kingdom in pm
dinner at Be Our Guest

Tuesday: Animal Kingdom in am
breakfast at Tusker House
dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe
DTD for the night?

Wednesday: Magic Kingdom in the am
Epcot in the pm
Coral Reef for dinner

Thursday: ??? for am
Epcot in the pm
dinner at Garden Grill

Friday: Magic Kingdom in the am
DD's first haircut at Harmony Barbershop!
dinner at 'Ohana?
??? for pm (probably MK?)

Saturday: drive home :(

You will love the 50's dinner and Coral Reef. We took my parents to WDW for this past Christmas and had a blast. On December 23rd we ended up at the 50's dinner and it was awesome. Great food and the staff are hilarious when they tell you to "Eat your vegetables!"

On Xmas Eve we bought the Candle Light Processional package and had dinner at Coral Reef. It was amazing! There were five of us and five meal/dessert options. All said, we each got to try every meal and every delicious dessert, and it was some of the best food i've had a WDW.

HAVE A BLAST!

DisneyAubs

Original Poster
Oh, how traveling with a toddler changes things. I am normally a person that waits and packs the night before leaving, and still has a few things to finish up the day of. Last night I actually started packing for our trip! I don't know whether I should feel proud or crazy! LOL

I will probably not have a chance to be on here very much between now and Friday night when we leave. Look for a full report after I return, but until then you can follow me on Instagram to see pics all next week.

Follow our agency's account for pics of Disney attractions, atmosphere, food, etc... (kingdomkonsultants)
Follow my personal account for pic of the family (disneyaubs)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom